Completed [DR] A small map update for Deathrun (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeFFY

Hello! What about a little map update on Deathrun? I think these changes will slightly diversify the game, and we will not play on the same cards all the time. In the future, I want to offer an idea for Deathrun maps, but now I think it's too early for that. Consider my suggestion and leave your ideas about it in the comments. Waiting for feedback ;)

Add :
- dr_family_guy_v5 (A map of the animated series Family Guy. A very cool and legendary map.)
About the map :
Traps - 18 (+50/50% doors)
Easter Eggs - Yes
Freerun Button - Yes
Anti-AFK - Yes
Motivator - Yes
There is a Mini-game (Floor Break), BHOP and Insta Win on the map
Not a short map (In my opinion)
Download Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/13_NBaoD5kVJnRaMx12qPYEtO1_ZhM3Ou/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)

Replace :
- vsh_dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a to dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a
- vsh_dr_minecraftworld_b4e to dr_minecraftworld_b4e
I wrote about replacing vsh_dr_block_v9 in my other suggestion.
Yes, I want to replace all vsh maps with regular ones, I believe that vsh_dr maps should not be on deathrun.
Download Link (dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_zq9-hVdt7yNIYWDGziezJrb2P1pWYBV/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)
Download Link (dr_minecraftworld_b4e) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vdijF48O9T4cXpd_1Zjt1DBxSaRgKMEg/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)

• Disagree
Reactions: Solar and bandusino
Hello! What about a little map update on Deathrun? I think these changes will slightly diversify the game, and we will not play on the same cards all the time. In the future, I want to offer an idea for Deathrun maps, but now I think it's too early for that. Consider my suggestion and leave your ideas about it in the comments. Waiting for feedback ;)

Add :
- dr_family_guy_v5 (A map of the animated series Family Guy. A very cool and legendary map.)
About the map :
Traps - 18 (+50/50% doors)
Easter Eggs - Yes
Freerun Button - Yes
Anti-AFK - Yes
Motivator - Yes
There is a Mini-game (Floor Break), BHOP and Insta Win on the map
Not a short map (In my opinion)
Download Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/13_NBaoD5kVJnRaMx12qPYEtO1_ZhM3Ou/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)

Update :
- dr_pirate_adventure_v2_8 to dr_pirate_adventure_v3
Download Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vBi-nRpX0eXMxuXYI1cVx1eomINwensi/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)

Replace :
Yes, I want to replace all vsh maps with regular ones, I believe that vsh_dr maps should not be on deathrun.
Download Link (dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_zq9-hVdt7yNIYWDGziezJrb2P1pWYBV/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)
Download Link (dr_minecraftworld_b4e) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vdijF48O9T4cXpd_1Zjt1DBxSaRgKMEg/view?usp=drive_link (Google Drive)
you believe vsh_dr maps shouldnt be on deathrun isnt really a helpful approach?
unless there's a difference on the map itself its pointless to change.

you believe vsh_dr maps shouldnt be on deathrun isnt really a helpful approach?
unless there's a difference on the map itself its pointless to change.
There are differences, but they are not too big. There are changes on vsh_dr that are more suitable for Hale, which is sometimes inappropriate on classic deathrun. Also, these cards are becoming less popular, at least because they are the last in the nomination list.

There are differences, but they are not too big. There are changes on vsh_dr that are more suitable for Hale, which is sometimes inappropriate on classic deathrun. Also, these cards are becoming less popular, at least because they are the last in the nomination list.
aha.. i'll wait what @Solar and @Stabbin say to this.

Reactions: Stabbin
family guy with the bhop we have is a really smal map i think that was mentioned by plague in the last post you can beat it in prob less than 15sec so i wouldnt add it personaly
as for the update on pirate i already mentioned it there
for the vsh i never saw the issue with these
names and the small changes wouldnt be noticable so for me id just leave it how it is
stabbin can put his 2 cents about what he thinks

I agree with Solar

family guy with the bhop we have is a really smal map i think that was mentioned by plague in the last post you can beat it in prob less than 15sec so i wouldnt add it personaly
as for the update on pirate i already mentioned it there
for the vsh i never saw the issue with these
names and the small changes wouldnt be noticable so for me id just leave it how it is
stabbin can put his 2 cents about what he thinks
On Family_Guy there are special delays, doors and more to slow down the bhop. But since you say it's a short map, why do we still have dr_aztecan, dr_supermonkeyball, dr_psykopat, dr_psykopat2_v2 and bandicoot egypt? After all, these maps are the same, or even shorter.

those maps hold a place for most ppl who play or played deathrun some even got readded back.
Yes they are sometimes short but ppl over the years still enjoy them hope this answers that

those maps hold a place for most ppl who play or played deathrun some even got readded back.
Yes they are sometimes short but ppl over the years still enjoy them hope this answers that
So Family Guy is also still liked by people. This map also has a lot of fans. I believe this map has a place to be on panda. At least I've been playing deathrun for 11 years, and I have a lot of experience with this mode.

family guy with the bhop we have is a really smal map i think that was mentioned by plague in the last post you can beat it in prob less than 15sec
I think you're confusing dr family guy with dr simpsons. As far as I remember - dr family guy isn't short. Personally, I like the map. It's one of those oldschool maps that used to be on old deathrun servers and was pretty popular. I think the community would like it.

Reactions: JeFFY
You can go ahead and rename vsh_dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a to just have a dr prefix, because they are both the exact same map file. It contains scripts and cubemaps for both names.

You can go ahead and rename vsh_dr_steamworks_extreme_b3a to just have a dr prefix, because they are both the exact same map file. It contains scripts and cubemaps for both names.
It doesn't work that way. The maps are different. Can you check it out, they have a difference of almost 1 megabyte

Replace :
Why does it matter if it's vsh_dr_ or just dr_? Replacing the maps with exact copies just with a slightly different prefix seems like a waste of time.

Reactions: Kevin
Why does it matter if it's vsh_dr_ or just dr_? Replacing the maps with exact copies just with a slightly different prefix seems like a waste of time.
The maps are not the same. vsh is created for one mode, dr for a completely different one. But if this is not a reason to replace this map, then I will say that because of the vsh prefix, maps are rarely nominated

It doesn't work that way. The maps are different. Can you check it out, they have a difference of almost 1 megabyte
The map you linked and the VSH version on Panda's FastDL are the same file. They have the same size and CRC value. I don't know why you have a megabyte difference.

The map you linked and the VSH version on Panda's FastDL are the same file. They have the same size and CRC value. I don't know why you have a megabyte difference.
I do not know, for some reason I have a difference. But I know there are some dr maps that are slightly different from vsh_dr.

I’ll just add my two cents to this but yes I suggested dr_simpsons, not dr_family_guy.
I think the bigger reason why the vsh maps don’t get picked a lot is because people either aren’t familiar with them or think they are too short. I’ve seen block be bhopped across in about a minute (without freerun). The main issue imo is that people usually vote the same 10 maps daily. It’s not as bad as it used to be when I first started playing again (where basically the only maps played were office, bank, berlin, playstation, lazytown and a couple others) with other maps only getting picked on low player numbers. This has gotten much better lately but you usually still see maps like office multiple times a day.
Many people like playing maps they’re familiar with. What imo will help map variety is making the map cooldown longer, not changing the names of a few maps.

I’ll just add my two cents to this but yes I suggested dr_simpsons, not dr_family_guy.
I think the bigger reason why the vsh maps don’t get picked a lot is because people either aren’t familiar with them or think they are too short. I’ve seen block be bhopped across in about a minute (without freerun). The main issue imo is that people usually vote the same 10 maps daily. It’s not as bad as it used to be when I first started playing again (where basically the only maps played were office, bank, berlin, playstation, lazytown and a couple others) with other maps only getting picked on low player numbers. This has gotten much better lately but you usually still see maps like office multiple times a day.
Many people like playing maps they’re familiar with. What imo will help map variety is making the map cooldown longer, not changing the names of a few maps.
I agree with you. Vsh maps are really less often nominated or chosen, because they are simply unknown to them, they are confused by the prefix.

About Family Guy. I made a short video about this map. It is not short, it is longer than bandicoot Egypt, crash bandicoot, psykopat, psykopat2, aztecan, Aconian and many other maps.
Video -

added the new map & replaced the 2 with non vsh_ prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread