Declined Clea's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleasaurus

Nickname/Name: ➢Cʟᴇᴀsᴀᴜʀᴜs; Clea irl.

Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:0:85479576

Online times/timezone: I am usually on 1-3 hours after 16:00 EST on weekdays and varying 4-8 hours per weekend day.

Microphone: I do have a microphone and I use it often to explain rules and/or exclaim "Do not steal/block." I can, of course, use it for other purposes.

Experience with mod/admin: I do not have experience in this field.

Panda Community servers I enjoy: I 99.9% of the time play on Panda Dodgeball servers.

Experience with SourceMod: I do not have experience; however, I know a few admins such as Nexie and an admin from another server, LoLPaPer, who can guide me with SourceMod.

Why you should choose me: I adore the Panda Community and its servers. I've been playing on the dodgeball servers for a few months now and know many players. However, I always see at least one stealer or blocker every time I join a game. Rules are established for a reason and I believe I am able to enforce them. I already exclaim, "Do not steal/block," every time I see that offense. Yet, there are no admins. Even when I "call!," no admins join. I want to make the Panda Community brighter and more peaceful by being an administrator.

What I will do as an admin: **If mic spam/chat spam/insults/racism, I will tell the offender to stop and warn *him that he will be muted/gagged. If he makes another offense, I will mute/gag him for ten minutes. If actions continue, I will add ** 10 minutes. And lastly, if another offense, I will kick and if he returns and continues, I will ban for 30 minutes and add 10 minutes after each offense.
>EDIT<-For steal/block, I will warn him to stop first. If he continues, I will slay. ** Another offense: slay again. Continue: kick. If he returns and continues, I will give him a 30 minute ban and add 10 minutes after each offense.
>EDIT due to grammatical/bonehead errors< -For hackers: permanent ban.

*I use he/him as a substitute for he/she or him/her
**Edit due to agreement of corrections.

Last edited:
Crude insults a instant ban?
Hackers are a instant ban.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas
Crude insults a instant ban?
Hackers are a instant ban.
I apologize. When I *said "crude," I meant "horrible/appalling/cruel" which includes racism.

*edit since I can't type, at the moment

Last edited:
Well, Seems like a well written app, I have not seen you before, but it would be nice to get to know you! if you have a mic...please, come one mumble we need more people to join who we can actually converse with! We're getting tired of Joe ;)
But as for the app, Im not really a dodgeball guy but to see you on other servers and play with you maybe I could possibly give this a +1 if I got to know you...not that this matters as I dont admin on Dodgeball XD But the thought is all the same.

Joe, I don't think it's ideal that you comment on applications like this. Hackers aren't entirely instant bans. You first have to record a demo to make sure you have evidence first. Just thought I should point this out, because permanent bans are pretty solid and if the person reports in for an unban we're prepared.

Overall it's a good app, your chat logs have a nice lovely bind warnings all ready. A bit concerned about the spam on the face and your activity on the servers has a space of 3-5 days. Understandable of course, real life comes first.
But what kind of stood out for me is you mentioned that DB community that is currently growing, telling someone to go to their page. Is this an advertisement? Would be nice to get a bit of clarity on that part. I'm mainly curious, a new community has a sense of excitement to them :p
Here's what I mean if you're a little confused;

31 Dec 2014 23:43:34 TLSD Server Community*
31 Dec 2014 23:43:17 TLSd Community
31 Dec 2014 23:43:07 go to the page

Since I haven't played with you because DB isn't a place I visit I cannot give you a vote, but all the best of luck :)

Last edited:
Joe, I don't think it's ideal that you comment on applications like this. Hackers aren't entirely instant bans. You first have to record a demo to make sure you have evidence first. Just thought I should point this out, because permanent bans are pretty solid and if the person reports in for an unban we're prepared.

Overall it's a good app, your chat logs have a nice lovely bind warnings all ready. A bit concerned about the spam on the face and your activity on the servers has a space of 3-5 days. Understandable of course, real life comes first.
But what kind of stood out for me is you mentioned that DB community that is currently growing, telling someone to go to their page. Is this an advertisement? Would be nice to get a bit of clarity on that part. I'm mainly curious, a new community has a sense of excitement to them :p
Here's what I mean if you're a little confused;

31 Dec 2014 23:43:34 TLSD Server Community*
31 Dec 2014 23:43:17 TLSd Community
31 Dec 2014 23:43:07 go to the page

Since I haven't played with you because DB isn't a place I visit I cannot give you a vote, but all the best of luck :)

Madact,

Thank you very much for your consideration. I believe the log you provided was from when a friend of mine wanted to join the TLSD clan. I was telling him where the link to the member application was placed. I have another friend who is part of the TLSD Community, but this was not an advertisement. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you,
Cleasaurus.

Reactions: Madact
more pls

TLSD COMMUNITY

Madact,

Thank you very much for your consideration. I believe the log you provided was from when a friend of mine wanted to join the TLSD clan. I was telling him where the link to the member application was placed. I have another friend who is part of the TLSD Community, but this was not an advertisement. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you,
Cleasaurus.
No Recognition for broski ;-;

• Friendly
Reactions: Vecomti
Well, Seems like a well written app, I have not seen you before, but it would be nice to get to know you! if you have a mic...please, come one mumble we need more people to join who we can actually converse with! We're getting tired of Joe ;)
But as for the app, Im not really a dodgeball guy but to see you on other servers and play with you maybe I could possibly give this a +1 if I got to know you...not that this matters as I dont admin on Dodgeball XD But the thought is all the same.

Broski,

Thank you for the compliment! It honestly means a lot to me. I'd love to join the mumble servers. I'll check them out this weekend:)

Thanks again,
Cleasaurus.

Reactions: Broski
I do know Clea, and can testify she does know the rules and blah blah blah.

+1
Noodl,

Thank you very much for the +1. It really means a lot to me.

Thanks again,
Cleasaurus.

more pls

TLSD COMMUNITY

Kevin,

I apologize for not understanding, but what do you mean by "more"? Do you want me to go into detail of why I want to become an admin, what I'd do as an admin, or something else?

Thank you,
Cleasaurus.

Kevin,

I apologize for not understanding, but what do you mean by "more"? Do you want me to go into detail of why I want to become an admin, what I'd do as an admin, or something else?

Thank you,
Cleasaurus.
nvm

Reactions: mermite
I know Clea from on the tlsd servers played with her quite alot, she is a very nice girl and on the panda servers she follows the rules and inform people if they are breaking the rules. Nothing more I can say really :D
+1 on my part! :3

• Friendly
Reactions: Cleasaurus
Chat log:
Bad side:
15 Jan 2015 01:25:51 stop sucking
Good side:
15 Jan 2015 02:31:44 Do not steal.
15 Jan 2015 02:23:52 Do not steal.
15 Jan 2015 01:55:13 Do not steal.
15 Jan 2015 01:28:31 Do not steal.
11 Jan 2015 07:15:49 Do not steal.
11 Jan 2015 05:45:14 Do not steal.
11 Jan 2015 05:44:47 Do not steal.
(And some more)
I know Clea for a long time, shes respecting rules and helping(up).
Its +1 for me.

I've played with Clea a few times and she knows the rules well and reports when there's a stealer but we don't see it.
I've never seen her be mean to anybody.

However, I do think you need to tweak your rules a bit:
Stealers should get an instant slay, followed by another slay, then kick and ban. Whether you want to handle it differently that's up to you but I think it'll be a good idea to slay them first nonetheless.

Secondly, people who insult shouldn't be banned. If it's that bad that a warning should not be given you should mute/gag them for maybe 60 minutes or more depending on how bad the insult was.

Also, could you expand on maybe the length of the bans for each case? Bans are issued in time, you can't ban someone for permanent incase there's a good reason (hacking, banned for the same reason multiple times etc)

Other than that, the app looks good and I think you'd make a good admin; Goodluck! +1

I've played with Clea a few times and she knows the rules well and reports when there's a stealer but we don't see it.
I've never seen her be mean to anybody.

However, I do think you need to tweak your rules a bit:
Stealers should get an instant slay, followed by another slay, then kick and ban. Whether you want to handle it differently that's up to you but I think it'll be a good idea to slay them first nonetheless.

Secondly, people who insult shouldn't be banned. If it's that bad that a warning should not be given you should mute/gag them for maybe 60 minutes or more depending on how bad the insult was.

Also, could you expand on maybe the length of the bans for each case? Bans are issued in time, you can't ban someone for permanent incase there's a good reason (hacking, banned for the same reason multiple times etc)

Other than that, the app looks good and I think you'd make a good admin; Goodluck! +1

Supreme,

I agree on the mute/gag. I was thinking of insults more on the lines of racism, which I do take very seriously.

For the ban cases: if someone were to hack, I would ban him for a week, and if he came back and continued, I do believe a permanent ban would be acceptable.
-For racism: I'd surely kick and if continued, ban for maybe three or four days. If continued, ban for a month.
-Repeating offenders of steal, block, and mic/chat spam would be banned for two weeks after being warned, slayed/muted/gagged, kicked, and banned for thirty minutes.

If there are any other cases I did not mention that you would like more information on, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Thank you,
Cleasaurus.

For the ban cases: if someone were to hack, I would ban him for a week, and if he came back and continued, I do believe a permanent ban would be acceptable.
Cheating is punished with an instant perm.

-For racism: I'd surely kick and if continued, ban for maybe three or four days. If continued, ban for a month.
Why would you not treat it the same way as normal insulting? Just gag the player and be done with it.

-Repeating offenders of steal, block, and mic/chat spam would be banned for two weeks after being warned, slayed/muted/gagged, kicked, and banned for thirty minutes.

A jump from half an hour ban to two weeks is very very large. To a day, to two/three days, to four/five days, to a week or two, to perm. <-- would be a conventional, middle-of-the-road way to stack punishments.

Solid already said the rest.

After talking with Clea and getting to know her I can see a lot of potential! Really polite, well spoken, sense of humour and the list goes on, I happily +1 This app, with a little guiding I think she'd make a great admin!

• Friendly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread