Answered Contract glitch is/still banned? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meebas

I've been having fun playing some jailbreak recently. Every now and then I like to run a taunt like Zoomin' Broom or Dueling Banjo while doing the contract glitch. Some have told me that I'm not allowed to do it because it masks animations that I could be doing, which makes it easier to rebel. However I don't see the potential to use it for anything beyond masking taunt animations since Valve mostly fixed this bug in the July 12, 2023 update. This update made it no longer possible to contract glitch outside of taunt animations. I would like some clarification as to whether this still falls under "exploiting" or not. If used to actually mask some other(?) animations I can then see how it is punishable, and someone could rightfully report for that. I would like to see it not generally restricted since I have fun doing it just for small laughs every now and then.

Addendum: An "exploit" typically describes an unintended feature that provides a player with an unfair advantage which is annoying or impossible to deal with. Although contract glitching would be considered unintentional, it's almost entirely disadvantageous since it's disproportionately time-consuming to execute in comparison to any measurable advantage it provides. A similar case could be said for a-posing which masks your crouching or running animation. Unlike contract glitching, players will almost unanimously agree that this is not considered exploiting.

Reactions: Furby
Even though the patch has decreased the advantage it gives players it still gives an advantage no matter how small thus it is discouraged and could result in a ban if abused. It would be under exploiting.

Reactions: LilSpaceMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread