Completed [DR] Add dr_raiders (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cream Tea

1699408167611.png

1699408507807.png

dr_raiders is a map of mine that I started working on a while ago but never got around to finishing until recently. If you like dr_ancient_memes then you will like this because it's meant to be more of that but better. I don't know what you guys will think of it but I think it's worth brining to your attention as it would probably be fairly balanced on panda considering the presence of bunnyhopping. This map starts out quite ordinary and then has a boulder run with a parkour section that leads to the next part of the map with balanced traps and there are a few parts that make it difficult to simply rush through.

Here's the gamebanana link if you want to see more screenshots and stuff.

Reactions: JeFFY and sorelight
Yes, it's a good idea. If we can't add ancient memes, then this will be a good substitute for it.

I don't play on panda DR much but since I've played this map before I feel obliged to provide my input.

The following screenshot is the parkour section. There's 4 traps preceding this. You have a direct sightline to all 4 traps right out of spawn.
1699504805444.png

The ramp directly ahead is the entrance to the parkour section, which is the boulder run. The extremely long bridge that goes across is a part of Hale's side and can't be accessed by reds. In the boulder run you can hug and crouch on my left of the ramp and you can completely avoid the boulder. It's also possible to skip most of the parkour area with a demo charge onto that white bridge directly above the end of the boulder run so I'd presume it's possible to skip it with a ramped-up bhop as well, though I'm not super familiar with how skipping rules are on panda so you can ignore that if it wouldn't be allowed. There are no traps in the parkour area.

The ledge on the top right is the end of the parkour and from there it's quite literally dr_office/gayrun/etc with no double doors. There are about 11 traps from there to the end.

Round-end options are:
1. insta
2. Humiliation
3. A fight in the red spawn, just as vast as it is on ancient_memes
4. A randomized 1-lap kart race
5. A 3-minute survival game where reds hold ground against hordes of skeletons

That's the end of that. Thanks for coming to my ted talk

Looks a bit dark.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the shown area is particularly dark and it's not just my settings. I've seen a number of people complain about the lighting in the parkour area being dark makes it harder than it should be for them. The rest of the map is properly lit.

It's meant to be dark because it's a cave plus it forces the player to pay attention instead of mindlessly speedrunning through it. I could make it as bright as the rest of the map but then it wouldn't look like I intended it to and I've already made it slightly brighter than it was when it was first released. Steam screenshots also make it look darker than it really is so I have taken two screenshots of the cave with Fraps which will more accurately show the lighting as it seen in the game:

HDR disabled:
hl2 2023-11-10 00-58-52-34.png

HDR enabled:
hl2 2023-11-10 01-07-24-59.png

As far as I'm concerned the map is properly lit the way it's supposed to be.

• Informative
Reactions: crubf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread