Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubs

Hey guys I'm back again, and I'm hoping this vote passes. I have no idea how my suggestion would work, but I think youguys may be able to figure it out. I think youguys should have a bot that records chat, gameplay and voice chat.

I feel like there should be maybe a /recordtarget (name) and that should record their gameplay from spectate. When reports come in, you'll have full evidence on this person and what has been going on. For example: There is a guy spamming something, so I /recordtarget Bill. Admins then have evidence for a ban.

I'm not sure if I get what you say, but I'll try to answer.

I don't know if something like this is possible, and if it is, forget what I said.
However, we already have ways to do that. We can see people's chatlogs from GameME and you can already record a demo by yourself and upload it. So in my opinion this would be pretty useless since we can already do these things.
So I don't think this plugin would acccomplish anything we can't already do.

• Agree
Reactions: Luigi123 and Lighty
B
I'm not sure if I get what you say, but I'll try to answer.

I don't know if something like this is possible, and if it is, forget what I said.
However, we already have ways to do that. We can see people's chatlogs from GameME and you can already record a demo by yourself and upload it. So in my opinion this would be pretty useless since we can already do these things.
So I don't think this plugin would acccomplish anything we can't already do.
I feel like people that don't feel like recording and don't care enough to record would use this. No one likes cheaters, and this would by far make this a lot easier.

Any download links?

B

I feel like people that don't feel like recording and don't care enough to record would use this. No one likes cheaters, and this would by far make this a lot easier.

I feel like this would be useful for people to report, but it would be a nightmare for Admins. Having an endless stream of demos coming at you that you have to watch, and you don't know what for. Also, think about the reports that are not justified. I feel like having the !call and letting the admins deal with it will is easier.
But I guess you haven't explained your idea in detail, so I don't really know what you have in mind.

I feel like this would be useful for people to report, but it would be a nightmare for Admins. Having an endless stream of demos coming at you that you have to watch, and you don't know what for. Also, think about the reports that are not justified. I feel like having the !call and letting the admins deal with it will is easier.
But I guess you haven't explained your idea in detail, so I don't really know what you have in mind.
Well, we all know that you can see in chat that you're calling an admin and that you can see when one joins, in that case, they will stop whatever they are doing...

All I have to say for admins is that, you do what you gotta do

Well, we all know that you can see in chat that you're calling an admin and that you can see when one joins, in that case, they will stop whatever they are doing...

That is very true, using !call makes everyone know that you called an admin. We already have a way to see people's chat, even if they stop, so that's that.
For the rest, you can record a demo, then use !call, and it would do the same thing.
I feel like it would just be overkill or just for lazy people (wich is fine, I can understand, sometimes you just don't want to bother). But yes, as you said, just let the admins decide on that one, after all, my voice has no value.

That is very true, using !call makes everyone know that you called an admin. We already have a way to see people's chat, even if they stop, so that's that.
For the rest, you can record a demo, then use !call, and it would do the same thing.
I feel like it would just be overkill or just for lazy people (wich is fine, I can understand, sometimes you just don't want to bother). But yes, as you said, just let the admins decide on that one, after all, my voice has no value.
Same here haha

You know I would be addicted to this feature.

Not sure how this pluggin will work on the servers though. Can imagine the amount of space this will stack up with the amount of demos...It might it only be sent to Kevin as he's the only one access to server files?

I also concern express concern for overkill, as @Psycho suggests. Overflow of demos coming in...That sorta thing.

You know I would be addicted to this feature.

Not sure how this pluggin will work on the servers though. Can imagine the amount of space this will stack up with the amount of demos...It might it only be sent to Kevin as he's the only one access to server files?

I also concern express concern for overkill, as @Psycho suggests. Overflow of demos coming in...That sorta thing.
Well maybe a time limit per hour? Like I said I'm not sure how everything works, it's just an idea. And maybe you can set up something in the rules...

Since no one else has mentioned this so far I will go ahead and do it. Abuse. As it is right now dealing with call abuse is a simple and quick process, you get the call, you join the server, you check if it was justified, you either warn or ban the person. I don't want to imagine the amount of false calls as demos. Especially since one would have to watch them completely to ensure it was call abuse and the rule breaking doesn't happen in the last minutes. I can't really think of a workaround for this either. This would be very time consuming compared to /call or personally recorded demos as the person recording can provide either a short demo or the ticks when it happened.

Since no one else has mentioned this so far I will go ahead and do it. Abuse. As it is right now dealing with call abuse is a simple and quick process, you get the call, you join the server, you check if it was justified, you either warn or ban the person. I don't want to imagine the amount of false calls as demos. Especially since one would have to watch them completely to ensure it was call abuse and the rule breaking doesn't happen in the last minutes. I can't really think of a workaround for this either. This would be very time consuming compared to /call or personally recorded demos as the person recording can provide either a short demo or the ticks when it happened.

I mentionned this :c

I'll be honest with you, it is very time consuming. I'd also like to point out that it often takes 10-20 minutes for a admin to come into the server, by then the person has left and/or stopped what they where doing. Ive noticed that if they left, they do not get in trouble and continue on. Most of the time they sit there and watch the server waiting for admin to leave.

I think that 1 out of 15 (no source, just a educated guess) people will record and like 10 out of 15 of those people won't even know how to record.

Anyone else? I just put this reply up to push this suggestion up XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread