Declined Dodgeball stealing rule (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostpieguy

I believe that the stealing rule in dodgeball should be changed to be more fair for all players

In dodgeball you will get a 12 hour ban for stealing but stealing can include if the rocket is coming to you and you air blast it. I believe that the rule should be changed so that if you are stealing obviously just to be a piece of crap and make the game worse for everyone then you should be banned but not just if you air blast it when its not going for you.

I also believe that if this rule does not get implemented the ban time should be shorter, something like a 3 hour ban

something like a 3 hour ban
????

It's too short.

If this was the min length of the ban, players would just join again and steal more without even taking the punishment seriously. 12h is ok as it is now.

e32971d4923a4f5fcfe8ca03dca6aad6f2490494f3f5d54ca3fc8af48cbced15.jpg

Chill, you guys misunderstood his suggestion.

To clarify, Ghostpie is suggesting that players who steal rockets to save themselves should not be punished. On the other hand, players who purposely steal rockets should be punished. The 3 hour ban he suggested are for players who steal to save themselves, not for players who purposely steal. If the "no punishment for stealing to save yourself" suggestion isn't accepted, then he's requesting for the punishment time to be reduced to at least 3 hours. Again, this goes for players who steal to save themselves.

To answer your suggestion, Ghostpie, this rule has already been accepted. You're allowed to steal, if the rocket's going towards you and there's not enough time for you to move out of the rocket's way. If there's an admin who's punishing players for following this rule, record a demo and report them.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
To answer your suggestion, Ghostpie, this rule has already been accepted. You're allowed to steal, if the rocket's going towards you and there's not enough time for you to move out of the rocket's way. If there's an admin who's punishing players for following this rule, record a demo and report them.
Hell no, don't forget not many admins apply that as a rule."If there's an admin who's punishing players for following this rule, record a demo and report them" as you may know a lot of drama going to happen and that's like reporting every dodgeball admin. It's the player problem if they keep moving in front of a player and not finding a good position in maps. Going to say once it's better to get sniped by rocket than stealing it.

Reactions: Bass
Hell no, don't forget not many admins apply that as a rule."If there's an admin who's punishing players for following this rule, record a demo and report them" as you may know a lot of drama going to happen and that's like reporting every dodgeball admin. It's the player problem if they keep moving in front of a player and not finding a good position in maps. Going to say once it's better to get sniped by rocket than stealing it.
I think it'll be worse to slay people who didn't deserve it as it'll cause unnecessary conflict between players and admins, which is why we have leniency in certain circumstances.

• Agree
Reactions: Cryptic
Wait so I'm confused. I thought it was ok to airblast if you are in danger but didn't intentionally do it?

You know what I mean. like if you was just moving position for space or to move away from a smelly pyro, if you're in it's path and you're going to die if you don't airblast you're allowed to airblast?

Unless I'm mistaken? I mean I'm not exactly a db admin.

Wait so I'm confused. I thought it was ok to airblast if you are in danger but didn't intentionally do it?

You know what I mean. like if you was just moving position for space or to move away from a smelly pyro, if you're in it's path and you're going to die if you don't airblast you're allowed to airblast?

Unless I'm mistaken? I mean I'm not exactly a db admin.

If admin pays attention you won't get slayed for that, unless it's because of your very poor positioning (standing in the middle, going to the enemy's side, etc.). Unfortunately some admins can instapress the slay button when they see the steal message in chat, or players use this exception as an excuse to steal and later complain when they get punished.

Hell no, don't forget not many admins apply that as a rule.
It's a rule; you're allowed to steal, if a teammate's rocket is going straight at you, and you don't have enough time to move out of its direction.

"Only attempt to airblast the rocket after hearing the sentry activation noise, unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying. This does not include standing still and airblasting when the rocket comes close or moving toward the rocket and then airblasting."

"If there's an admin who's punishing players for following this rule, record a demo and report them" as you may know a lot of drama going to happen and that's like reporting every dodgeball admin.
Nah, the only dodgeball admin who'd be reported is you 'cause you clearly aren't aware that the rule even exists. And yes, admins who are punishing players for following the rules should be reported. Demoted, if punishing justified players is a habit of theirs.

imo to avoid unneccesary conflict stealing should be prohibited period, no exception. no grey area for people to take advantage of, no admins needed to pay close attention to every single steal to see if it was a justified slay or not. if you die to a rocket that ain't yours tought shit suck it up and try again next round. there is good reason all "pro" and "regular" db players dont fall victim to this rule because they know how to position themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Silorak
imo to avoid unneccesary conflict stealing should be prohibited period, no exception. no grey area for people to take advantage of, no admins needed to pay close attention to every single steal to see if it was a justified slay or not. if you die to a rocket that ain't yours tought shit suck it up and try again next round. there is good reason all "pro" and "regular" db players dont fall victim to this rule because they know how to position themselves.
I understand you have zero tolerance against stealing; however, that's not the rule applied now. Unless the rules are altered (which I highly doubt, due to previous threads regarding the same topic), all admins should follow the rules implemented now. If not, what's the point of having these rules written down, if admins are deciding which rules to enforce or not based on their personal preference?

Being an ex-dodgeball admin myself, I'm highly aware that it's infeasible for admins to keep an eye on all rockets. However, it does concern me that some dodgeball admins aren't aware that their are some exceptions to stealing. I assume they automatically press their slay bind when they see a pop-up notification of a rocket being stolen, not taking into regards of stealing exceptions. That kind of punishment style shouldn't be allowed 'cause they're being inconsiderate of the stealing exception rule. The automatic slay plug-in suggestion was declined for a reason. There's no need for an admin to behave like one.

• Agree
Reactions: DeadSworn
why hasn't this thread been closed yet it's pretty obvious i'm fighting a losing battle?

why hasn't this thread been closed yet it's pretty obvious i'm fighting a losing battle?
You're not tho. Merely unnecessary. This rule is already in effect:
No stealing or attempting to steal / intercept rockets.
Only attempt to airblast the rocket after hearing the sentry activation noise, unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying. This does not include standing still and airblasting when the rocket comes close or moving toward the rocket and then airblasting.

Examples of Stealing:

1. Going after and attempting to airblast every rocket even without having heard the sentry alert.
2. Reflecting the rocket in spite of being able to avoid it.
3. Positioning yourself badly and then repeatedly stealing the rocket when it comes toward you instead of moving.

Players and admins alike, please keep these in mind.

With that I think it's safe to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread