Computer freezing thingy mcjiggy... (1 Viewer)

TEXASSTYLE

Been having this problem for half a year now.
I know it's something with the graphics card as I'm sometimes getting reports of it "Stopped responding"

What happens is that sometimes when I play tf2 (or any source game at all. Notice I wrote SOURCE games.) and the game suddenly gets a humungous lagspike and then goes back to Almost being normal. Except I can only see my desktop. I can hear stuff. I can shoot. I can die.
The thing is that it only happens with source games. (tf2, cs go. etc.)

I'm running an old but still powerful enough graphics card carrying the name of "Gt 8800"

And yes. I've already updated programs related to the graphics card, messed with tf2. removed mods on tf2 and so on. No change. (I've also reinstalled my computer)

Guess if noone can figure out the problem then I'll see if a handy dandy blowtorch can fix it.

And yeah, a detail I forgot. If anyone run a nvidia graphics card (especially if its the GT series) could you guys write if you have somekind of similar problem? having a suspicion the answer might have something with that to do.

Last edited:
I guess the only way is to buy a new graphics card.

That just the graphics card getting old sadly only way to fix it is to buy and replace the graphics card a guy name IxDo had it and replaced him graphics card and it got fixed
The graphics card you have I've seen have issues with games so its your graphics card.

Users who are viewing this thread