Declined Falsely banned by Console because I'm "reported scammer" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepanex

SourceBans Ban URL
Stepanex
STEAM_0:0:43340933
05-28-16 20:13
Player is a reported scammer
CONSOLE

Hello, I am not a scammer, you can quite easily get to the reason why this account has been flagged as scammer's alt. I've got login information's for another account (account from a scammer), I logged into it and tried to appeal for a judgement on steamrep. I understand I should've not done it, I was dumb, my account got tagged as scammer alt account and that was it. There is no evidence of me being a scammer.

• Funny
Reactions: Deep and DeadSworn
Please sort this out with SteamRep first. Once sorted, then we can talk about an unban.

Even if you where given an unban from panda community, the console will re-add the ban once you reconnect. I've had a look into the case, and really you need to sort out the issue on the account that has the scammer tag. Otherwise you'll never get out of this.

I'll leave this open for your response, but it's not open for negotiation.

I have a question... How did you come to get the account information of a scammer's account, and why did you attempt to appeal it on their behalf. If the account is yours, then you are a scammer. Simple.

• Agree
Reactions: Deep
Well, at the start there was scammer named "Smrtkox", he gave the account "blyatnik" (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054938100/) to my friend (lets call him X becouse I don't want to tell his name as I don't want to get him into trouble for telling me the account sign in info). After a year X gave the account sign info to me and overall gave me the account. I appreciated it while there were (and still are) some good games. I changed the pass, email and steam custom url (X knew this and was ok with it). After few days I found out that the account is steamrep banned, so I appealed for a judgement as I didn't wanted to have my alt steamrep banned. They denied my appeal & banned my other accounts.
At the appeal they said:

"Only the original owner of said account can appeal. We do not condone/allow for selling or giving away of accounts, for that is against the Steam Subscriber agreement:http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/:
You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any Subscriptions other than if and as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use).
That inherently means that somebody else or a alt or another person on the same account CANNOT appeal a ban for a banned account, ONLY those who the bans are applied to can appeal their own. Part of the appeal is that we need to gauge the honesty of the real offender, and a 3rd party cannot bridge that.".

Which basically means that it's against the Steam subscriber agreement. I tried to talk with admins personally, only one has actually added me into friend list on steam and was willing to talk. He said that if the original owner would want to, he could reclaim the account and use it as scam alt again. And that I could use it as scam alt and just say that it was the original owner who did it. You don't even know how much I regret trying to appeal for a judgement and all I can say is that I was dumb for trying and not reading through their faq or at least asking someone first. As you can see, this probably can't be sorted with steamrep, I would gladly get rid of the account if it could get me unbanned on steamrep.

Here are the links to proof what I've said: 1 2
(http://steamcommunity.com/id/stepanex2 = http://steamcommunity.com/id/nechci1 )

PS: Just in case you will close this thread, thanks for letting me talk & reply, you seem like a cool admins. I wish you a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread