Declined Dom's Admin Application V2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominoose

Donator
- Your name and/or nickname:

Dominoose, Dominick, or Dom

- Your age:

16 years old

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread):

I am eligible to apply as I've met the age and playtime requirements. I do not require permission to apply.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional):

STEAM_0:0:85065350

- Your general online times and your timezone:

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Weekdays:

• 2:15pm – 7pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday

• 4:30pm – 7pm on Tuesday and Thursday
Weekends:

• 9am – 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
*NOTE: I will make an announcement if I will be gone a certain amount of days or if I have plans made for a certain day. Times will vary.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I wish to apply for the Dodgeball NY server. I am more than willing to attend to other servers in case of an issue.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

I do not have a microphone and I do not typically speak in voice chat.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

If it helps, I was a moderator on a Minecraft server called Cyclone Network for more than a year, but have not had experience on a TF2 server. I'm sure that the experience of moderating a Minecraft server is different than moderating a TF2 server, however I know a thing or two about dealing with players, which both positions deal with. On one end, I've practiced and gradually improved on addressing situations. For example, if a player encountered a bug, I would say something about it in the staff chat and/or kindly ask them to report it. On the other end, I've dealt with players who have violated the rules of the server and have given them the appropriate punishments. However, that doesn't go without saying that I am human, and apt to make mistakes. I've made a few during my time, some of them almost costing me my position altogether. I've moved on, and learnt from those mistakes. I will probably make some this time around, however I will try my best to tackle them and learn. (If you need verification that I was a staff member on Cyclone, I will be more than willing to provide evidence, since I've applied to servers in the past that required evidence.)

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I have not had experience administrating with SourceMod. Although I have an idea as to what it is, I am completely unfamiliar with the commands and privileges that it offers.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

Personally, I don't bite. I'm friendly to all people, regardless of how they act, and always willing to help others. I applied not for myself, not for anyone else, but only for the welfare of the server. I could have easily applied for a different server, but I chose this one as its community is nice, the gameplay is fun, and I like to spend my time on here. Furthermore, Panda would do better with more admins on the Dodgeball NY server. Players on there typically break the rules when other admins aren't around, including myself, which I try to avoid.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I don't know if there is an exact protocol I have to follow, but my perspective when it comes to punishments is based on how others have distributed them. Also note that my perspective of the punishments may not be accurate and I may need to be corrected.

Stealing: Each time a player steals, they will be slain and met with a warning. After two warnings, I kick the player. If they steal after my kick, I ban the player. I don't know exactly how long to ban for, so I may need help with that if I am accepted. Exceptions to that rule would be if the rocket is heading in the direction of the player, if they are fending off the rocket in close quarters, or fending off against nukes.

Racial Slurs/Harmful Profanity: If a player is calling another player a racial slur, or any form of profanity that is derogative of their race, ethnicity, or mental and/or physical state, they will be warned/gagged. If they continue, it's a kick or a longer gag depending on how severe. Normal cuss words with the exception of disrespect will be ignored.

Intentionally Teamkilling and/or Body-blocking: If in the situation that a player is body blocking or intentionally Teamkilling another player, they will be slain and given a warning. After 2 warnings, I kick the player. After my kick, I ban the player.

Micspamming, chat spam, or any other form of spam: If a player is suddenly micspamming in chat, I will issue them a warning. After 2 warnings I will gag the player. If they continue after the gag, I will increase the length. For chat binds/spamming, if a player is seen doing so, I will issue a warning. After my 2 warnings, a temporary gag/kick will be distributed.

I appreciate the Admins taking my application into consideration. Thank you for your time and whatever the decision may be, I hope I've at least made a good impression this time around.

What I've said on one of my reports was just expressing my opinion. I did not intend on offending anyone or scrutinize how any of the admins did their job. If anyone was offended, I apologize. It won't happen again.

SourceBans:
0 bans | 0 commblocks
gameME:
NY Dodgeball: profile | chat | sessions | >3 days playtime
  • Admins associated with NY Dodgeball:
    • Nobody
Has all the requirements and isn't short af.
- Your age:

16 years old
Yet on your profile it says that you are one years old?
TAgVGaZ.png

Weekdays:

Weekends:

Doesn't seem like a lot of time to administrate. Why aren't you able to administrate from 7PM forwards and on weekends from 4PM forwards?
I'm friendly to all people, regardless of how they act, and always willing to help others.
While it might seem like a good trait at first, being TOO friendly isn't good either and will make you a bad admin.
Players on there typically break the rules when other admins aren't around, including myself, which I try to avoid.
Seems kinda worrying considering you're applying for admin but typically break rules when admins aren't around. We can't have admins breaking rules.
Exceptions to that rule would be if the rocket is heading in the direction of the player, if they are fending off the rocket in close quarters, or fending off against nukes.
Exceptions of this rule would be:
  • Saving oneself in specific situations. Because this rule isn't very specific about what is and what isn't saving yourself. I usually do it this way: If a player isn't moving, is on their own side and are not in the middle, they can save themselves. They can also save themselves if the player is standing still and their teammate walks into them while a rocket is following them and if the player was standing still at the back or side of their side and the rocket managed to reach them. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE rockets that aren't going to hit them nor is it allowed in CQC (close quarter combat) as it is unfair for the enemy team.
  • Nukes are an exception, everyone can steal them punishment free.
  • Save a teammate if they are unable to airblast due to RTD, aka freeze, melee only and force taunt.
  • Wall. In other words, two teammates stand or crouch together in a safe spot and airblast the rocket that is coming to them. They are not allowed to steal rockets outside their wall as it is unfair for the enemy and your own teammates.
The rest of the punishments are okay. For communication punishments, a kick is not required, rarely is it required for any other rule either. I only do it if they teamkill and respawn the player that got unfairly killed.
Chatlog, Sessions etc.
Your chatlog is more to be desired. Last month you were spamming binds (example: "Azzy with a Coffee : >:3" and "*DEAD* Mr. Purpl : you're gonna die so hard that you become dead") but nothing too severe. Only yesterday (11.5.2017 (MM.DD.YYYY)) did you start enforcing rules, indicating that this was just a sudden decision while trying your best to impress admins, I ain't impressed. The rest of your chatlog is mostly just filled with !rtd, !fov, !fp and !tp, I suggest using rtd, /fov, /fp and /tp as they aren't visible to other players and isn't saved into your chatlog.
Sessions are fine as they are, no massive jumps between connection dates, connection times are a little more to be desired but if it can be stretched over more than from 3AM-7PM it should be fine imo.

Seems kinda worrying considering you're applying for admin but typically break rules when admins aren't around. We can't have admins breaking rules.
It's better than me lying, saying that I didn't break any rules at all. I OCCASIONALLY break the rules, but for the most part I really try to not to. I'm only human, I make mistakes.
Yet on your profile it says that you are one years old?
That was obviously an error on my part. When I first made the account, I set the year incorrectly, which is why it displays i'm one years old. I didn't really think it was necessary to bug the admins for something like this.
While it might seem like a good trait at first, being TOO friendly isn't good either and will make you a bad admin.
Yes, I understand that. When I was a staff member on Cyclone I had gradually developed a tolerance for players. Obviously there has to be a balance between being too nice and being too cruel.
Doesn't seem like a lot of time to administrate. Why aren't you able to administrate from 7PM forwards and on weekends from 4PM forwards?
My schedule does not permit me to play beyond the times I have listed. I have school, clubs to attend to, and a life to have. Health is also another thing too. Believe me, if I could play for longer, I would.
Only yesterday (11.5.2017 (MM.DD.YYYY)) did you start enforcing rules, indicating that this was just a sudden decision while trying your best to impress admins, I ain't impressed.
Impressing the Admins wasn't my primary motive. I only recently started to enforce the rules because I have to be the one to do it. No one else has said something about others breaking the rules (I could be wrong, but I am one of the only ones.). I'm tired of seeing other players breaking the rules when no one wants to step up to the plate and say something about it.

Resting conflicts aside, thanks for responding to my application and voicing your opinion, especially from an Admin's perspective. You've really helped me out.

That was obviously an error on my part. When I first made the account, I set the year incorrectly, which is why it displays i'm one years old. I didn't really think it was necessary to bug the admins for something like this.
You should contact Kevin and tell him to change your birthday to the correct date.

@YourBiggestFan has messaged me privately
dTDAXw3.png
@Luigi123 @Pricholas @Spankyworld If you have anything useful to say or want to vote, please do so. Any other full admin or trial can vote as well, if they played with the player. Regulars should keep away from here unless they need to mention anything useful or important.

I don't see this user that often, but I have seen them before. I can't honestly give a rating on their gameplay because there are thousands of players to keep up with. As Lighty mentioned, they also have the bare minimum of hours for application entry. Not that this represents the quality of a potential admin, just needs to be addressed.
Looking through the chat history shows a lot of spam on the NY server, as far as I was willing to look back.
Oct 29, 2017 1:35:42 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:35:41 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:35:40 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:32:54 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:32:22 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:30:49 am ladies and gentlemen behold the new rainbow
Oct 29, 2017 1:29:52 am !rtd
Oct 29, 2017 1:29:22 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 29, 2017 1:24:53 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 28, 2017 2:53:39 am imma cri in the corner
Oct 28, 2017 2:50:45 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3
Oct 28, 2017 2:47:55 am Azzy with a Coffee : >:3

He also seems to be unaware that using a / instead of ! hides the text for commands.
As I said, I can't give a positive or negative rating, so I am neutral until I see the user more often.

Warning random thoughts incoming! [ Hmm.... I was just reading your application, and spotted that you would like to admin for the NY dodgeball server. That's neat. The only admins who go there to deal with reports aren't actually admins that are specifically assigned themselves to that specific server. They might not be always available when a report is casted at that time. Now that you arrived to possibly be the official admin assigned to the NY server ( since I didn't had the guts to do so myself. ) it's pretty good. ] Anyways I believe you guys wanted my two cents on this. It's in the spoilers box because it seems like a incredible idea. Definitely made by me.

[Admin]Spankyworld: It was not made by you.
Spankyworld: I stole it just now. It's mine.
[Admin]Spankyworld: I swear to god Spanky I will reban you for the eleventh time.
Spankyworld: Okay okay. Calm down. Butthole.

Spankyworld has been banned for 44300. Please visit [ http//panda-community.com/banned/info-vbananas/#post-726439 ] For more information on this particular ban.

[Admin]Spankyworld: Pranked.

I haven't met this player in person or in game, so I'll be using the "Spanky Decision equation" to help me figure out if I should give my +1 or -1 on this application.

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Weekdays:

Weekends:

*NOTE: I will make an announcement if I will be gone a certain amount of days or if I have plans made for a certain day. Times will vary.
His General Online times: It's pretty decent with a good amount of time. Enough time to be able to receive a report, or to play around while keeping a sharp eye out for those who might need some education on the rules. That's a +1

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

If it helps, I was a moderator on a Minecraft server called Cyclone Network for more than a year, but have not had experience on a TF2 server. I'm sure that the experience of moderating a Minecraft server is different than moderating a TF2 server, however I know a thing or two about dealing with players, which both positions deal with. On one end, I've practiced and gradually improved on addressing situations. For example, if a player encountered a bug, I would say something about it in the staff chat and/or kindly ask them to report it. On the other end, I've dealt with players who have violated the rules of the server and have given them the appropriate punishments. However, that doesn't go without saying that I am human, and apt to make mistakes. I've made a few during my time, some of them almost costing me my position altogether. I've moved on, and learnt from those mistakes. I will probably make some this time around, however I will try my best to tackle them and learn. (If you need verification that I was a staff member on Cyclone, I will be more than willing to provide evidence, since I've applied to servers in the past that required evidence.)
That's great! You've gotten at least some experience of moderating a server. ( Unlike me ;-; ) As well as: Understanding the fact that moderation of a server would be obviously different. Having the knowledge of giving out proper punishments to rule breakers, or when "dealing with a player". And having the great understanding of learning from your mistakes to then attempt to never make those mistakes again. That's a +1

I also wouldn't mind snooping around the evidence of your previous admin job, and the other applied servers you've administrated in the past. If you could provide it I'll add a bonus +1. If not then no bonus points for you. :pepe:

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

Personally, I don't bite. I'm friendly to all people, regardless of how they act, and always willing to help others. I applied not for myself, not for anyone else, but only for the welfare of the server. I could have easily applied for a different server, but I chose this one as its community is nice, the gameplay is fun, and I like to spend my time on here. Furthermore, Panda would do better with more admins on the Dodgeball NY server. Players on there typically break the rules when other admins aren't around, including myself, which I try to avoid.
That's nice. I like friendly people. Wait a second... Players... typically break... other admins... aren't around... including myself... HOLD UP. We can't have him as admin guys.

[Admin]Spankyworld: What are you talking about? You broken the rules as well Spanky!
Spankyworld: I have never broken a single rule in my life!
[nimdA]Spankyworld: Sure you haven't. You lying butt full of bananas heavy weapons guy pyro update.

People make mistakes. Sometimes people steal because the environment around them influenced them to do so. When a player steals and get slayed for it. They'll complain since the current environment for NY is at a imbalance with the amount of players who steal. I see the impact of the influence on the server, but once players start understand the rules and want to fully imply them. Or those who actually read the rules in the first place... it'll create not a perfect, but more stable dodgeball experience. I'll give you a +1

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I don't know if there is an exact protocol I have to follow, but my perspective when it comes to punishments is based on how others have distributed them. Also note that my perspective of the punishments may not be accurate and I may need to be corrected.

Stealing: Each time a player steals, they will be slain and met with a warning. After two warnings, I kick the player. If they steal after my kick, I ban the player. I don't know exactly how long to ban for, so I may need help with that if I am accepted. Exceptions to that rule would be if the rocket is heading in the direction of the player, if they are fending off the rocket in close quarters, or fending off against nukes.

Racial Slurs/Harmful Profanity: If a player is calling another player a racial slur, or any form of profanity that is derogative of their race, ethnicity, or mental and/or physical state, they will be warned/gagged. If they continue, it's a kick or a longer gag depending on how severe. Normal cuss words with the exception of disrespect will be ignored.

Intentionally Teamkilling and/or Body-blocking: If in the situation that a player is body blocking or intentionally Teamkilling another player, they will be slain and given a warning. After 2 warnings, I kick the player. After my kick, I ban the player.

Micspamming, chat spam, or any other form of spam: If a player is suddenly micspamming in chat, I will issue them a warning. After 2 warnings I will gag the player. If they continue after the gag, I will increase the length. For chat binds/spamming, if a player is seen doing so, I will issue a warning. After my 2 warnings, a temporary gag/kick will be distributed.

I appreciate the Admins taking my application into consideration. Thank you for your time and whatever the decision may be, I hope I've at least made a good impression this time around.
I like your method of the way you deal with stealing. Gives them a wake up call that says, "Hey stop stealing the rules says so here". Giving them their last chance to fully understand why they have been slain three times in a row. Depends if they could read the warnings in the first place. The main problem is will you remember those who you have kicked? Will they keep stealing because you've forgotten that you given their final warning which was a kick? For my application I had the same idea you had, but since I found out that I was being too kind. I decided that going with a two slay and then two day ban that progressively gets three times worse was more efficient. Which was but, more cruel than I thought. I ended up changing it to follow what most dodgeball admins follow. Except for Luigi's. His punishments are cruel. :D: Heh. He truly enforces it without mercy. Which is how it's suppose to be, so that's pretty cool. Administrate how ever you like to. As long as it fits you and it is at least the proper amount. I spank those who steal right before I slay them. Well sometimes. That's how I do it. I mark my prey. ;D

The way you would deal with chat RSHPs, Mic Spam, Chat Spam, and any other forms of spam is good. Pretty standard like most admins would do. I would just give one warning then a timed gag or timed mute because if they won't listen to me once. They won't ever listen to me three times.

The intentional team killing I would give one warning then ban, but it truly depends on the current situation. Is there too many players in a more smaller server to properly orbit? Is there just that one idiot who runs into me with the rocket, or the other way around? Is the conga line too spooky for you, so you ended up killing your team mates because of it? It all depends. I would say for your punishments. That there should be some tweaks here and there, but it's pretty good. Here's a +1

Overall I could see that you took some of your time to make your application, and that you truly do want to become an admin for the right purposes. Now I've skimmed through your chat file and noticed a few constant binds here and there. All of which are mostly hours apart. Which is not considered spam. Your current game time on that server is pretty eh. I wouldn't mind if you worked on it a bit more. Here's a -1 for diversity.

I believed I'm not finished here. I'll come back when I've finished some... analyze some uh, things. Yes. I'll drop this right about.... :vanilla2: and just a NEUTRAL for now. If I'm convinced later on it's a +3 from what you have given me.

I need to stop talking to myself...

Last edited:
Warning random thoughts incoming! [ Hmm.... I was just reading your application, and spotted that you would like to admin for the NY dodgeball server. That's neat. The only admins who go there to deal with reports aren't actually admins that are specifically assigned themselves to that specific server. They might not be always available when a report is casted at that time. Now that you arrived to possibly be the official admin assigned to the NY server ( since I didn't had the guts to do so myself. ) it's pretty good. ] Anyways I believe you guys wanted my two cents on this. It's in the spoilers box because it seems like a incredible idea. Definitely made by me.

[Admin]Spankyworld: It was not made by you.
Spankyworld: I stole it just now. It's mine.
[Admin]Spankyworld: I swear to god Spanky I will reban you for the eleventh time.
Spankyworld: Okay okay. Calm down. Butthole.

Spankyworld has been banned for 44300. Please visit [ http//panda-community.com/banned/info-vbananas/#post-726439 ] For more information on this particular ban.

[Admin]Spankyworld: Pranked.

I haven't met this player in person or in game, so I'll be using the "Spanky Decision equation" to help me figure out if I should give my +1 or -1 on this application.

His General Online times: It's pretty decent with a good amount of time. Enough time to be able to receive a report, or to play around while keeping a sharp eye out for those who might need some education on the rules. That's a +1

That's great! You've gotten at least some experience of moderating a server. ( Unlike me ;-; ) As well as: Understanding the fact that moderation of a server would be obviously different. Having the knowledge of giving out proper punishments to rule breakers, or when "dealing with a player". And having the great understanding of learning from your mistakes to then attempt to never make those mistakes again. That's a +1

I also wouldn't mind snooping around the evidence of your previous admin job, and the other applied servers you've administrated in the past. If you could provide it I'll add a bonus +1. If not then no bonus points for you. :pepe:

That's nice. I like friendly people. Wait a second... Players... typically break... other admins... aren't around... including myself... HOLD UP. We can't have him as admin guys.

[Admin]Spankyworld: What are you talking about? You broken the rules as well Spanky!
Spankyworld: I have never broken a single rule in my life!
[nimdA]Spankyworld: Sure you haven't. You lying butt full of bananas heavy weapons guy pyro update.

People make mistakes. Sometimes people steal because the environment around them influenced them to do so. When a player steals and get slayed for it. They'll complain since the current environment for NY is at a imbalance with the amount of players who steal. I see the impact of the influence on the server, but once players start understand the rules and want to fully imply them. Or those who actually read the rules in the first place... it'll create not a perfect, but more stable dodgeball experience. I'll give you a +1

I like your method of the way you deal with stealing. Gives them a wake up call that says, "Hey stop stealing the rules says so here". Giving them their last chance to fully understand why they have been slain three times in a row. Depends if they could read the warnings in the first place. The main problem is will you remember those who you have kicked? Will they keep stealing because you've forgotten that you given their final warning which was a kick? For my application I had the same idea you had, but since I found out that I was being too kind. I decided that going with a two slay and then two day ban that progressively gets three times worse was more efficient. Which was but, more cruel than I thought. I ended up changing it to follow what most dodgeball admins follow. Except for Luigi's. His punishments are cruel. :D: Heh. He truly enforces it without mercy. Which is how it's suppose to be, so that's pretty cool. Administrate how ever you like to. As long as it fits you and it is at least the proper amount. I spank those who steal right before I slay them. Well sometimes. That's how I do it. I mark my prey. ;D

The way you would deal with chat RSHPs, Mic Spam, Chat Spam, and any other forms of spam is good. Pretty standard like most admins would do. I would just give one warning then a timed gag or timed mute because if they won't listen to me once. They won't ever listen to me three times.

The intentional team killing I would give one warning then ban, but it truly depends on the current situation. Is there too many players in a more smaller server to properly orbit? Is there just that one idiot who runs into me with the rocket, or the other way around? Is the conga line too spooky for you, so you ended up killing your team mates because of it? It all depends. I would say for your punishments. That there should be some tweaks here and there, but it's pretty good. Here's a +1

Overall I could see that you took some of your time to make your application, and that you truly do want to become an admin for the right purposes. Now I've skimmed through your chat file and noticed a few constant binds here and there. All of which are mostly hours apart. Which is not considered spam. Your current game time on that server is pretty eh. I wouldn't mind if you worked on it a bit more. Here's a -1 for diversity.

I believed I'm not finished here. I'll come back when I've finished some... analyze some uh, things. Yes. I'll drop this right about.... :vanilla2: and just a NEUTRAL for now. If I'm convinced later on it's a +3 from what you have given me.

I need to stop talking to myself...
Thank you for the response! I PMed you verification of staffing on Cyclone.

I really don't know this user and I don't play with him on NY server.

So no vote for me.

Well. I'm glad that Dominoose didn't decide to spam me if I sent my reply on this again. I've been a bit busy over the weekend. Especially on Thursday. I've seen enough evidence on your past application for a Minecraft server to come to a conclusion that it is true. Just wondering though... did you have a microphone before?

Other than that. I'll give you my... let me calculate this... 4 - 1 - 5 + 6(2) - 10/2 - 4 =
4 - 1 - 5 + 12 - 5 - 4 =
3 - 5 + 12 - 5 - 4 =
-2 + 12 - 9 =
10 - 9 = +1

Congrats. You got my +1 on your application.

declined.

you may apply again in a month; 18.01.2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread