Dodgeball Anti-Steal Plugin (1 Viewer)

Should we add an anti-steal plugin onto Dodgeball servers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mermite

Banned
Hey,

I've been hopping around on some other dodgeball servers and I've noticed a lot of them have an anti-steal plugin on them. The plugin detects who the rocket is going to and if someone else reflects it, its considered a steal. Another thing to note is that there are 3 chances before being slain (should you accidentally get in the way of a rocket or something.)

I know this issue has been addressed before but I think it'd be incredibly useful if we were to add this to the Dodgeball servers as admins can play the game and any steal they didn't notice will be addressed in the chat.

But yeah, sorry for the repost but I think its still an important thing to think about implementing into the servers.

Dodgeball Anti-Steal Plugin :)

I think I remember suggesting this a while back, I don't really think a vote is needed as there is no problem having one, it just makes it easier for everybody. However, I don't think we should have the 3 to steal rule because people like to do a wall a lot, which I sometimes do. A wall is where you all stand still, crouch and stand in a line together and blast any rocket that is coming towards the 3-6 people in the wall, so some may be steals but that happens in a wall, as if 1 rocket hits you all die so you need to steal to live.

However, I think it would be good if we had this plugin but we changed it so that it warned in chat "Don't steal 'name'" similiar to on -.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I think it would be ideal if we had that plugin, but give everyone the option to turn it off for themselves at will. People who know the rules can turn it off and can save themselves from dying in a responsible manner and wall however much they want. People who disable it to abuse stealing and who thus also obviously know the rules will get their fucking butt banned permanently. They obviously knew what they were doing or they couldn't have disabled it. So they're dirty little abusers that we can ban instantly.

But oh well, keep dreaming.

The only one I know of is the one that Benedevil made so if you want it you'll probably have to ask him.
I think the auto slay function of it can be turned off though so that'd be useful for admins.

• Disagree
  • Useful
Reactions: Kevin and Redspike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread