Invalid Complicated Stuff I think (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Dodgers (Matt)

Just some context:
My friend ()W()eeb ( https://steamcommunity.com/id/Leo_God ) told me that he believed that _Greens account got scammed and lost all access to it (_Green is a frequent JB player who was just getting into trading I believe)
The account now (info will be provided below) has kind of just been made into a scammer throw-away.
The account has 1 "fake comment" (The comment is forged to make this account look like legit trader) and the comment section is locked, which is typical of scammers and Green did not have any of this on his account before
The person in the account has another comment that simply says that they are selling stuff on trade.tf and gives a link which I didn't even bother opening (oh by the way, they immediately changed the account name to Green_Trade.TF )
"Green" attempted to do a classic scam that is well known - "I accidentally reported you, give this totally legit steam admin all of your account info and it'll be fine" on Weeb
He told me about it and here we are

The only reason I'm choosing to make this is because right now the account is basically a lost cause. It shouldn't have access to Panda Trade servers (or any other trading servers) to minimize the chances of ending up exactly like this. Some sort of restriction should be put at least until _Green can prove he has the account back

Steam Name: _Green
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:490573309

Server: Panda Trade US
Links:
HLSTATS
SourceBans
Current Steam Profile
Rules Broken: Attempted a Scam on another player

EVIDENCE:

Fake Steam Admin Profile - Probably would avoid clicking on any links on the profile lol

Screenshots Courtesy of ()W()eeb

Full Steam Dm
"Fake" Comments
Zoomed in Steam chat
The sent "Fake Admin" profile screenshot

I'm interested to see where this report goes, thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks for this, that's really helpful. Now when Green makes a new account, if it gets auto-banned by the console, they can be instantly unbanned as the admins will know what's up. If Green happens to add you on a new account, make sure they're aware that this is likely to happen.

Just an update

The scammer has changed the account name into just a bunch of random numbers as well as made the account completely private and changed the profile picture to the steam default

I checked hlstats and the steam ID to confirm if this indeed was the same account that Green used and it is (his HLstats profile hasn’t been updated to these changes)

So yea it’s kind of safe to say that the account is just completely out of Greens hands and into a scammers, but as Evo said, when Green makes an alt and gets auto banned by console, he can make a simple appeal explaining what happened and showing his connection to this account.

So that’s it for right now.

• Informative
Reactions: Kazzy and TRGGB2
Another Update with Good News

It appears Green got his account back
I’ll be back later today just to confirm this.
and then the report can disappear.
Just checking over because idk you never know with scammers

Actually if anyone has him added just steam msg him and tell him to reply here. I added him but idk how long it’ll be before he adds back. If it’s all good then report go bye bye.

• Dumb
Reactions: Solo

Alright everything appears to be fine
Idk how to close threads if you can but yea lol

• Dumb
Reactions: Solo
Just read through the links. All id like to say is that those comments are real. So that was untouched

One more thing, that is a real admin, they impersonate him on discors

Since Green has access to his account again I'll wrap this up.
Sadly, the URL you provided to the fake steam admin profile is the actual jmccaskey and not a fake profile.
As there's no point in taking action against Greens account anymore there's nothing left to do on the report. If you can acquire the link to the actual fake profile feel free to dm me on the forums or on Discord. You can also create a steamrep report against that fake account if it's not flagged yet.

Thank you for letting us know about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread