Declined Cerberus's Admin Application for USDB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus

Your name and/or nickname
My name is Dailen aka Cerberus

Your age
I am 16 turning 17 in a month

Your Steam32 ID
steam ID is :STEAM_0:1:79625516

Your general online times and your timezone
I am on generaly everyday after school. I get home about 4pm but only have a 4 day school week so I am free friday through sun, and I live in the central time zone (Oklahoma)

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

The server for which I am applying to is the USDB server out of Dallas, TX. However I would be more than happy to answer a call to any server that is ringing.

Do you have a microphone?
I have a microphone and frequently use it to talk to the people on the server.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I have been an administrator for a couple servers in the game Rust, one of which I was apart of the head staff for the server only at age 14.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I dont really have any expertise with the SourceMod, although I tend to be a fast learner.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I'm invested

I am invested with the server and its community.
Finally
Finally I can be an effective team player. I believe that working together to accomplish a clear goal is the key to success which means I will work with other admins to make the Panda community the best I can.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
1)To start mic spammer's: First time offense will be a verbal warning, second offense is a mute for 2 hours, after that it will be a ban from the server for 24 hour ban.
2)For the people who just loooove to steal I give them what I call the three strikes your out system, they have three chances to steal with my warnings before I ban them for how ever long I deem suitable.
3)People who just want to be an irratable nuisance or people who like to use racial or be bigots in general to whom ever they get the immidiate mute for 2 hours no warnings, no mercy.

*Please note that these are just my opinions of what is right and wrong and opinions are subject to change so if I think something needs to be changed in some way I will change it. I would also liek to mention that if there is something I am missing or something does not meet the "community standards" just tell me please.

*Also I know there has been a recent resignation wave of admins for USDB which is why I am now applying. I have lost a few good friends because of what happend and I would hate to see crpyt who is a pretty good friend of mine be the only admin for the server when the server sometimes reaches max capacity. I know how it can be stressful so I am wanting to just help a friend, not only that I would like to help keep the server clean so every body can have a nice time playing without having to worry about certain people ruining the game for them.

thank you for the consideration
-Cerberus

It does say I have a mute though I have no recollection of this. However if you look it says that it was almost a year ago and the forum said you cant have any mutes or gags for 1.5 months and it has well been over that time period plus that is the only mute/ gag I have ever had.

Then why did you put 20 as your age in your profile? Did you even read the spoiler?
I put that I am 20 on my steam profile just so I didnt have to "get my parents permission" before visiting some game pages such as gta which is rated M so being only 16 I couldnt access that game page any other way. This may seem bad that I just go around the system but I know my mom doesn't care so What is the point in asking her every single time I want to do something like that if I know she wont mind because she knows I am mature enough to handle content like that.

• Funny
  • Creative
Reactions: Uncodex and Cryptic
As stated in your application, you said that you were invested in the community. However your forum activity is telling a different story. (Most of which is displayed in this thread.) Do you possibly wish to become more active within the community instead of just the server?

It does say I have a mute though I have no recollection of this. However if you look it says that it was almost a year ago and the forum said you cant have any mutes or gags for 1.5 months and it has well been over that time period plus that is the only mute/ gag I have ever had.
Your ban/commblock history is no problem. I just left it there for the admins.

As stated in your application, you said that you were invested in the community. However your forum activity is telling a different story. (Most of which is displayed in this thread.) Do you possibly wish to become more active within the community instead of just the server?
what I meant by I am invested I was talking about the server community not the forums meaning that I get to know the people and build relationships like I have done with most of the people I play with, you being one of them nation :). I know I am not very active in the forums but if I do get the position as admin I will try more to get involved with the forum community and build even more realtionships with the people on the forums as well.

17 Sep 2016 02:41:47 I could really care less for panda I just play here for my friends and other people Panda-Community.com |24/7 Dodgeball|
17 Sep 2016 02:41:21 the community managment is shit Panda-Community.com |24/7 Dodgeball|

If this is how you feel about us why even bother applying?
Your application is nicely presented, but your policies are way off what we are looking for. This is easier sorted with the correct mentor, but we don't have the admins anymore to deal with someone who needs a lot of work.

Besides, your comments on panda community all ready gives me an idea on what type of person you are. I also see a gag block for being rude so looks like you haven't really learned much from that.

Edit : I've changed my -1 to a neutral. I'm sorry I jumped onto that too quickly but really if you look at it it was a red flag. I've talked about it with the applicant and a full admin so I'm happy enough.

Last edited:
17 Sep 2016 02:41:47 I could really care less for panda I just play here for my friends and other people Panda-Community.com |24/7 Dodgeball|
17 Sep 2016 02:41:21 the community managment is shit Panda-Community.com |24/7 Dodgeball|

If this is how you feel about us why even bother applying?
Your application is nicely presented, but your policies are way off what we are looking for. This is easier sorted with the correct mentor, but we don't have the admins anymore to deal with someone who needs a lot of work.

Besides, your comments on panda community all ready gives me an idea on what type of person you are. I also see a gag block for being rude so looks like you haven't really learned much from that.

-1 . You're not someone we are looking for.
I said the things about the community because from what I have seen and heard from the people who used to be here like Eraser BOT and Asuna that it needed work but I still want to be apart of the team because I think that this community really has some great potential and I would like to help it become what I think it could be because there are still people that I care about that still are apart of the community. I shouldnt have said those things I was just a bit upset about seeing even more people that I am fond of leave. and to address the rudeness, you have played with me a couple times before so you may have seen how I am but if you want proof go ask some people who play there often that would know me and ask them what they think of me because I know the past couple days I hhave gotten a lot of support from people such as YourBiggestFan, Cryptic, and several other people from the server. I used to be rude but I am that no longer and I think you jumped the gun about you conclusion about that Madact being your basis for judging me is from a mute/gag from a year ago and there has been no problems since then so I do think I am the person you could be looking for but I still appreciate your reply and leaving your opinion Madact. Have a good day/night whenever you read this.

Comments:
  • Cerb's a well-known player on the server; he constantly plays and engages in conversations. From my experience, he's never caused, nor attempted to provoke, any trouble towards other players.
  • Although it's not evident, he enforces the rules. I say it's not evident, 'cause he usually enforces 'em via mic. However, I can pull up previous conversations, with him tryna enforce the rules and informing me of rule-breakers. Here's one example:
dwnfNnj.png

I could've picked a more recent conversation, but I chose this one, 'cause it dates back to over a month ago. It demonstrates that he's been tryna enforce the rules awhile back, and not just recently.

Side comment: I know some of you guys are against sharing private conversations publicly, so I asked Cerb for his permission. Also, I blurred out the rule-breakers' names, 'cause it's not necessary to name-shame.

Suggestions:
  • Try to be more active on the forums. We like to see players, who are not only active on the server, but on the forums as well.
  • As Madact previously stated before, your policies and punishments are off. I can help you with that, you just gotta ask. If you're feelin' unsure about anything, don't hesitate to ask me.
  • I shouldnt have said those things I was just a bit upset about seeing even more people that I am fond of leave.
    When you're upset, be extra cautious with the things you say. People tend to regret the things they say when they're upset. Shiroe taught me not to let my emotions get the best of me, and that sometimes it's best to ignore the situation. This advice comes real handy, when you're an admin. There will constantly be players, who will disrespect/insult you, and taunt you by flouting the rules. It's important to stay calm, in these given situations, 'cause igniting the fuse will just fuel the fire.
You're a good guy, Cerb, and I know you'd make a good admin, with a few adjustments. I'm gonna stay neutral for now. I'll change my mind, when I see you more active on the forums, and an improvement in your policies and punishments.

Reactions: Deep
Ok, with acknowledgment of that you shouldn't of said it and Crpytic talking to me about it more in detail I now understand it a little better.

But mistakes do not suddenly disappear overnight. I am not changing my vote yet until I see improvement. Problem is, by the time it is to decide you might have not have enough time to improve.

Edit : I edited this part out because it sounded stupid.

Last edited:
Ok, with acknowledgment of that you shouldn't of said it and Crpytic talking to me about it more in detail I now understand it a little better.

But mistakes do not suddenly disappear overnight. I am not changing my vote yet until I see improvement. Problem is, by the time it is to decide you might have not have enough time to improve.

Edit : I edited this part out because it sounded stupid.
I appreciate you understanding a bit more Maddact. You should know that I really dont do that sort of thing, I dont tend to just let my feelings dictate the things that I say but that one time I did and I am sorry for it. I can understand why you say that "mistakes dont just change overnight" because normally they dont. I cant really tell you that I am changed and it will never happen again because that is really just cliche and I cant provide evidence of why it wont happen again so I will not tell you that. Though I will say that I will try to be more mature about my feelings and not just say something I said. Also if the time runs out on this app before you can maybe change your mind that is no problem at all I will just re-apply in 30 days.

Reactions: Madact
just letting you know that your app is under review.

declined due to session/forum activity, please also look into your terms on the policies.

you may apply again in 1 month; 30.11.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread