Conge's ban appeal. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conge

SourceBans Ban URL:
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=rumor+:))&Submit=Search

Name of your Banned Steam Account: Rumor : ))
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:53933908
Date and Time of the Ban: 09-09-15 16:23
Reason about the Ban: "Constantly complaining about admin work"
Admin that Banned you: Le Captain Pootis
Ban Length:
2 Months
Hello!
So, I've been banned because the admin thought I was complaining about their work, which I wasn't doing, really. I was simply pointing out things I saw people doing.
You can go ahead and check my chat-log, feel free to make an inquiry about anything I have said, and I'll gladly answer you. Adding to that
Nevertheless, I have not seen any rules against complaints; the ban was not justified by the right reason.
According to evo's thread, it states that I have the right to argue my point of view with everyone else. I hope everyone else's point of view is not biased just to achieve a personal goal.
e) Listen to the admins
Always listen to the admins. In the end, they decide. If you feel like they are wrong about something, argue with them about it in a civilised way. If you cannot come to an agreement you may argue your case on the forum and see what others think. Generally obstructing administrative communication is forbidden.

Admins should be able to handle trolls or w/e but this guy appeared to take "constructive" criticism the wrong way completely.

TL;DR: I did not complain about anything
Thanks.:wise:

• Funny
Reactions: Madact and IceStick
It's funny how this "IceStick" Only got 4 hours of ban for the same reason

Reactions: Conge
Hello!
So, I've been banned because the admin thought I was complaining about their work, which I wasn't doing, really. I was simply pointing out things I saw people doing.
You can go ahead and check my chat-log, feel free to make an inquiry about anything I have said, and I'll gladly answer you. Adding to that
Nevertheless, I have not seen any rules against complaints; the ban was not justified by the right reason.
According to evo's thread, it states that I have the right to argue my point of view with everyone else. I hope everyone else's point of view is not biased just to achieve a personal goal.
Hi!
You can go ahead and check my chat-log here, feel free to make an inquiry about anything I have said, and I'll gladly answer you.
Nevertheless, I have not seen any rules against complaints; the ban was not justified by the right reason. But, what do I know? I'm the end-user.
According to this thread, it states that I have the right to argue my point of view with everyone else. I hope everyone else's point of view is not biased just to achieve a personal goal.

On topic: You propably got a 2 months ban because your last one was one month. Nevertheless I feel like it's a little to much, let's wait for @Le Captain Pootis

It's funny how this "IceStick" Only got 4 hours of ban for the same reason
This "IceStick" only got 4 hours because it's his first ban, ever. Despite all the controversy circling around my actions and how some people despise me for simply existing.

From what I see you were being a prick, though. Like those copies of what Pootis says, what are you trying to achieve with that? Seems like mocking to me. And then the constant "LMAO". You have the right to be annoyed if an admin is not doing his job properly and point out that people are stealing but come on, grow up. And when he asks you to help him out you say "it's your job :)". Well clearly you're so much better at it than he is so why don't you give him some names? It may not be your job but it's in your best interest to help out.

Did it deserve two months? Definitely not. Did it deserve something? Probably, as you were being disrespectful.

On another note: although it is not an explicit rule, destroying the rocket on purpose was something I would warn and punish for upon continuation. I find it griefing, because all you're doing is blocking the game. I would not do the same for nukes because I can understand why people destroy those. But destroying the rocket is dumb and doing it on purpose was forbidden in my eyes.

This "IceStick" only got 4 hours because it's his first ban, ever. Despite all the controversy circling around my actions and how some people despise me for simply existing.
so what? is his second ban but of course doesn't deserve 2 months of ban lol

On topic: You propably got a 2 months ban because your last one was one month. Nevertheless I feel like it's a little to much, let's wait for @Le Captain Pootis
My last and first ban*

at first he banned me for 240 minutes (4 hours) then he extended it.

Reactions: IceStick
Yes, that's very nice and all. It still doesn't make sense why you would say "it's your job" like that when you could also give him the names and be done with it.

Yes, that's very nice and all. It still doesn't make sense why you would say "it's your job" like that when you could also give him the names and be done with it.
He said, and I quote, "My bad I'm trying to do my job." I quoted him indirectly.
I'm not required to do his job, I don't do backseat moderating.
Giving names doesn't help at all, admins can't rely on player's words, but I did help him, I said "captainspirit stole" yet nothing happened. I got his little hint and "helped" him by giving him a name, not that it's going to change his action

Reactions: IceStick
Alright, I should've probably been considering the two month thing, but I thought that since 1 month wasn't enough to teach you to stop mocking us, and constantly correcting me, and saying ''Nice, this admin is not punishing this stealer. I won't tell you who, though, since it's your job to find out.'' Alright, so I didn't apply to be an admin on Dodgeball, I'm basically only there because I enjoy it, and my main purpose wasn't to be there, constantly banning players, but yes it is my job. And if you didn't notice, while you were bitching about me, not doing my job correctly, I was in spectator, looking at all the players, basically.
However you do not seem to realize how hard it is, to spot all stealers. Yes, other admins might be better, but I am not. I had been slaying multiple people by the time you were whining, but that didn't seem to be enough.

And Zou, since you do not have anything constructive to say, I'll ask you kindly to leave this thread, because as I stated above, 2 months was probably a little too long. Maybe a month and a week would've done it. And I didn't realize, before I checked SourceBan, how long time Clic Clic or whoever it was, had punished you before, that he gave you a month, and that's why I only gave IceStick 4 hours. That should probably've been extended, since all I see if IceStick whining about us too.
Literally, the first thing that were said to me when I joined was ''Oh, admins still exist?'' *me gagging two for spamming* ''Oh, they also do their job now?'' I am basically sick and tired of you, both IceStick and you, whining about me not being 100% professional like others may be like.

And the reason why your ban was extended because I saw after I banned you, that you had already been banned for it once before, for the exact same reason. Acting like a goddamn smartass, constantly acting cocky and better knowing. And IceStick, I do not despice you for existing. I have nothing against you, when you're not shooting the rocket down in the ground, making it explode with 6 rockets, and when you're not complaining about me not doing my job properly, and asking if people are autistic. Other then that, I do not.

And what Evo said: ''although it is not an explicit rule, destroying the rocket on purpose was something I would warn and punish for upon continuation. I find it griefing, because all you're doing is blocking the game. I would not do the same for nukes because I can understand why people destroy those. But destroying the rocket is dumb and doing it on purpose was forbidden in my eyes.'' As I was in spectator, I witnessed you doing this over and over again. You both continuesly shot the rocket downwards, with the clear purpose of destroying it before reaching the other player. It's annoying and it's a waste of time.

''because the admin thought I was complaining about their work, which I wasn't doing, really. I was simply pointing out things I saw people doing.'' ''simply pointing out''. Quote:
9 Sep 2015 16:19:18 it's not forbidden
9 Sep 2015 16:19:11 but guess what
9 Sep 2015 16:23:30 LMAO
9 Sep 2015 16:22:57 this is just amusing
9 Sep 2015 16:22:38 in front of you
9 Sep 2015 16:22:35 lmao
9 Sep 2015 16:22:32 captainspirit stole

And when I asked you ''Do you mind stop doing that?'' with the rocket. You were clearly taunting me, and using the fact that it's not a rule, that you cannot waste time by purposely destroying the rocket.
9 Sep 2015 16:18:44 I'm asking why
9 Sep 2015 16:18:32 but why?
9 Sep 2015 16:18:31 yes
9 Sep 2015 16:17:38 :)
9 Sep 2015 16:17:37 and it's not against the rules
9 Sep 2015 16:17:30 it's a playstyle.
9 Sep 2015 16:17:11 why
9 Sep 2015 16:10:47 stealing and the admin does nothing
9 Sep 2015 16:04:55 lenny spam
9 Sep 2015 16:04:54 here we go

Just pointing out 4+ things in less than 30 minutes. ''Just pointing out''.
And by the way, by asking his name and if you gave it to me, I wasn't going to ban him, or even slay him. I would start spectating the player, since you clearly thought I was going to ban him.

Last edited:
It doesn't make sense to ban someone for a communications violation (which I can't really see here), I think either his ban should be reduced or exchanged for a comm block or even be completely removed.

• Dislike
Reactions: Conge and Hellboy
How come his last ban by Clic Clic were left untouched? And how come you all can just make decisions on my behalf, just because you do not agree with me?

• Agree
Reactions: Zeprus
How come his last ban by Clic Clic were left untouched? And how come you all can just make decisions on my behalf, just because you do not agree with me?

Did he broke rules (expect his behaviour on text/voicechat), like stealing or blocking? No, in that case silence is better decission than ban. We cant ban people , if they are hating community or blaming admins doing "bad job". If we really are going to ban all haters, that shows that we dont have balls to deal haters. People can share their opinion, no matter if opinion is negative and sounds rude. I dont know why Clic wanted to ban him, since conge was only "arguing" on text/voicechat.

Also 1 month ban from that behavious is just ridiculous

Did he broke rules (expect his behaviour on text/voicechat), like stealing or blocking? No, in that case silence is better decission than ban. We cant ban people , if they are hating community or blaming admins doing "bad job". If we really are going to ban all haters, that shows that we dont have balls to deal haters. People can share their opinion, no matter if opinion is negative and sounds rude. I dont know why Clic wanted to ban him, since conge was only "arguing" on text/voicechat.

Also 1 month ban from that behavious is just ridiculous
There's a difference between a hater, and someone who's obviously here to annoy people on purpose, acting like a smartass. So if I wanna tell my honest opinion on everyone, I would probably get banned, but that wouldn't happen because I'm just a hater and you have to deal with it.
Adding to the fact he has already been banned for an entire month for this, and you unban him? That means he clearly does not give a single fuck about his punishment, and needs to be punished harder, not lighter.

• Disagree
Reactions: Wolf
There's a difference between a hater, and someone who's obviously here to annoy people on purpose, acting like a smartass. So if I wanna tell my honest opinion on everyone, I would probably get banned, but that wouldn't happen because I'm just a hater and you have to deal with it.
Aye but I don't think bans should be substituted for comm blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread