Changing the Market Gardener a little bit in VSH (1 Viewer)

Should the Market Gardener deal as much damage as a backstab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Donator
I am right now fixing the new festive weapons in VSH, and I thought to maybe give the Market Gardener a little buff.

I thought about making successful Market Gardener hits (not just a simple hit) from a rocket jump as much damage as a goomba/backstab. By trying to deal so much damage, you are risking your life, but if you manage to pull it off, it is amazing.

Anyway, lemme know.

Support,we need more market gardening soldiers

Not a bad idea.

+1 Rewards skilled Rocket Jumpers with some actual damage.

Yes +1, buff it

Wow, I did not expect to be alone in the "no" section. I will write an essay later supporting my opinion, gimme a minute ;-;

What's a Market Gardener? ._.
Anyways, the idea is good, but I'm afraid it'll be like the bhop plugin on Deathrun, so overpowered.
Evo, you're outvoted ;)

Reactions: Kevin
How would it be overpowered? You are highly risking your life, as the hale will be able to hit you before you can switch weapons and rocket jump away, and in return you get a high damage output.

Also, *so* many people can't rocket jump with the mantreads too well, because it's way too fast usually, and the gunboats is usually hard to pull out with in case of a fast class (and all the VSH bosses, are indeed fast).

And to end it off, a lot of people also don't know how to properly market gardener. But I guess they will learn that just like they did with goomba stomping scoots.

Eh, fuck it. After thinking a bit I don't think it will be that overpowered as I thought it would be, so no essay writing for me. I am willing to try it, but not as much damage as a goomba or backstab. Maybe 1000 or 1500 or something, instead.

In fact, maybe we should reconsider the damages of goombas and backstabs as well. In my previous community backstabs were changed so as to not do 10% of damage, but a consistent 2000. Which was a far better system, honestly. As for goombas, maybe we should consider lowering the damage a bit there as well. (Can't believe I am saying that).

I still expect that a lot of Soldiers will be useless when the Gardener gets a buff like that and it will stall the game tremendously, but as I said I am willing to give the concept a try..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Actually the more I think about it the worse it gets. If you were to put that in, it may put your life at risk yes, but if it has the same damage as goombas, then look at it this way: a Soldier could jump at Hale to try and goomba, and when the goomba fails he can still hit him for the same amount of damage as the goomba would have done. It would be a massive crutch for Soldiers and would increase their chance of damage enormously.

I dunno. Fck it. Just do what you want and I will report about what actually happens when it is implemented, rather than speculating over it here ;-;

What about the skilled MGers like me that can actually get a crit AND a Mantread hit...
THAT may be overpowered since you can do both of those, keep your momentum and speed pogo of Hale's head

Taking out full health soldiers all day everyday.

if you land on hale's head, you goomba, goomba forces you to jump a little.

Also, on the side, how about we give HHH Jr. wallclimb?

"Risking your life" same goes with backstabs, goombas, and bhopping.
A backstab has the word "back" in it because the other party does not know about it until it hits them.
Anything is a risk, jumping the water to skip a trap in industrial is taking a risk.
I still say it'll be overpowered.

"Risking your life" same goes with backstabs, goombas, and bhopping.
A backstab has the word "back" in it because the other party does not know about it until it hits them.
Anything is a risk, jumping the water to skip a trap in industrial is taking a risk.
I still say it'll be overpowered.
IceStick, you do realize the Market Gardener only crits if you hit a target while you are in a Rocketjump without touching the ground. So it barely is overpowered, because hitting a forwards moving / strafing scout is not that easy to begin with.

IceStick, you do realize the Market Gardener only crits if you hit a target while you are in a Rocketjump without touching the ground. So it barely is overpowered, because hitting a forwards moving / strafing scout is not that easy to begin with.
Oh really?
It will be useless for someone that has no idea what a rocket jump is, but it will be overpowered for someone that is experienced.
Same goes with everything else I said.

Didixo it's as I said. If you just aim for a goomba and land clase to him but not onto him (which happens quite often), you can still use your Gardener for the same amount of damage. More damage could be good, but not this much.

Anyone that has decent experience with Gardening has no problem hitting moving scouts. They generally have pretty predictable strafe patterns.
I think that a combo of MG+goomba in one jump may be OP. Especially with the easy escape of the goomba's momentum, so you can whip out your launcher and chain away.

Anyone that has decent experience with Gardening has no problem hitting moving scouts. They generally have pretty predictable strafe patterns.
I think that a combo of MG+goomba in one jump may be OP. Especially with the easy escape of the goomba's momentum, so you can whip out your launcher and chain away.
yes thats too op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread