Completed Dodgeball: Make the glass on tfdb_box_space unbreakable (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBotV63

The map tfdb_box_space_a5_fix has breakable glass in the middle and a large pit underneath. The map itsself is decent and fun to play. However the glass breaking due to rocket explosions adds nothing but annoyance due to accidental and/or purposeful map abuse by downspiking / just directing the rocket into the pit. The glass being breakable adds nothing to overall gameplay on the map.

So please consider making the glass on the map unbreakable.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Shad
Okei, tomorrow c:

• Funny
Reactions: Madact and TBotV63
Keep in mind that if you remove the glas breaking the map essentially becomes another Blucourt except maybe a bit different in size and with a different aesthetic.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty and TBotV63
That is somewhat the thought behind this. Gimmicks tend to be fun for 5 minutes but get boring pretty fast. Also It's easier to see in than blucourt. Better in most aspects apart from the glass. Blucourt is popular due to it's linear no-nonsense layout after all.

There are many "abusable" maps out there. You can't just take the most popular one and leave the rest behind.

The others are less significant because nobody plays them and they are almost immediately voted off once they come up. But I can compile a list of stupid / annoying / glitchy / constantly abused maps if you want.

EDIT: Also, this one can easily be fixed, while some of the others are either fundamentally flawed or considerably harder to fix.

Please don't replace the glass on the USA servers.

Over here, rarely anyone breaks the glass intentionally, so they have an advantage. The glass typically breaks, when someone dies on it. And whenever that happens, there's always that one person, who gets dragged along, causing the entire server to laugh.

As an American, the replacement of the glass is deemed unconstitutional, for it violates my natural rights. I have the right of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Please don't replace the glass on the USA servers.

Over here, rarely anyone breaks the glass intentionally, so they have an advantage. The glass typically breaks, when someone dies on it. And whenever that happens, there's always that one person, who gets dragged along, causing the entire server to laugh.

As an American, the replacement of the glass is deemed unconstitutional, for it violates my natural rights. I have the right of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

That is the only reason I can see to keep the breakable glass around. But on EU it always seems to end in toxic abuse :(

That is the only reason I can see to keep the breakable glass around. But on EU it always seems to end in toxic abuse :(
That's EU for you :kappa:

The last time I played on EU db with friends, we were called "dirty Europeans", and everyone was stealing nonstop.

That's EU for you :kappa:

The last time I played on EU db with friends, we were called "dirty Europeans", and everyone was stealing nonstop.

Don't worry about us, we may be toxic, but we have better players :kappa:

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic
and everyone was stealing nonstop.
That's because most people that steal are new to the game that don't understand english and/or ignore chat. Of cours there are people who straight up steal because they're "toxic" in that sense, but the major reason is really just the lack of communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread