Accepted False Duplicate Account Ban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDanielus

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:77351499&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account - DrDanielus
Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:77351499
Date and Time of the Ban - 2019-08-26 21:32:30
Reason about the Ban - Duplicate account [SourceSleuth]
Admin that Banned you - CONSOLE
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban - I do not own, nor have I ever owned a different Steam account to this one, it's my main and only account I have. At the time of the ban, there was another person joining on lan through Steam's "join a friend" function. I suspect SourceSleuth detected us joining together and incorrectly assumed a duplicate account and issued a ban. Strangely, I was the only one to get banned from this, as my friend is still able to join your servers just fine. I haven't taken any action up until now because I wasn't aware that such a ban had been issued, and because I haven't played on many community servers as of the last few months. I hope that this issue gets sorted quickly and efficiently without any problems for any side. Thank you very much for your time. I hope I get to play on your servers someday again. Regards, Daniel.

Formatting changed from ":" to "-" because of emoticons being created from my name and description of the ban
Example:
Name of your Banned Steam Account:DrDanielus

So looking at it yeah I'd say it's a false positive. Whats odd is that the IP got banned back in 2014 but only picked it up in 2019. He had been banned before in 2018 with the same ip as the one in 2014 but was let to continue playing.

I've undone all of it, hopefully you can now join the servers without the console banning you. If it happens again let me know via PM on here, on steam or discord. Sorry this has happened, false positives happen ::):
TY for appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread