Class limits (1 Viewer)

Do you think we should have a class limit of 4-5?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jokimty

So we all know that scout, engy and spy all have class limits of 3 or 4, which is good. But on some maps (looking at you military area) there is just too many of one class, and there should atleaste be a max of 4 or 5 for every class.
Sometimes on military area you'll sit with a team of 7 soldiers, 5 pyros, 4 scouts and suprisingly few engys or always 3. Or on Granary you'll have a team of 3 engys, (always) 3-6 heavys and 3-6 medics. (Amount of medics will be either the same or higher then heavy count) Badlands is another one of these maps where there will be always 3 engys and always 3-5 medics, or no medics at all. There is never 1 medic. Both Badlands and Granary share the same problems: Great camping spots for engys, small maps, very little metal and no health at all.
Thats all i'm gonna rant about. (Although there are some other stuff i have saved up.)

Edit 1: These examples are things at they'r worse. But the military one stands true. And at the start of some rounds (granary) there woun't be 3 heavys, but just wait 2 or 3 rounds.

Edit 2: From now on i'll be writing some examples of what has happend to me which will all be under here.

December 10th 2014

So i logged in to a match of Military Area, and as always, there were a lot of soldiers. But when i was hale, and not camping by my sentry nest, or looking at my teles & dispenser upgrading them, i could see just how many soldiers there were. So i asked dead chat "How many soldiers do you guys have?" And people said 12..... That's half the entire team, and i asked "how many pyros?" 4 they said, so since there were 4 scouts and 3 engys (one of them being me) left 1 other spot..... Which was used up by our medic.

Next map was Watchtower, so obviously 4 scouts, 3 engys. But later in the match, there were 5 soldiers.... On watchtower?!?!? Another round there were 5 snipers. (Actually gives meaning) Then 5 medics.

Next map was Nucleus so again 3 engys 4 scouts. Then in the first rounds we had about 4-5 snipers and 4-6 medics... Next round! Guess what! 4 Soldiers! There were 4 soldiers for 3 of the rounds. Next round! 5 Demos??? 4 pyros... I think you get it by now.

ManncoHQ (very bad map IMO):
Snipers 4 was our starting point, but that turned into 8 after a while. 5 soldiers screaming "MEDIC" and DEPLOY A DISPENSER HERE!". And another round with 5 pyros. Cause dem dispensers.

December 11th 2014:

Starting with Volcano is fun! 6 demos? All that needs to be said.

DUSTSHOWDOWN! 8 snipers. Nothing else. Well, there will always be 3 engys and 4 scouts. Suprisingly we got 5 pyros one round?

(SUPER SECRET TACTIC FOR DEFEATING HALE ON DUSTSHOWDOWN: You need atleaste 1 engy, 1 heavy and 1 medic. You must all go down to the tunnels, and then let engy build dispenser in the middle, then medic can heal heavy and uber for crits + invulnerbility when saxton comes, and Saxton has to either run or stay there. This works even better with more medics and more heavys, as medics can shoot hale with needles to gain uber and keep on doing so till hale dies. Although, have 2 medics and 1 heavy is also good. NEVER have more heavys then medic.)

Last edited:
I don't understand the question..

I understand his point, can only think of a single map this applies to, which is Dustshowdown. I often see hale's struggling to win due to the huge amount of snipers. Making the map nearly impossible. So I guess limiting classes wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Reactions: Supreme
I understand his point, can only think of a single map this applies to, which is Dustshowdown. I often see hale's struggling to win due to the huge amount of snipers. Making the map nearly impossible. So I guess limiting classes wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I rarely play on VSH but when I have played on this map it's impossible to get up there from the snipers and the engineers.

I don't understand the question..

What i'm trying to say is that this will either make VERY short games, or VERY long games, less creativity with loadouts, (liberty launcher, mantreads and market gardener) and it also drains a lot of fun out of the game. (for me atleast) Like Sir Matty said, it can also make it harder to actualy "play" the game.

What i'm trying to say is that this will either make VERY short games, or VERY long games, less creativity with loadouts, (liberty launcher, mantreads and market gardener) and it also drains a lot of fun out of the game. (for me atleast) Like Sir Matty said, it can also make it harder to actualy "play" the game.
Yeah, I apologies. I didn't see where you said
there should atleaste be a max of 4 or 5 for every class.
so I didn't think you were even stating anything other than ranting.
My apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread