Invalid Chen's Admin Application for Duel (#1) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chen Yukira

- Your name and/or nickname - -W3E- Chen Yukira

- Your age - 18

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread) - Invalid Question

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional) - STEAM_0:1:48566585

- Your general online times and your timezone - I can be online any time from 7 AM to 10 AM and 6 PM-10PM on weekdays, almost any time from 9AM to 11PM on weekends. These times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST), or GMT -5 with daylight savings when applicable.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? - I am applying specifically for Duel, and yes but if it were a specialized server such as Jailbreak I would first need to review that server's rules.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins) - Yes, a good one in fact. Blue Microphones Snowball iCE.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator - I used to own a couple Garry's Mod servers about 3 years ago, and also administrated about 7 or 8 others(if you know ULX on gmod people give you admin like candy because some owners even weren't sure of how to work it). These days, I am head admin of Warcraft 3 Evolution's Warcraft server, and owner of the same website's Trade server (not yet running at full).

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? - The War3Evo servers I mentioned run sourcemod, and I even have small but improving experience with coding soucemod, as I am going through with my coder and rebalancing all of the Warcraft races. Aside from this, I have installed plugins and metamod, sourcemod etc for my personal CS:S and CS:GO LAN servers, which I use for bhopping.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? - I have a great amount of experience in administrating servers. I very much care about the rules, and have had to call admins over a multitudinous amount of times to enforce rules (or even post a video at one point of a hacker). Just this morning I had to message a couple admins regarding rule breakers twice. Also, I feel that my EST schedule will allow me to be available when most other admins are not.
If this is rejected simply because of my playtime (I believe I only have about 15 hours on it at the moment, but I'm sick and tired of being the middle man for admins when someone is breaking rules), that's fine. I'll probably reapply in the allotted month and will most likely have 72 hours by then as I have just recently gotten my college internet manageable.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments. - Of course, warnings are essential. Even now, I warn rulebreakers (most often those who incessantly window and door sticky) to reform their actions in both voice and text chat. If they politely refuse, or they seem to not know what they are doing, the progression I normally use on servers where I am admin is slay, kick, ban. If they are rude or outright rebellious and offensive, then I would probably ban them, for 24 hours or permanently depending on severity. If someone were mic spamming, I would mute them for 5 minutes and if they continued after the mute is over I would mute them permanently (same for gags). Bans are mostly a last resort, or for rulebreakers who came on the server specifically to be rulebreakers, but are sometimes necessary more often than anyone would like.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!~

Sorry Chen, you haven't got enough playtime (we've already spoken in chat)
I'll put that as invalid. You can make another app in one month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread