Claymore's Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claymore

SourceBans Ban URL: STEAM_0:1:77680951
Name : Claymore (custom url: theclaymore)
Steam ID : U:1:155361903
Date and time: 02-10-15 13:18
Reason : "Threatening an attack against a former admin using alleged "information" he had collected about him. Came to the forums with it, bragged in the shoutbox about some evil masterplan that would be executed on community grounds, then said, quote on quote 'Panda is safe for now' as if he had any say in attacking our servers or not. I propose this ban until further investigation of the intentions of this shady character as bullying of a former staff member should not be tolerated on our services. A permanent forum ban has been issued aswell."

Admin that banned me : inu_

Why i got banned aside from reason : While the reason of the ban gives it quite clearly im going to give a link to the chatlog with evo, that i have explained every single thing that happened for a year of me playing on panda.
http://pastebin.com/tL2tLmdh
Why i deserve to get unbanned : I think that the whole thing of the ban addressed only to the swearing and raging part, which was mostly chat wise. I haven't done any physical damage to anyone and the "dr. evil masterplan" was i think clearly a joke. I can't decide what could i get instead of a ban, im no admin, but i can suggest that a perm gag would be more reasonable. I haven't griefed, hacked, ddosed, or done anything to server itself, i've been just playing, So aside from harassing an ex-member of staff. I could get unbanned also because i "was" well known regular, and lotsa people on the server liked me and i gained a lot of friends on the server. Some friends miss me on there, and because there aren't many 24/7 hightower servers, they want me back. I was one of the most characteristic players of Hightowers, and i even featured the server in one of the videos " How to change my mind ". The whole action is done on Hightower #06 or #10, can't remember. I have also recruited a little bit of portion of friends to the server, and they loved tdm hightower. I'm really sorry, i have brought disgrace to the community and im especially sorry for Solid, that he had to listen to me. I am not going to repeat such a stupid mistake on the servers ever.

To clarify even more things "all the information i collected about Solid" was a lie to scare him.

Last edited:
I would have no problem with it being changed to a permanent silence, if anything.

• Winner
Reactions: Madact
The ban appeal of the best demoknight and the best shitstorm starter I've ever seen...I might sound biased in this post, but I'd vote for him to be unbanned and have the freedom of using chat and voice comm, but at the condition of his chat being moderated heavily for a week or two and if he insults someone or rages in chat, he'd be perma-gagged with a 1 week temporary ban. I'm only saying that because it was supposed to be a permaban and the person who unbanned you felt generous enough to do such, thus enforcing such conditions upon you would perhaps make you hold back your insults and rage to the point where'd a significant change in your attitude would happen.

TL;DR
1-2 weeks of chat being moderated
1 week ban and permagag if he screws up.

since i think you're old enough and you should know what you do i dont see any reason to change it

• Agree
Reactions: Matth
i "was" well known regular, and lotsa people on the server liked me
I got lots of good feedback on the fact I banned you actually. You clearly were not a one-time-slip.

Reactions: Supreme
I got lots of good feedback on the fact I banned you actually. You clearly were not a one-time-slip.

A lot of positive feedback huh? I wonder from who could that be, besides actual haters, that didnt like me for no reason. After my friends from panda started asking why im not playing anymore, you would notice a completely different reaction. Ask regulars on the server for feedback, and see the results.

As another regular, I can confirm what violet said. You go into a blind fury if somebody kills you in a way not described in The Book of Rules as written by Claymore. You spam lennies and take it as a personal attack if somebody does something you don't like. I'm all for never seeing him on the serv again.

Also, what was your excuse for your 'friends' that 'miss you' on hightower? Did you tell them "oh I said some horrible shit about this former admin and got banned lol" or did you make up a lie, trying to turn yourself into the victim?

Everyone should get a second chance, i haven't been temp banned or kicked for my actions, neither did any admin told me about the swearing and insult. What i recieved instead was a permaban

That is true indeed, but why ban already? I understand my actions in past were, erhm, extraordinary, but all the raging fury could be easily blocked by just perm gag. As i've said, i didnt do anything bad for the server except swearing. If i would get unbanned and perma gagged, the only thing i could do i just ragequit and that's it. Neither of my actions behind the monitor would be expressed, because my mic is broken. So if want to be 100% sure that you will never see my lenny face again or rage just gag me and mute. I swear i won't do such a thing ever again, and i hope i can be given a chance for redemption. I know I done wrong and didn't follow rules.

I agree i could behave better and propably never step into this situation, but because i only was gives one chance, i didnt feel consequences of what could happen next. I understand that i behave like a total baddie, and solid wasn't the only person that was a victim of my rage indeed. The only thing i can beg for is another chance so i can fix my reputation, and comeback as a shaolin monk.

Last edited:
Everyone should get a second chance, i haven't been temp banned or kicked for my actions, neither did any admin told me about the swearing and insult. What i recieved instead was a permaban

That is true indeed, but why ban already? I understand my actions in past were, erhm, extraordinary, but all the raging fury could be easily blocked by just perm gag. As i've said, i didnt do anything bad for the server except swearing. If i would get unbanned and perma gagged, the only thing i could do i just ragequit and that's it. Neither of my actions behind the monitor would be expressed, because my mic is broken. So if want to be 100% sure that you will never see my lenny face again or rage just gag me and mute. I swear i won't do such a thing ever again, and i hope i can be given a chance for redemption. I know I done wrong and didn't follow rules clearly enough.

I agree i could behave better and propably never step into this situation, but because i only was gives one chance, i didnt feel consequences of what could happen next. I understand that i behave like a total baddie, and solid wasn't the only person that was a victim of my rage indeed. The only thing i can beg for is another chance so i can fix my reputation, and comeback as a shaolin monk.
You weren't banned for your actions on the servers. You weren't banned for being a complete cunt on the servers.
You were banned because you can't control your anger when you are on the servers, and you take it out on people outside of the servers.
You didn't get angry over tf2 just once. I've been playing on hightower for a few months now, and you've gotten angry over tf2 lots of times. Mainly over solid. Not once you thought "It's just a game, I shouldn't get needlessly upset about it." You kept coming back and getting angrier and angrier.
If you were unbanned, you'd surely be the same. A ban isn't a lifechanging experience. I've been banned many a time over the last 4-6 years, but they don't change me completely. This appeal seems nothing but a desperate attempt to get unbanned so you can go back to your old ways.

Reactions: mermite
No need to be so aggressive over his past actions - the past is there to learn from it. I know what he's like - I've known him for a fairly long time and due to recent events, I realised that he did not know what he lost. He's barely played Team Fortress 2 since he was banned, mainly because there's no other community and specific server that fits what he wants to see and play. If anything, keep him perma-silenced so you NEVER hear anything from him again, but let him play on a server he legitimately wants to play.

He wouldn't be begging here to be unbanned if he did not want to be redeem himself - any other person would have buggered off leaving a "kek" behind and found a new server with a fresh start. Everyone deserves a second chance and Claymore is no exception.

I've been a victim of his rage before and I do not hold any grudges, even if he was a completely and total asshat to me.
Mayhaps a wind of change would change his behaviour and your opinion of him.

Call me biased, call me ignorant, but redemption cannot be denied if the person knows he is at fault. If my proposal goes through, I'll personally moderate his chat and silence him permanently and ban him for the appropriate ban length = ( 2+ weeks) if he screws his chance up.

So far:

3 votes in favour of unban and apply a silence instead.
1 vote against unban (no clear opinion from inu)
and one vote against unban from a non-admin.

One thing I want to know is whether Claymore really wants to be unbanned, if the game does to him what it does.

One thing I want to know is whether Claymore really wants to be unbanned, if the game does to him what it does.
Even though the amount of time he has been playing one of his favourite games has been decreased by a lot since he was banned from his favourite server, he is here begging for forgiveness and is arguing for it?

I agreed to Kevin's post, so that is another vote. I actually wouldn't pardon.

Might I inquire why people feel like he should stay banned, and are against replacing it with a silence? Your argument is that he cannot be forgiven for his rages, and that he should have acted better. This is precisely the argument for silencing him; not banning.

I know that some of the worse insults are banned for, and not silenced. This is why we are here; why he is asking us to replace it with a silence instead. From my knowledge he has never done anything wrong in playing. I have not heard a single account of him griefing, having an inappropriate spray, or anything of the sort.

I had good experiences with Claymore before the incident, and I am by no means justifying or defending what he said. Nevertheless, I fail to see why he should be banned for textual crimes that he will not be able to repeat. I say let the man play without chat if he wants to.

I don't agree with this being vote based at all since nobody but solid and me know the details. I will get together with Evo tomorrow and we will sort this as a high court. People seem to ignore what he actually was banned for and seem to treat this as if it was about his behavior ingame.

• Agree
Reactions: Kevin and Matth
I agree with Evo unban him and permagag him and maybe after a few weeks or a month ungag him and do what Hawwis suggested

I don't agree with this being vote based at all since nobody but solid and me know the details. I will get together with Evo tomorrow and we will sort this as a high court. People seem to ignore what he actually was banned for and seem to treat this as if it was about his behavior ingame.
I agree, although I don't know perfectly all the details.
BUT, only reading the long Reason of the Ban by inu (reading it carefully), I'd say that what he did must be punished with a perma-ban.

I agree, although I don't know perfectly all the details.
BUT, only reading the long Reason of the Ban by inu (reading it carefully), I'd say that what he did must be punished with a perma-ban.
You and me and an agreement? To heaven you shall be sent.

• Winner
Reactions: Redspike
You and me and an agreement? To heaven you shall be sent.
Eheheh. You and I are more similar then you'd imagine :hoof: :brohug:

Sorry for the off-topic reply, guys.

• Friendly
Reactions: inu
Well first of all.
If anybody ever claims that they can hack anyone by their Steam3 or their IP, I will infect them with a lethal dose of HIV for being literally that fucking stupid.

giphy.gif

Secondly and the most on topic part of this; Evo convinced me to permanently silence and unban you so yay for you. I really hope you get your shit sorted so we can consider unsilencing you one day.

I am becoming weak.

Post approved by Evowarrior™™™™™™™™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread