Dodgeball doesn't like The Holiday Punch (1 Viewer)

PokeMario17

So you know that "Crits do 0 damage" stuff with the Holiday Punch? Apparently that applies to dodgeball, at least the one in Hopjb. Just died to a ball that just... fell. After I made a crit. And crits are very common in jailbreak.

I suppose there are two ways to fix it.

1. The map creator removes the weapon attribute from the holiday punch when entering a trigger covering the red's dodgeball area, and adds it again upon leaving the trigger.
  2. We create a server plugin that removes the attribute all together, but this renders the weapon more powerful because it'll crit and make people laugh, instead of just making them laugh. I suppose we could add functionality that would check if an alive heavy enters a certain area, but that's already way to much effort for a single weapon.
Ideally the map maker would fix this, if they even cared (don't think I would).

Personally, I want to try to see if this affects different games and maps, such as Fall Game or Soccer. I know MLCastle has Dodgeball with Koopas, and Minecraft has Dodgeballs with Wool Blocks, not to mention Bowling which could ruin a whole turn. But again, these would be tests with the weapon. If it is the weapon that's the problem, then maybe there could be a fix in certain zones where Reds are MEANT to be, for example, in bowling, an invisible square that enables Holiday Punch crits to do the proper damage necessary to register as a hit so it doesn't drop or not activate, but not so big as to take advantage and attack Blues. I believe this does sound alike to your second idea where it would register where an alive Heavy is.

If anyone is reading this, I would appreciate any help with these tests. If you're going Heavy as a Red, use The Holiday Punch, and see if crits affect how a minigame is played.

Users who are viewing this thread