Dissable Demoshields again [Jailbreak] (1 Viewer)

Should we dissable sheilds for demomen again on Jailbreak?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redspike

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
I have been playing some jailbreak during the last few days and I really dislike the ability for a demoman to charge in this gamemode, when I played some jailbreak today every round a demo charges on to the warden and kills him with a caber or a sword.

I think it is fun to rebel but I think that we took a step to far by enabeling demoshields, I suggest we come up with other ways to make rebelling easier, some ways where rebelling takes a little bit more "skill" and is more tactical.

Before voting in the poll please play an hour or two on the jailbreak server.

Charge n targe + caber = freeday and just wasting time
I think this is more fair for guards I vote yes

Reactions: Redspike
jailbreak, june 2015
- no weapons allowed except those deemed 'satisfactory' by the JB admins gods
- guards are banned from having fun
- JB has spread onto the other servers, replacing DB 2, HT2 and anything seen as fun
- still a bad gamemode
I vote no

Be warden, get yourself a pocket pyro, problem solved.
Imo no reason to ban all shields since charging as demo is way to much fun and they have to give up their stickys in order to use it. Giving up stickys is a giant downside once you got ammo.

Edit:
I think this is more fair for guards I vote yes
Crits, do I need to say more?

Dissableing melee weapons 3 seconds after charging would also be a good option, then you can still use the shields for escaping and such.

The CaberGod said No.
The CaberGod will give free milk and cookies to everyone who votes No.

• Funny
Reactions: mosteraz
I have to say most of the people that vote no, never play guard and want it to be easier for them to rebel.

The CaberGod said No.
The CaberGod will give free milk and cookies to everyone who votes No.
You just use it because its unfair and want to have it so you can keep doing it, if a warden is killed the round is basically ruined and if you keep doing it over and over again it basically just destroys the whole gamemode

I have to say most of the people that vote no, never play guard and want it to be easier for them to rebel.
Wrong, when I played Jailbreak I used to play both, at that time the shields were disabled but there were some situations where I would've really loved to use the shield. Also as guard I always played sniper/scout or PYRO. And honestly, I wouldn't mind people using their shields as warden since you should always have a pyro around. That's why I voted no. It forces the blue team to be more organized and would balance these crits at least a little bit.

Wrong, when I played Jailbreak I used to play both, at that time the shields were disabled but there were some situations where I would've really loved to use the shield. Also as guard I always played sniper/scout or PYRO. And honestly, I wouldn't mind people using their shields as warden since you should always have a pyro around. That's why I voted no. It forces the blue team to be more organized and would balance these crits at least a little bit.

Other people have other opinions and if you play guard for an hour or more and almost 50 % of the red team is demo's with a chargin targe killing ya, try having fun then.

The thing is it should be disabled as the server needs to be fun and the players must be able to have fun (without breaking rules though) and it's gonna only make it a fun time if red team charges at them almost killing them instantly.

And saying the Blue team has to be more organized by having a pyro is just thinking about a stupid solution for a problem.

The thing is it should be disabled as the server needs to be fun and the players must be able to have fun
There were two reasons for me to quit jailbreak at that time: Reason 1: A giant lack of guards and (good) wardens
Reason 2: Being warden/guard being extremely boring due to not having anything to do besides watching the reds die and chase someone every once in a while. Having a challenge as blue sounds like a hell lot of fun to me.

I've already spoken to @Kevin about this, the demo-shields on RED team give them a huge advantage when trying to be controlled by the BLU team and I suggested removing them.

(Chat won't let me go all the way back but this is what I got left...)
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: but whats the issue?
mermite | Panda.tf: demomen on RED shouldn't be allowed to charge but they can so removing shields would take away this ability
mermite | Panda.tf: plus shields weren't allowed in last config
mermite | Panda.tf: so keeps it spomewhat consistant
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: welp
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: it does the job for now
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: tell me which items needs to be blocked
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: which shields
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: and i'll look into it
mermite | Panda.tf: all of them
kVN.tf - Panda-Community.com: "all"
mermite | Panda.tf: all shileds xD not all items
mermite | Panda.tf: thats chragin' targe, tide turner and splendid screen
mermite | Panda.tf: i thought there were more shields than that... hm.. just those 3 then

But yeah, I'm all for them being removed...

It's difficult to evade Demoknights in this gamemode.
But this makes it more interesting for me to be honest.
And yes: I was warden already for several times.
Edit: Thats all I say here. No useless comment this time, dont feel for it atm.

Shields aren't a problem unless you are really unobservant. They only become a problem when the warden ends up being a spy or sniper or any class that has hardly any health/ability to deal with that sort of thing. Besides, if you go Spy as warden then you deserve it to be honest.

If you're unable to handle a charge demo, you're doing something wrong.

If he has a tide turner, just 1 shot with a pistol will stop him dead in his tracks.

With other shield, just move out of the way, the demo isn't very good at turning with the pre-tide turner shields.

Zeprus, seen that I've never seen you once on Jailbreak, could you stop to post on every single thread and ruining the fun of other people?
Thanks.

In all honesty there may have to be a few things disabled but more on that when and if they arise

Zeprus, seen that I've never seen you once on Jailbreak, could you stop to post on every single thread and ruining the fun of other people?
Thanks.
You are a hypocrite and a whiny person, if you dislike what I have to say just ignore it also, if you would've read my posts carefully you would've realized that I stopped playing jailbreak a while ago.

You are a hypocrite and a whiny person, if you dislike what I have to say just ignore it also, if you would've read my posts carefully you would've realized that I stopped playing jailbreak a while ago.
You have more connection time than me xD

Thanks.
It's almost as if everytime you post something you're trying to make people roll their eyes at you. He only has half the time you've connected and 3x as much a I have, so he has as much of a say in this as anyone.

(evidence!?):
rvwKtab.png

But... But we are friends. ;¬;

Anyway, I said that because you don't actually play anymore and you don't know what's going it's actually changed.
Yes, I knew you played on Jailbreak, but I intended that you don't play there anymore.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lukas and SunDwarf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread