Creepy Suggestion Box (Member tab, forum admin etc.) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mertes

Member Tab
So a while back, the Member tab was removed due to reasons I barely remember. I was actually a bit surprised even when it was removed but later came to accept it and got used to it not being there. As of recently though, I've been thinking about it and thought that it might be a good idea to bring it back because;
  1. It would make it a whole lot easier to go on the Member list and search for a member as it would make users recognize it easier than going to the Search bar at the top.
  2. It would also be really interesting to the the different tablists such as Notable Members, Most Positive Ratings (probably should remove Most Negative Ratings though) and even Staff Members. (Also, Staff Members is probably one of the main issues why the Members tab was removed)
  3. There is no point in not having it if the issues with it can be resolved which, by the looks of it, can probably be done.

Forum Moderator/Admin (whichever is preferred)
Now this might not seem like something that is needed or necessary at first glance, but it would actually be pretty beneficial.
Having a forum moderator/admin rank would grant a user who is active on the forums but not on the server permissions to moderate the forums which would in turn relieve some work for the gameserver admins. The players would probably not be able to apply for the rank as it would not need many of them and possibly hand-picked by the owner or any of the admins.

New Staff Application System
For a while the application system has been functioning but with minor flaws. Even though the update of having the admins privately discuss the applicant and come up with a response later on- I still find it a bit messy to go on about doing all this in a whole thread. Instead what I suggest is have the player post their application anonymously either through Google Forms or any other kind of website where only accessed members has the permission to visit. Then through perhaps a chat the staff members discuss which members they deem worthy.
That's my suggestion and there might be other ideas but I still think the system should be updated or changed.

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: Deep and Fiescha
I don't see anything to add the forum moderator again. It worked well in the past to edit threads, votes and some other stuff. He helped to edit the applications aswell. Up to Kevin to re-think this idea. Only he can give permissions to someone.

Member Tab
So a while back, the Member tab was removed due to reasons I barely remember. I was actually a bit surprised even when it was removed but later came to accept it and got used to it not being there. As of recently though, I've been thinking about it and thought that it might be a good idea to bring it back because;
  1. It would make it a whole lot easier to go on the Member list and search for a member as it would make users recognize it easier than going to the Search bar at the top.
  2. It would also be really interesting to the the different tablists such as Notable Members, Most Positive Ratings (probably should remove Most Negative Ratings though) and even Staff Members. (Also, Staff Members is probably one of the main issues why the Members tab was removed)
  3. There is no point in not having it if the issues with it can be resolved which, by the looks of it, can probably be done.

Forum Moderator/Admin (whichever is preferred)
Now this might not seem like something that is needed or necessary at first glance, but it would actually be pretty beneficial.
Having a forum moderator/admin rank would grant a user who is active on the forums but not on the server permissions to moderate the forums which would in turn relieve some work for the gameserver admins. The players would probably not be able to apply for the rank as it would not need many of them and possibly hand-picked by the owner or any of the admins.

New Staff Application System
For a while the application system has been functioning but with minor flaws. Even though the update of having the admins privately discuss the applicant and come up with a response later on- I still find it a bit messy to go on about doing all this in a whole thread. Instead what I suggest is have the player post their application anonymously either through Google Forms or any other kind of website where only accessed members has the permission to visit. Then through perhaps a chat the staff members discuss which members they deem worthy.
That's my suggestion and there might be other ideas but I still think the system should be updated or changed.

Thank you!
members tab is back aswell for the new staff application system will follow in the next days, meaning that there will be a button at the sidebar where you can click on pre-defined templates for things like unban/protest or admin application and so on.. just to make things a bit easier for people.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: Capp and Mertes
so are you suggesting that panda needs more of a pyramid based hierarchy? Doesn't it already have one... I would prefer to call them Community moderators then forum admins, they have the privileges of: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads. Also occasionally warning members. (Basically head admins) It makes sense to have them though, it's better to have 6 forum admins in a forum of 50 instead of having 50...

I just found out 26 people have forum admin abilities out of a forum of 43, which is ok, but if panda expands more in future there will be a need for forum admins and/or head admins with forum powers rather than every full admin.

I just found out 26 people have forum admin abilities out of a forum of 43, which is ok, but if panda expands more in future there will be a need for forum admins and/or head admins with forum powers rather than every full admin.
full admins can moderate the forums quite well, no reason for adjusting that.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread