communication restriction while AFK. (1 Viewer)

is using any communication during AFK freeze is AFK ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OxyGenE

so after a very long discussion with OP. we came to see there was a problem when the warden orders to afk freeze. here is the story: a player got killed for using his mic when he was supposed to be AFK. OP was told that it wasn't allowed and i think it was. so since hours of pointless conversation only the two of us would lead nowhere. what do you think ?

Ofcourse I know that afk-freeze means not touching your keyboard at all, but I got told that restricting voice communication isn't allowed.

Edit: Also some people their mics are getting automaticly activated when they talk.

Ofcourse I know that afk-freeze means not touching your keyboard at all, but I got told that restricting voice communication isn't allowed.

Edit: Also some people their mics are getting automaticly activated when they talk.
well they should desactivate it because we have no way to find this out.

Because restricting and stopping a means of communicating is totally fun. If this is allowed. A warden should also be allowed to just say. "All reds dont use chat nor Mic".

IMO communication of any kind (except for voice commands) shouldn't be influenced by orders wich aren't specifically about them.

If a warden even dares to say that to me I will just slap the literall shit out of his ass. The importance of using voice communication while administrating is extremely important in jailbreak. Limiting this feels like locking a player up in a box with no escape, in complete darkness while being handcuffed.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
I find when they say afk freeze you can still at least type in chat. With the microphone, maybe not. Though, I usually will break that one and get killed for it ;)

I'd find it a little strict getting killed over typing something into chat when I'm suppose to be AFK. Kinda will spoil the fun. But that's personal preference.

It's like this whole carpet yellow line business and stuff, people getting too specific. Ends up being silly. Again, personal preference!

yes and anyways this case is exeptional. but i think a warden or a guard shouldn't be blamed for killing someone who is using communicatons when supposed to be afk.

If a warden even dares to say that to me I will just slap the literall shit out of his ass. The importance of using voice communication while administrating is extremely important in jailbrea
of course it is and if it is for administrating you won't be killed.

I have to say that using mic should be an exception due to the fact that a) people cannot type that fast and b) what if someone is shit at spelling therefore I feel that using mic should be allowed even whilst AFK frozen

I haven't played on JB in a long time but from past experience I usually dish out the order no red's on mic as well as afk freeze, that way there's a legit reason to kill them if they talk. Typing in chat is fine but tbh afk freeze on it's own shouldn't really mean no using mic cause some don't have their mic button on their keyboard like me (I have MOUSE5 binded) Therefore rendering that kill a freekill. Just my suggestion.

Honestly I think the real question is: Can you restrict a mic? If so, this thread can be removed.

i think there is enough reply and votes. a majority of admins/users voted that in afk freeze comms are allowed. so now comms during afk freeze isn't a valid reason to kill a prisoner anymore.
thanks for your time and replies.

So Oxy are you saying that now if a RED uses mic to speak it is allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread