Dealing with Baiters. (1 Viewer)

Clic Clic Boom

Alright so,

I thought during a long time now about adding the same system that is already put in place for the Dodgeball admins to deal with slayers, which is using their binds, right after slaying stealers, saying :

@You have just been slayed? This is because you were stealing rockets or trying to steal rockets
@When a rocket is meant for you, you hear a sentry noise. If not, the rocket is not for you and it is stealing to blaste it then

But here, i thought of changing few things, to use that bind system against Baiters.
Basically, as soon as a BLU baits, an admin slay him, and use the binds below to explain to the one that baited, that what he did is against the rules, and asking him to check our current rules. The binds would be :

@You have just been slayed? This is because you were baiting the RED team, to force them to rebel.
@Baiting (standing near prisoners, entering in a RED only area, ...) is highly disallowed. Type !rules to check a complete and detailed list of what baiting is.

Using that, we would gain a clear ammount of time that we'd have lost explaining them what they did, instead of following the actual round, and in the same time, forcing them to check the rules, which can only be benefic for everyone, just by pressing two binds.

Ofcourse the binds can be improved with some better explanations/sentences, but that's the best that i could do, any idea would be greatly welcomed.;)

I'd love to have your feedback on that,
Thanks.:p

Clic²

How about combining them into one bind? :p

bind key "say @You have just been slayed? This is because you were baiting the RED team, to force them to rebel.;
say @Baiting (standing near prisoners, entering in a RED only area, ...) is highly disallowed. Type !rules to check a complete and detailed list of what baiting is."
All in one bind :)

• Informative
Reactions: CiroBishop
I don't think anyone who breaks the rules ever reads the chat. Just saying... Atleast, that is from my experience.

Thought of that but since the chat in Jailbreak is constantly used (if not spammed), showing that in a combined bind will make that one message disappears as fast as he appeared, or, we could just bind two keys for these messages, and so, the first part "@You've been slayed ... them to rebel" could be used right after slaying baiters, then adding the second part following this one, to warn them about their infractions, in that case, using two keys could also let us use the other part just as a constant reminder (as it's already done for the "Don't join the BLU team if you don't have a mic..." bind). But well, that's not the most important point, as long as we warn players and give enough informations using this, i believe that, the combined bind or not, really depends on how the admin manages his way of administrating.

I don't think anyone who breaks the rules ever reads the chat. Just saying... Atleast, that is from my experience.

That's true, but i'm not of those one who think that using an info box when you connect to a server will magically prevent the rules to be broken (even if i'd love to, but that's too utopic for me), players just press 1 and forget about that box after few minutes playing there, all players are using (or atleast read) the chat, and generally, a green message with (ALL)(ADMIN) before, gets more chance to attract's someone attention than a box that disappears instantly after pressing a button.

Then you can atleast asure that you have warned them.

Totally, and so we could consider that slay + binds system (used also during all the round as a constant reminder), stands as a first warning, and so, allow us to punish strictly baiters at the next infraction.

I'd all ready applied it towards deathrun when supreme showed me this bind. It was a good idea so I used it for the bhoppers. I still do to this day.
Hopefully I guess it'll help out on jailbreak. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Clic Clic Boom
i think @Da Random has got a point I've seen almost no one read the chat after breaking a rule no clue why. Mabye put the warning somewhere will they will see it?

Well most of them when they have been slayed tend to go to chat and type !me to ask why they were slain.Since they are doing this they will probably notice the green mesage above them.Well atleast when i die i usually check the chat.
Who knows maybe its just me ;D
Though the idea is very good.

If they read or not the chat should not really bother us, as said above, as long as we give them enough warnings, we should not consider asking ourselves "Did he see the message? Wait maybe one more warning?, ...". Warnings are there and have been given, if a rulebreaker keeps doing that, punish, simple.

Well most of them when they have been slayed tend to go to chat and type !me to ask why they were slain

That's one point.

And if the others don't bother checking the chat, they probably did not check the info box as well, so we got no reasons to not be strict against them.

The way the current system is that you read the rulebox and if you ignore it, it's your responsibility if you break them. Warning or not, we will punish you if don't follow them.

I found 1 way to be sure that they have seen the warning:On DB admins warn players at the beginning of the round by displaying a message* right in front of them.example. General reminder:Stealing/blocking is not allowed. Atleast nyah deadsworn supreme celia (I think) are doing it. But when they slay others the use the (All) Admin with displays a message in the chat box

EDIT:*in the middle of the screen

• Agree
Reactions: Nyah

Users who are viewing this thread