Accepted Djusan's application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djusan

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Heya all, I'm applying to be admin on this community! Let's check all the stuff :)

- Your name and/or nickname

¤ My name's Loan and my nickname is Djusan

- Your age

¤ I'm 26 yo since March

- Your Steam32 ID

¤ steamID32: STEAM_0:0:52889394

- Your general online times and your timezone

¤ I'm usually online from 3PM to 3AM, GMT+1 time (France) almost everyday.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?

¤ I'm playing on #4 and #19 (7days and 17hours on #4, rank 57 atm) and I'm applying for them.

- Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

¤ I can of course connect to an other server if needed, I'm on Panda Discord so it's easy to join me (24/24h connected).

- Do you have a microphone?

¤ I have a good microphone (But I use voice_enable 0 until now tho, will of course desactivate it if I'm an admin).

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

¤ I had my own Minecraft serv back in the time, and I'm streaming on twitch so I'm used to moderate a chat and a discord.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

¤ No but I'm a fast learner and I already looked at Sourcemod commands on TF2 before applying.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

¤ I'm connected almost everyday, I am and will be fair. I just want #4 & #19 to be a good placeto play, without stealers, cheaters, micspam and everything that ruin our game experience.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

¤ Cheaters are a no go for me, perma ban.
¤ Stealers will have a slap, then a slay. During the slap I'll send an admin reminder "no steal, no block". After that, ban for 2 hours, 8 hours and perma.
¤ Micspammers will have a warning first, then mute during 4 hours, 12 hours mute, perma ban.
¤ Chat spammers will have a warning first, 4 hours gag, 24 hours gag, perma ban.
¤ Rudeppl in chat will have the same as chat spamme
rs.

1566010380402.png

Reactions: Matth
Oh, forgot :

Ban : 0
Comms : 1 (gagged during 8 hours, announcing admin)

Hello! Nice to see apply for admin on db :)

Just gonna fast ask you to remake your punishments. I think having a perm for only getting gagged or banned 2 times is a bit rough. So just a quick little tip is that the 6 punishment should be a perm. So if you have time would be nice if you could remake the punishment.

I'm connected almost everyday,
I looked into your history, and you seem to be a bit inactive.
1566037977307.png

I don't see much wrong about it. Tho I would like to see some more activity from you.

I just want #4 & #19 to be a good placeto play, without stealers, cheaters, micspam and everything that ruin our game experience.
I like that you say that cause I feel the same. Still I haven't seen any reports from you. Tho I've seen in your chat that you have been telling others to not steal. So that's good. This is also not very big of a problem that you haven't reported anything here. Just pointing it out to maybe do it in the future.

Then your chat, you seem like a nice guy maybe just a bit toxic?
1566038449371.png

1566038478607.png

Telling others they will get gagged is a bit weird imo. Still I've seen you before and you seem to follow the rules.

Still you seem you can only apply for 04#

1566038733830.png

In 19# you only have 11 hours

1566038768112.png

I will stay Neutral. For now. Will give my score when i see some more activity and more. And I also want to see the new punishments if you have time.

Best of luck!

• Winner
Reactions: Madact
Thanks Tolfx for your answer!

I'll change my punishment part as soon as I can, this is vacation here so yeah, less time to play :) (That's also why I'm no connected everyday, it'll be way more regular after 1st September)

I'll try to use this forum more often, I only use Discord to ask for an admin when needed so yeah, I'll start using it :)

I'm sorry for the toxic part, it happened few days ago, some friends of mine and me went to #4 to play some dodgeball and that guy, we will no name him, was insulting
towards everyone, so I just said some little thing (with no insult) to get him mute, I know it's childish and I won't do the samein the future.

The next time I saw him, he was the same, that's why I asked for an admin on Discord, he got a gag, this is way more efficient and I'll do the same now if needed. I apologize again for my behaviour.

It's also true that I don't play as many time on #19, I play it when #4 is empty or with too many ppl, I'll try to change that too!

Thanks for your review Tolfx, I'll try to do my best :)

Dju

• Informative
Reactions: Tolfx
Doing my punishment again as Tolfx asked me :)

I didn't really understand that part tho @Tolfx :

So just a quick little tip is that the 6 punishment should be a perm.

I assume that you're telling me that you need to do 5 punishments before a perm but I'm not sure, I tried to change to be more faire tho :)

¤ Stealers will have a slap, then a slay. During the slap I'll send an admin reminder "no steal, no block". After that, ban for 2 hours, 8 hours, 24hours, one week and perma.
¤ Micspammers will have a warning first, then mute during 4 hours, 12 hours mute, 24 hours, one week and perma ban.
¤ Chat spammers will have two warnings first, 4 hours gag, 12 hours gag, 24 hours gag, one week gag and perma ban.
¤ Rude ppl in chat will have the same as chat spammers.

I assume that you're telling me that you need to do 5 punishments before a perm but I'm not sure, I tried to change to be more faire tho :)
Sorry if you miss understand. I meant as the 6 punishment should be the perm not the 5th.
1566064355060.png

Something like this. :)

My bad ^^

So :

¤ Stealers will have a slap, then a slay. During the slap I'll send an admin reminder "no steal, no block". After that, ban for 2 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 72 hours, one week and perma.
¤ Micspammers will have a warning first, then mute during 6 hours, 12 hours mute, 24 hours, 72 hours, one week and perma ban.
¤ Chat spammers will have two warnings first, 4 hours gag, 12 hours gag, 24 hours gag, 72 hours, one week gag and perma ban.
¤ Rude ppl in chat will have the same as chat spammers.

Should be good, dunno, tell me ifsomething else is missing or need to be rework!

As a member my reply won't mean much as a vote to the application, that does not stop me from listing what I see is wrong with it. First, your punishments are a bit wonky even in the revised version since there are already set punishments that the staff team adheres to to prevent confusion. New versions are fine but I have seen almost all of the admins use the same 240/720/1440/10800/43200 format like every other admin. Second, just like tolfx said your playtime for the second server is no where near enough time to consider applying since the required amount is 3 days, just wanted to clarify on that part. Thirdly, being toxic is not an admin-ly thing to do, in the past I have tried to apply for administrator for a panda server and was shot down for the sole reason of the way I used to talk in chat and on the mic. I would be immature and that took its toll on my reputation. A good admin should never be overly toxic to the extent that it bothers another player, you can joke around and be funny as others do but if you were to be rude and call names then it would tarnish everything your working for. Lastly, I hope I don't have to say much on this for it to be realized. Your application is extremely lacking in bulk, its too short to be considered an application for most people to even try and judge, I don't mean that in a rude way but there is a slim to none chance that your application will make it in the sense of length, there are plenty of other applications you could view and many words you could have said but you left them out and let your sentence of an explanation of why you should be staff to be laid bare. All I would change is your punishments, your length of explanation,, and your behavior towards others and I can guarantee you that you could be a staff on panda. I hope this comment helps and doesn't discourage you from trying harder, everything can improve even the best of the best.

So just a quick little tip is that the 6 punishment should be a perm. So if you have time would be nice if you could remake the punishment.
First, your punishments are a bit wonky even in the revised version since there are already set punishments that the staff team adheres to to prevent confusion. New versions are fine but I have seen almost all of the admins use the same 240/720/1440/10800/43200 format like every other admin.
/rant
Asking applicants for info they don't readily have available (it's only shared between admins and sometimes to players if they request it).
Requires them to either copy from other applications which is not allowed, or ask an admin which defeats the purpose of them telling you the punishments to begin with.
The section is there for them to express how they expect to do their jobs, what they would do in certain scenarios so we can see how fit they'd be for an admin, especially behavior wise. They also get all the punishments info you expect from them, from their mentor when they become an admin, it's also not a very complicated list as dodgeball has a unified punishments list.
Also, they are a fucking applicant, not an admin, they don't have to tell you what you told them exactly the way you told them as that's not what the section entirely about. The whole punishment list thing came from jb which is even more ludicrous as it's a shitshow of punishments, punishments info of which you can't get anywhere without copying or asking an admin, as said before.

Then your chat, you seem like a nice guy maybe just a bit toxic?
1566038449371.png

1566038478607.png

Telling others they will get gagged is a bit weird imo. Still I've seen you before and you seem to follow the rules.
The contrast in behavior between the two servers suggest they're either trying really hard to look as nice as possible on their main server with higher play time, or is just a coincidence.
Honestly this bit is quite funny, insult someone then complain that someone else didn't get muted/gagged for insulting.
gKCtTAM.png

ofc this could be out of context and not actually insulting anyone but themselves.

I'm usually online from 3PM to 3AM, GMT+1 time (France) almost everyday.
I have a hard time believing you'd play dodgeball for 12 hours until 3 AM. Maybe every few hours you play for a bit, not that much for that time period, your session certainly seem to indicate so.

I'll be monitoring your behavior in the servers and decide later, as for now I'm staying neutral.

I'll answer to everyone soon, I'm on vacation for now and I don't have acces to TF2, at least I can't play dodgeball because of bad internet here.

I'll startplaying again on 28/29th august, not before

I just wanted to let you know that, it's not that I'm not playing on panda anymore, I just can't atm

See you soon all, looking forward to play again!

• Informative
Reactions: Lighty
I'm back in da game!

God it's good to have my good computer again ^^

The contrast in behavior between the two servers suggest they're either trying really hard to look as nice as possible on their main server with higher play time, or is just a coincidence.
Honestly this bit is quite funny, insult someone then complain that someone else didn't get muted/gagged for insulting.

I kinda learnt that being as rude as him was not the good thing to do, that's why the second time I went to panda's discord to ask for an admin, it was fast and much cleanier to do.

I know this behaviour is not suited to apply for an admin, you're all right, that's why I'm trying my best now, I'm getting used to report on forum and/or discord (I know that forum is the right thing to do, discord is just to ping an admin fast)

I have a hard time believing you'd play dodgeball for 12 hours until 3 AM. Maybe every few hours you play for a bit, not that much for that time period, your session certainly seem to indicate so.

I maybe misswrote this, I'm french so sometimes it may be hard to express the good sentence ahah!
What I meant is : I can be online from 3pm to 3am, during 12 hours ^^ (Or I should be waaay better at dodgeball :kappa:)

Now that holidays are over (sad) I can be online maybe few hours per day, it depends if I'm streaming or not, and I'm trying to play every days as much as possible of course!

I hope I answered everything, feel free to ask me more!

Dju

Reactions: Roar and Tolfx
Hello again!

Well you didn't lie about your session going up and you seem to be a lot more active now and chat seems pretty clean.

I don't know you so much I've only seen you play sometimes in #04 but I've seen you follow the rules and enforce others to "Don't steal" and more.

Even if you was a bit toxic you seem to be fine now and more calm and that's something I like to see. (or at least what i've seen in chat rn)

I got nothing much to say then +1.

Reactions: Djusan
Thanks a lot Tolfx, I'm trying to follow what all of you explained to me :)

Also, I'm currently moving from my appartment, so I won't be online until saturday! I tried to launch a casual game on a free wifi, it was awful, I better wait to have a good connection back!

See you all later on servers!

• Informative
Reactions: Tolfx
I've gotten feedback from Tbot in private. If lighty changes his vote he can let me know in pm.
So this is ready to go under review! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or inactivity coming up. ::):

Reactions: Djusan
accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Lighty.

• Informative
Reactions: Lighty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread