Accepted False positive for B-hop cheats (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaXo

MaXo
STEAM_0:0:88321203
2023-08-26 15:12:46
[StAC] Banned for bhop cheats after 12 consec bhops
CONSOLE
I was banned for using a built-in Logitech mouse feature that lets me "b-hop" around. It's not consistent at all, and I've seen better results binding jump to the scroll wheel. The reason why I was able to get 12 b-hops in a row is because I was jumping up a staircase of a Jailbreak map (server was 193.38.251.14:27015, and the map was ba_mayanjungle_r2), which has a glitch where if you spam crouch, it lets you go up much faster. It's hard to explain, and you can watch the demo to see what I'm talking about. All I was doing was simply spamming crouch and using the built-in Logitech b-hop so that I don't have to use the scroll wheel. I've done those jumps with the scroll wheel before, and it's just as consistent, it was only a bit inconvenient. I'm assuming the reason why the console thought I was actually using b-hop cheats is because I kept my velocity while doing those jumps, which is what the glitch on the map does, but I can only speculate.
I will be more considerate of what Logitech features I will use in the future, and I hope you understand why the console thought I was using cheats.
Sincerely,
MaXo

Reactions: Eryas
Could you please provide the script / list the commands with the input delay of your bhop mouse feature?

Reactions: Zeprus
I recorded this to demonstrate that the Logitech Macros aren't consistent and not as fast as they should be.
If the delay would really be 1ms between the inputs, then I would have 500 clicks per second, which would significantly increase the chances of landing a b-hop. I was doing around 25 jumps per second, that would translate to 40ms between each input (1000ms/25clicks=40ms), which is very slow for a b-hop script. This is what I meant with the scroll wheel being much more consistent than the macro because you can have a short burst of many jumps (I on average was able to get 20 scrolls per burst), whereas the macro only gives me a fraction of the potential success the scroll wheel can provide. I've tried using the macro to see if I was able to land a b-hop in game, and I wasn't able to get them as consistently as opposed to using scroll wheel.
If you want me to provide any further evidence, then just let me know.
P.S. I forgot to mention that the difference between a b-hop hack and a b-hop script is that a b-hop hack allows to hit every jump and strafing isn't necessary, whereas a script only spams the space bar for you, which is nowhere near as effective.

Attachments

• demonstration.mp4
    14.1 MB
I wanted to follow up on my statement from earlier (The reason why I was able to get 12 b-hops in a row is because I was jumping up a staircase of a Jailbreak map... ba_mayanjungle_r2). The following footage shows me jumping normally for the first time, for the second time I used the scroll wheel and spammed crouch as fast as I could and for the third time I used the Logitech b-hop and spammed crouch as fast as I could. As you can see, spamming crouch somehow teleports you up to the next stair, which the server sees as a successful b-hop (I don't know how this works, it's just source spaghetti code doing its thing). You also have to think about the fact that I was recording this footage on a LAN server, which makes bunny hopping significantly harder. Now add the factor of me being connected to an NA server from EU with 150 ping on average and me playing multiple rounds on that map, and it's pretty likely to exceed the 12 b-hop limit, which automatically bans you.
As I have already said before, I am always open to provide more evidence if necessary.

Attachments

• Jailbreak crouch jump glitch.mp4
    42.2 MB
Reactions: Eryas
Sorry for the late response. Anticheat appeals usually take at least a few days, as we need to analyse each case independently and take many different factors into consideration.
As for your ban, we decided to lift it. The irregularities in the Anticheat logs indicate a false positive.

Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread