Declined Disallow Simon Says and Color Chaser on Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Meatloaf

One of the biggest differences between Panda and every other jailbreak server is Panda's reliance on clear, easy-to-understand orders. In most Jailbreak servers the warden tries tricking the reds by doing "Out of cell rebel day" or placing warden markers without telling reds to go to them. If you've ever played on those servers hopefully you'll agree that it's not a fun way to play. Nobody enjoys getting killed because they can't understand the warden's orders or because the warden is trying to trick them, which is why our server rules do such a good job of disallowing this style of play. The two exceptions that remain on the server are Simon Says and Color Chaser. Both these games rely on wardens tricking reds in order to eliminate them which still isn't fun for red players.

Warden's new order overrules the old orders.
The Warden's orders has to clear so the Prisoners won't get confused on what the do.
Minigames what involves the BLU team killing the Prisoners are not allowed unless it's located on the map or is a variation of an existing Minigame on the map

Simon Says Violates all of those rules. While it's still allowed because an explicate exception in the rules was made for Simon Says, it still doesn't fix why these rules were put into place. While I didn't write the rules their intentions can be reasonably assumed. Rules against tricking reds were likely put into place because it's just not fun to die when the warden tricked you into disobeying orders. Rules against BLU team killing prisoners in minigames, not on the map are likely in place because it's more fun to play an existing minigame on the map than to play made-up minigames (this is also one of the reasons FRLR is banned). TLDR; Simon Says isn't fun and it violates most of our rules anyway so we should just remove it.

Even the rules admit that Simon Says isn't fun
This contradicts with some rules we currently have so we advice players to seek a quick Minigame on the map or only play this Minigame if you need to settle the Last Request between two players.

To be completely honest I don't actually think color chaser is even allowed given our current rule on Minigames where BLU team kills prisoners.
Minigames what involves the BLU team killing the Prisoners are not allowed unless it's located on the map or is a variation of an existing Minigame on the map.
Although I've never seen anybody get guard banned for playing it. While you might be able to argue that color chaser is just the warden telling prisoners to go somewhere and if they don't go to the nearest color they are detouring, I don't think you can make the argument that it's not a minigame since there is explicitly a name for this minigame and the order "Go to the nearest yellow thing" isn't exactly a clear order. Color chaser also causes too much debate over which thing is closer, and what color counts as what can often be a matter of opinion. This minigame like FRLR also often confuses guards on who exactly is KOS because of the nature of the game and should be banned for the same reason as players often get free killed trying to play it. It's also just another way to avoid playing actual minigames. Even if this minigame is technically not allowed given our current rules people play it often enough that I think an explicit note in the rules should be made to not allow color chaser. TLDR; Color chaser also violates some of our rules and also isn't fun to play.

Let me know what you guys think. I sorta had this idea that nobody really liked these games but maybe it's just me and everybody else LOVES Simon Says and Color Chaser. Make sure you guys voice your opinions in the poll. I've also included an option to make them both "LR Only" which might be a good compromise if the votes are close to even, but personally, I just want these minigames gone.

Thank you for reading.

1625397676079.png

Declined based on poll results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread