Accepted Chefgirls perma mute appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefgirl

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=mommy+chefgirl&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: mommy chefgirl
Steam ID 32 (How to get your Steam ID 32: Click here): STEAM_0:1:76087878
Date and Time of the Ban: 2/20/2021, permanent
Reason about the Ban: micspam
Admin that Banned you: @Random Coffee Table
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: I would first off like to start by apologizing. I'm really sorry for micspamming and I really hope this gets appealed, for I put lots of time and effort into this. Now on this appeal I'm not gonna use bullshit reasoning like the last one, so strap in. One last thing too, please try to see my perspective from this when reading this, and please try to put grudges or knowledge about anything of this situation and just hop in my shoes for a quick minute. One point that I really would like to bring up is RCT's warnings. Everyone that I've asked (I also asked the whole server) said NOBODY saw the warnings that were given. If I or anybody can't see that I am being warned for my mute, then is it even a warning? And I know that he was disguising so he couldn't use the admin message thing but even still, the warning was not received to anybody on the server and that makes me feel like I was cheated. Of course if I saw it I would have shut my ass up so fast, as this was my last mute before permanent so I think anybody would have shut up, but I couldn't. Now that I look at RCT's logs, saying "you guys" is not a very good way of warning. I'm not going to be one to do your job here, but this is just my insight. You can be talking to anybody using their mic, and people don't realize they are micspamming sometimes because that are just having a blast or simply don't know if they are doing one of the many micspams, or necessarily see that they are being directed for it. It really doesn't even make sense to begin with. What is considered micspam at this point? I think disguising and typing in chat is pretty dumb for this reason exactly. Although I understand the benefits of this, in my opinion the cons overpower the pros. I'm not looking in chat, I'm playing and focusing on the game! But if an admin with their flashy colors or server message says "stop micspamming" would most definitely catch everyone's attention. Saying the persons name would be even better as well. This is just my opinion but I think lots and lots of others can agree with me here. Another point I'd like to make is my last straw I guess you can say. The reason I was muted finally was because I spoke backwards, not even loudly. And... that's what you'd call micspam? I'm fucking around having a good time not even hurting anybody's ears or really even micspamming and that out of all things is considered micspam? This is way over the line and now I won't be able to use my microphone ever again because of it. I did look in the rules and see that "non-communicable noises" is part of the micspamming section, but looking at it from anybody on the server at that time perspective, they saw it as a good and funny joke. It hurt nobody's ears and was a funny moment, and now I can't speak ever again. At this point I can guess what you're thinking. "Well, he already has been muted multiple times before, you should have learned your lesson." I'm going to own up to the other 5, but this one was a legitimate case of me not even knowing that I'm micspamming or breaking rules. Breaking off from that I now understand the rule of micspamming more and now am more knowledgeable on the topic, and I feel that I won't make these mistakes again. I do tend to get loud in JB without even noticing as do many others, but my 2 previous mutes have toned me town quite a bit so I feel safe in saying you won't be seeing that from me again.

Hey Chef,

I'll briefly address your points and end with my final reasoning for the mutes. I joined the server, in incognito, at about 10:30 to more or less just chill and enjoy jb and warn/ admin where it seemed fit without people knowing it was me as I personally enjoy being in the background more and not getting a ton of "hey admin, what is your favorite color" type of stuff.. As for the warnings, I don't think your point is that good. I know that in chat warnings without fancy colors aren't as effective, which is why I gave multiple warnings warnings between supermario and Volcano and had "you guys" in it because it would usually be multiple people starting to go off on their mics, but those words don't make it ineffective as you claim. I gave plenty of warning that was visible with a good amount of lead time before I ended up muting you. There is also an argument to be made that it was known that an admin was on as multiple people were teambanned that evening (notably Mersad and Pocky) while you were on that were discussed, but I'll digress that point as there was no clear connection of my name with that of the admin being on. That doesn't mean that warnings should have been ignored.

I will also add, as callous as it sounds, that the responsibility is to make our warnings clear and visible (I've made mistakes on that before), to make it easy for the person breaking the rules to see it though it is not a requirement that it is seen and not missed. As I said earlier, I provided multiple warnings in chat that were clear on what rule was being broken.

As far as the mute goes: talking backwards was not the sole reason for the mute, but it was the straw that broke the camels back, if you will. Throughout the past round and going into volcano, there were multiple instances (once or twice a round) where you would start shouting on mic, singing something, adding some extra, unintelligible sound. I recorded a couple of those but they are not all of what was done, just a few examples. I didn't immediately mute for those due to their nature being short bursts but they never really slowed down. It was the (repeated and already warned for) use of talking backwards that clearly violated what this community defines as micspam.

At that point, I personally viewed my criteria for micspam and if it was something that I would apply to a random person who was on to remove the bias of being a regular. I came to the conclusion that there were loud and sometimes obnoxious uses of voice communication and that it would be worthy of a mute. So I muted, and it was number 6 for you, so according to my stack, it was a permanent mute. It would have been a mute for anyone doing that, not just you. I do not think that regulars should get special treatment for breaking rules after a general benefit of the doubt and yours proceeded past the initial benefit of the doubt, adding clear rule breaking to a situation that was already on the fence in my opinion.

That is my view of the events that transpired and my reasoning behind it, I personally think that the mute should stay for the above reasons mentioned, but I will defer to my mentor, @Semicolon Backslash, for a final decision to be made.

Attachments

• Team Fortress 2 2021-02-20 23-02-05.mp4
    42.9 MB
  • Team Fortress 2 2021-02-20 23-05-47.mp4
    42.1 MB
  • Team Fortress 2 2021-02-20 23-34-41.mp4
    40.1 MB
Please never type out your appeal in all bold letters it hurts my eyes : (

Considering you have been punished before for micspam I don't think a warning is totally necessary as you should well versed enough in the rules to know that making loud sounds over mic is a big nono.

However all the examples of micspam shown are pretty short and weren't disruptive.
The punishment was a bit harsh so I'll reduce to the mute to a month but don't expect me to do this again.

Accepted, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread