Concerning DR_DUNGEON_BETA and(or) DR_CASTLE_STEVEH_2 discussion about removal (1 Viewer)

Which maps should be removed from the DR map list? (You can vote for both)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not player pushing, it's a setting that the map owner did pretty sure. The only way to fix it is to try to mess with the codes on it or add a message when players reach that part that says something informative like "hi" or "hi take it easy, only one at a time here".

Greetings!

I am the author of dr_castle_steveh.

The map has been at version 2c for some time, now. One of the changes I made was to put massive clip brushes above all of Death's walls. One server operator was using a plugin that made engineers teleport forwards a few spaces when they attempted to build a sentry, so they were able to bypass the trigger_hurt brushes on top of the wall and go straight to the end of the map.

I'm not sure what kind of bunny hopping thing is going on, on your servers, but from what I've read here it sounds a bit more powerful than other bunny hopping modifications I've encountered. If you update the map to version 2c, then you won't have any problems with players skipping the whole map anymore. And you'll benefit from all the cool additions I've made since version 2, like some new minigames. http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/180295

You could put a config file for the map on your game server that either modifies, or disables the bunny hopping for this map. Given that bunny hopping plugins are incorporated to provide players with variety, adjusting settings on a per-map basis to make the map a bit more challenging would be in line with that goal.

With regards to dr_dungeon_beta - BONNOR seems to have used decompilation protection in his Deathrun maps, so I can't find out what's causing the problem. But I can tell you that on the server I frequent, we don't have that problem, and we even have player pushing disabled. I think there is a trigger_push in that tunnel to help the boulder, but it might be affecting your clients somehow. The Game Banana page for the map is here: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/182471. I know he would value your feedback.

Thanks for hosting my map. If you need any help, please contact me.
We can still skip the whole map by going from the start to the first teleporter.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas
Yeah, I can atest to that.

i7xHoYz.jpg

With the new and improved map I have made based on Treats.

Red is the bit skipped, ignore treats drawing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: TreatFly
I'd like to thank @worMatty for at least making us aware of the update and a maybe fix for dugoen :)

But I would like Kevin to draw his attention to this;
Greetings!
I'm not sure what kind of bunny hopping thing is going on, on your servers, but from what I've read here it sounds a bit more powerful than other bunny hopping modifications I've encountered.

@Madact @TreatFly @mermite @Lukas @EvoWarrior5
We all have tested the map at midnight. It is now no longer possible to bhop directly to the end. But we still have the bhop issue, it's possible to now only skip half of the traps at first and then the rest along the floor of the second part of the map. For now it's a whole lot easier to manage stuff, thank goodness. But please don't think this is now fixed bae kevin...It's not. What's interested is worMatty mentioned though. Tbh what's weird is we tried on dr2 first and bhop didn't let us jump along the floor...But then we went to dr1 and did trap skipping bhop heaven! I need to show you :c

• Agree
I'd like to thank @worMatty for at least making us aware of the update and a maybe fix for dugoen :)

But I would like Kevin to draw his attention to this;

@Madact @TreatFly @mermite @Lukas @EvoWarrior5
We all have tested the map at midnight. It is now no longer possible to bhop directly to the end. But we still have the bhop issue, it's possible to now only skip half of the traps at first and then the rest along the floor of the second part of the map. For now it's a whole lot easier to manage stuff, thank goodness. But please don't think this is now fixed bae kevin...It's not. What's interested is worMatty mentioned though. Tbh what's weird is we tried on dr2 first and bhop didn't let us jump along the floor...But then we went to dr1 and did trap skipping bhop heaven! I need to show you :c
still a map issue then if people dont die when they are running on the ground

still a map issue then if people dont die when they are running on the ground
Yes. It's still a problem, but the update has helped at least with the straight to end thing. It also has new minigames and an afk killer :D So at least a thanks for updating it kevin :p

Reactions: Kevin
If players are able to run below the platforms in the inner bit, on the ground at the bottom of the map, I'd say you have a problem. There are trigger_hurt brushes there, that normally kill players instantly. If you want to see what kind of area they cover, you can run the map locally or on a server, enable cheats, and use the console command showtriggers_toggle.

Thanks for the picture, Lukas. If players have the ability to jump that far on your server, maybe it's best to remove the map. Even if you prevented them from jumping around the back of the map, there would be nothing to stop them from bypassing most of the traps simply by jumping over or around them. Since this is an outdoor map, there is a lot of space. Ironically, it suits your bunny hopping settings perfectly, but by taking advantage of them, your players aren't really playing the map.

Perhaps we have collectively stumbled upon a new hybrid of Deathrun and Jump maps! That would indeed be something to set you apart.

If players are able to run below the platforms in the inner bit, on the ground at the bottom of the map, I'd say you have a problem. There are trigger_hurt brushes there, that normally kill players instantly. If you want to see what kind of area they cover, you can run the map locally or on a server, enable cheats, and use the console command showtriggers_toggle.

Thanks for the picture, Lukas. If players have the ability to jump that far on your server, maybe it's best to remove the map. Even if you prevented them from jumping around the back of the map, there would be nothing to stop them from bypassing most of the traps simply by jumping over or around them. Since this is an outdoor map, there is a lot of space. Ironically, it suits your bunny hopping settings perfectly, but by taking advantage of them, your players aren't really playing the map.

Perhaps we have collectively stumbled upon a new hybrid of Deathrun and Jump maps! That would indeed be something to set you apart.
seems like your trigger_hurts dont work then since we just experience this kind of issues on your map

*BUMP*

Why is not Castle_Steveh removed already? It is very obvious that you can still bunnyhop to skip half of the map.

• Agree
*BUMP*

Why is not Castle_Steveh removed already? It is very obvious that you can still bunnyhop to skip half of the map.
it is obvious, question would be either if it wouldnt be better to remove bhop like on the #2 DR server?
on dr2 its already removed since some weeks

it is obvious, question would be either if it wouldnt be better to remove bhop like on the #2 DR server?
on dr2 its already removed since some weeks
Yeah that would probably be even better.

Yeah that would probably be even better.
lets make later a quick discussion with the deathrun trial and full admins if i either tune it so that the bhop works without that gigantic bounce or completely remove it, i think thats the best solution

Should we talk about it in a new thread. Feel free one of the deathrun lot to make a thread under the trial section, if not I'll make it sometime in the afternoon and we'll discuss it with the rest of the admin group. I know certain admins who are not listed under deathrun do play on the deathrun servers now and then so I'm sure they'll want a say. But mainly it'll be between the deathrun lot. I feel that this finally needs to be addressed with a certain answer.

I'll chime in my thoughts on bhop tomorrow afternoon as well, forgot about this thread so thanks for the bump @Redspike

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin
Should we talk about it in a new thread. Feel free one of the deathrun lot to make a thread under the trial section, if not I'll make it sometime in the afternoon and we'll discuss it with the rest of the admin group. I know certain admins who are not listed under deathrun do play on the deathrun servers now and then so I'm sure they'll want a say. But mainly it'll be between the deathrun lot. I feel that this finally needs to be addressed with a certain answer.
a group chat (PM) in the forums should be fine since we can invite all dr admins and trials and nothing there gets lost :p

• Informative
Reactions: Joe and Madact
might've be fixed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread