Declined [Discord] Rule 4 related suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_COMIENZO

Donator
Howdy-howdy, I just wanted to put two cents in for rule 4 on the Discord server.
4. Keep each topic on their respective channel (especially NSFW topics). If you feel like you’re slipping a discussion to a particular different topic not belonging to the channel you are on, please refrain from posting it there and change it to the channel where it’s content is suppose to be;

I thought I'd put it out there that maybe that rule could have some leniency- specifically toward the use of memes/reaction images/etc in #general.
When it comes down to it, I think people should be allowed to post memes and such in the general channel if related/used in an ongoing conversation, whereas people who would dump memes without contributing to the conversation be directed to #memes.

The reason for this suggestion is because from what I've observed (and experienced firsthandedly), is that people regularly post memes in that channel, and nobody complains until a staff member who wasn't even partaking in the conversation comes around, sometimes hours after, directing said user to the meme channel.

Few memes not gonna hurt anyone. Is more like showing friends you're talking with a meme or something.

• Dumb
Reactions: Mikey
They hurt me.

Few memes not gonna hurt anyone *except Zeprus.

Fixed it. I have no idea how to edit my original post, but there you go.

I've added a poll towards this to get a general sense of community opinion as I have received complaints about this. Votes are private.

When it comes down to it, I think people should be allowed to post memes and such in the general channel if related/used in an ongoing conversation, whereas people who would dump memes without contributing to the conversation be directed to #memes.
Since I'm probably the main or only person enforcing the rule I suppose I should respond properly.
This is, from my perspective, what I've already been doing. If a meme was a direct response to something in an ongoing conversation I never said anything about it. Only memes with no context that weren't part of a conversation, or injected into the conversation without any real relation to it, were removed. There was one edgecase where I removed two reaction images that were posted by people who weren't part of the conversation in response to or inspired by someone who was part of the conversation posting their reaction image.
So going by the original post this would be the only case this thread is addressing?
If that's not what this thread is about specifically then I think there should be some clarification what exactly the vote is aimed at.

Reactions: blood3y
From what I've been witnessing is that memes are still used within general with some enforcement towards the rule where particularly Zeprus saw as appropriate. Zeprus has explained the method of enforcement and, to what I can say on it, seems reasonable.

With that I don't believe the rule needs changing or enforcement needs changing, so the suggestion is declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread