Buff / Nerf these Hales please (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with my opinion on these Hales here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
So, i want to make a Thread where these Hales should become a Nerf or Buff its only MY opinion if any of the Head Admins or even Kevin would agree on Nerfing / Buffing any of these Hales here i would be happy to see, also the #13 Server could rly need a Version Update

The Description about the Hales here are configured so you can have a look how i would like to see the Hales

NERF THESE HALES

GentleSpy

• Hes Teleport should'nt make the Players stuck in him, you will have no chance to Escape him
  • Lower also hes damage (Hes actual damage is 175 i would lower it to 130)
Gaben Newell
  • I would lower the Seconds of the Slow Motion to 10 seconds or give him more Lives instead the Slow Motion rage and maybe replace the Rage to a Player / Sentry stun with a long Rage distance
  • Since hes pretty Slow i would give him a better Super Jump and maybe add more damage (Hes actual damage is 202 i would set it to 220)
Zerstorer [Broken in 1.19.4 FF2]
  • I would give him some Knockback Resistance, he could rly need it
  • I would also lower hes damage (Hes actual damage is 175 i would lower it to 140 because hes applying also Bleeding for several seconds)
(You can fix hes Ability pretty fast)
Fix:

"abilityX"
{
"name" "rage_explosive_dance"
"arg1" "1"
"plugin_name" "ff2_1st_set_abilities"
}

The Human Sentry Buster
  • Please remove the Weak against melee attacks attribute and also Bullet Resistance attribute and he will be perfectly Balanced with a good HP Formula + damage amount
Spyper
  • Please... PLEASE remove the ammo pickup and he will be okay to play against
  • I would lower hes damage (Hes actual damage is 202 i would lower it to 140)
MeeM
  • My question is... Why is Meem doing 1008 damage? Like wtf xD? (I would lower hes damage to 150)
Handsome Jack
  • This Hale is pretty broken, first i would fix hes Abilities. I will link hes CFG here
Fedorable
  • My problem on this Hale is only the damage and Ubered seconds also the Blind effect duration (Hes actual damage is 373 i would lower it to 210 or less)
The Mimicer
  • Okay... here we are, first i would lower the Stun duration of the Players to 5 seconds even 1+ duration is too much on this Hale, also just Nerf hes HP and all will be okay or maybe remove a life and let hes HP be
BUFF THESE HALES

Beep Man

• He only needs more HP and he will be good to play as

Piss Cakehole / Painis Cupcake / Ninja Spy / The Rock
  • They need a buffed super jump and all will be good
Foxy
  • One of the weakes Hales here, he needs a damage buff and thats it (Hes actual damage is 146 i would buff it to 170 even with hes Crits boost on kill)

All other Hales that have a High damage above 260+ should be set to lower

Last edited:
This is some nice effort into it, and this also seems like a suggestion but quiet large so better of to be discussed and maybe later make a suggestion to change theses hales in the future?

But I'm just gonna tag the FF2 admins to get more attention and maybe they got something to say too:
@Monster
@TekkitFappit
@SharpTips
@Wild Card Joker
@Loli Police

So, i want to make a Thread where these Hales should become a Nerf or Buff its only MY opinion if any of the Head Admins or even Kevin would agree on Nerfing / Buffing any of these Hales here i would be happy to see, also the #13 Server could rly need a Version Update

The Description about the Hales here are configured so you can have a look how i would like to see the Hales

NERF THESE HALES

GentleSpy

• Hes Teleport should'nt make the Players stuck in him, you will have no chance to Escape him
Gaben Newell
  • I would lower the Seconds of the Slow Motion to 10 seconds or give him more Lives instead the Slow Motion rage and maybe replace the Rage to a Player / Sentry stun with a long Rage distance
  • Since hes pretty Slow i would give him a better Super Jump and maybe add more damage (Hes actual damage is 202 i would set it to 220)
  • I would also lower hes damage (Hes actual damage is 175 i would lower it to 140 because hes applying also Bleeding for several seconds)
Fix:

"abilityX"
{
"arg1" "1"
}

The Human Sentry Buster
  • Please remove the Weak against melee attacks attribute and also Bullet Resistance attribute and he will be perfectly Balanced with a good HP Formula + damage amount
Spyper
MeeM
  • My question is... Why is Meem doing 1008 damage? Like wtf xD? (I would lower hes damage to 150)
Handsome Jack
  • This Hale is pretty broken, first i would fix hes Abilities. I will link hes CFG here
Fedorable
  • My problem on this Hale is only the damage and Ubered seconds also the Blind effect duration (Hes actual damage is 373 i would lower it to 210 or less)
The Mimicer
  • Okay... here we are, first i would lower the Stun duration of the Players to 5 seconds even 1+ duration is too much on this Hale, also just Nerf hes HP and all will be okay or maybe remove a life and let hes HP be
BUFF THESE HALES

Beep Man

Foxy
  • One of the weakes Hales here, he needs a damage buff and thats it (Hes actual damage is 146 i would buff it to 170 even with hes Crits boost on kill)

You're suggesting nerfs/buffs with little to no context. Some of the suggestion don't need any explanations (Like jack's broken kit that doesn't even work.) but some suggestions like nerfing MeeM's 1000 dmg per hit do need an explanation as imo it is pretty balanced. I talked about it more later, I just wanted to point it out to give you an insight to why I think some of the suggestions are ones made with a blindfold.

Buff
Don't change/Keep the same way
Nerf

Gentlespy: Ok, so I'm pretty sure Gentlespy's damage is 375~. At least in panda's ff2 version. But then again, knives in FF2 are simply broken, so I'd settle with 175 which is similar to raptor's.

Gaben: Gaben's rage duration should definitely be decreased. The counterplay is very straightforward and is very easy to execute, but it still feels like gaben has way too much time to delete 50% of the RED team in a single rage.

Zerstorer: Lower Zerstorer's damage? Eh, okay. Look, he's very fragile and the counterplay is way too harsh for him. The counter to any Zerstorer is a direct hit soldier. Just 1 soldier alone with the direct hit can dish out 3k damage alone from a safe place using crits while blasting zerstorer while he's in his rage. But having the nerf in mind, it would force people to not only rely on his melee and would encourage the use of the pomson more to try and utilize zerstorer's kit to its fullest rather than barging in and trying to land like 2-3 hits in 1 seconds because of how you're able to cancel his melee attacks' animation. So yes, nerf his damage per hit.

As for the knockback... giving him knockback resistance is basically an indirect NERF unlike what you suggested, because he could use that knockback to his advantage, in most cases, not all. (To boost himself and then use a superjump to compensate for not having a dynamic superjump.) You could have a counterargument about it, but that's just imo. So i'd say keep it the same way.

Human Sentry Buster As for Human sentry buster, It's not my idea, but basically what you *can* do to balance him is make him rage faster. That would STOP people from throwing themselves as demoknights into the frontlines without thinking twice. And the hale would finally have a way to actually punish the enemy.
His slow animation when he rages makes it so that it is easy to escape him by walking backwards.

MeeM: MeeM is okay. Again, counterplays exist. Just because players don't want to pick the superior class against certain bosses (example : Phlog pyro vs mimicer, demoknight vs human sentry buster, Engie vs raptor spy) doesn't mean they should be nerfed to the ground to the point any class can take them on. It is basically saying "Well, remember how scout with a bfb used to be especially effective against MeeM? Well now he's not in-exchange for letting all the classes have the same potential to beat him down."
Ugh, no. I believe counterplays should exist just like in most games. By playing scout, you have a greater chance of survival. Don't know why one would ruin such counter..

Fedorable: I agree over Fedorable's nerf. It's just TOO much of a hassle to try and escape him, especially when he has a really long uber+blind duration.

Handsome Jack: You said Jack needs a nerf and that first his arsenal needs to be fixed. Ok.... but what comes after that? If you want to nerf MeeM for having 1k damage, why not nerf jack's 600+ dmg per hit when he's below 50% hp?
The hale has a weightdown+dynamic jump like miku that makes him way too tryhard-ish at times. You would just have the hale spam cloaks, (Which cost only 50 rage, absolutely bull in my opinion.) and spam superjumps + weightdown and get out with the cloak easily. That is no good.

The Mimicer: Mimicer... oh boy does he needs a HUGE nerf. That goes without saying, he has an immense amount of HP, 2x lives, a rage that can be activated literally every 2k~ dmg that he takes, the rage stuns people for a LONG time, stuns sentries, blinds everyone, gives himself uber, has a teleport, has a dead ringer, has a matrix ability like gaben on a lifeloss. Like, what else can you give him to make him more OP...
His hp really needs to go. The 2x lives can stay to ensure his uniqueness or whatever, but the stun duration + hp needs to be nerfed, big time.

Beepman: Beepman's ability to survive is pretty bad imo. You can teleport often with him but he's too fragile to even get *close* to anyone after being knocked away. It's very hard for him to recover and plan a comeback, (Pyros can literally airblast him non-stop.) The buff is a good idea.

Piss Cakehole's, Ninja Spy's, Painis Cupcake's and The Rock's superjump needs to be changed into a dynamic one. But not a powerful one. (As of not like jack's), I believe you can change the power of the super jump via the cfg.

Foxy
: And foxy needs to be buffed just like the suggestion shows. He's just way too bad at finishing off people without the crits.

As for
I believe I already explained it in MeeM's section.

• Agree
Reactions: Koishi
Gentlespy's arbitrary teleport can be solved by replacing his teleport plugin with dynamic_teleport. (On a side note, remove triple damage from spy and scout hales.) His rage formulæ also needs to be doubled as his rage is powerful and his ambassador is an actual lasor pointer that insta-kills people.

Spyper is a horrible hale, his kit encourages nothing but boring 10 minute gameplay for both sides as a point and click adventure with 15K HP and infinite ammo, especially on large maps. He also dies instantly on smaller maps like Military Area, somehow managing to be unfun to play as and against. Delete him.

Human sentry buster should have his rage extended enough to reach retreating demoknights with max heads to actually put risk when meleeing him, as of now it is only respected within close quarters, if a config setting is not avaliable it should take minimal sourcepawn knowledge to do this via recompiling the plugin the hale uses.

Handsome Jack needs his invisibility ability to be removed or replaced, am knackered of having a stroke every time I hear his superjump sound just above my head mere nanoseconds before my death via goomba.

Mimicer just needs his HP division factor in his health formulæ increased to /4 rather than the orignal /2 since its obviously not enough.

Am not too sure if am right about this but I think Beep Man's rage can sometimes cause full servers to crash.

I would be fine with a small reduction of The Rock™'s rage duration in return for a jump cooldown of 3 seconds instead of the ludicrous 10 seconds.

Replace all hales using default superjump to dynamic superjump as the dynamic one is far superior to the default one in terms of how useful it is.

Whilst Zerstører does need more knockback resistance, virtually all hales need more knockback resistance to counter the new meta of simply stacking heavies on an amplifier. I am also fine with reducing his damage since he has a swing speed limited to how fast you can spam M1 (or just use a macro idk).

Hatsune needs to be deleted since its obviously made by someone who went on a powertrip to ensure they win constantly, anyone who is not a lobotomite will know infinite double jumps is a horrible idea to give to hales.

Also remove dustshowdown, crevice and hakurei shrine for being way too large for normal FF2 gameplay and all Arena maps since they are not made for FF2 gameplay-wise to begin with.

Reactions: ZackTheDuck
You're suggesting nerfs/buffs with little to no context. Some of the suggestion don't need any explanations (Like jack's broken kit that doesn't even work.) but some suggestions like nerfing MeeM's 1000 dmg per hit do need an explanation as imo it is pretty balanced. I talked about it more later, I just wanted to point it out to give you an insight to why I think some of the suggestions are ones made with a blindfold.

Buff
Don't change/Keep the same way
Nerf

Gentlespy:
Ok, so I'm pretty sure Gentlespy's damage is 375~. At least in panda's ff2 version. But then again, knives in FF2 are simply broken, so I'd settle with 175 which is similar to raptor's.

Gaben: Gaben's rage duration should definitely be decreased. The counterplay is very straightforward and is very easy to execute, but it still feels like gaben has way too much time to delete 50% of the RED team in a single rage.

Zerstorer: Lower Zerstorer's damage? Eh, okay. Look, he's very fragile and the counterplay is way too harsh for him. The counter to any Zerstorer is a direct hit soldier. Just 1 soldier alone with the direct hit can dish out 3k damage alone from a safe place using crits while blasting zerstorer while he's in his rage. But having the nerf in mind, it would force people to not only rely on his melee and would encourage the use of the pomson more to try and utilize zerstorer's kit to its fullest rather than barging in and trying to land like 2-3 hits in 1 seconds because of how you're able to cancel his melee attacks' animation. So yes, nerf his damage per hit.

As for the knockback... giving him knockback resistance is basically an indirect NERF unlike what you suggested, because he could use that knockback to his advantage, in most cases, not all. (To boost himself and then use a superjump to compensate for not having a dynamic superjump.) You could have a counterargument about it, but that's just imo. So i'd say keep it the same way.

Human Sentry Buster As for Human sentry buster, It's not my idea, but basically what you *can* do to balance him is make him rage faster. That would STOP people from throwing themselves as demoknights into the frontlines without thinking twice. And the hale would finally have a way to actually punish the enemy.
His slow animation when he rages makes it so that it is easy to escape him by walking backwards.

MeeM: MeeM is okay. Again, counterplays exist. Just because players don't want to pick the superior class against certain bosses (example : Phlog pyro vs mimicer, demoknight vs human sentry buster, Engie vs raptor spy) doesn't mean they should be nerfed to the ground to the point any class can take them on. It is basically saying "Well, remember how scout with a bfb used to be especially effective against MeeM? Well now he's not in-exchange for letting all the classes have the same potential to beat him down."
Ugh, no. I believe counterplays should exist just like in most games. By playing scout, you have a greater chance of survival. Don't know why one would ruin such counter..

Fedorable: I agree over Fedorable's nerf. It's just TOO much of a hassle to try and escape him, especially when he has a really long uber+blind duration.

Handsome Jack: You said Jack needs a nerf and that first his arsenal needs to be fixed. Ok.... but what comes after that? If you want to nerf MeeM for having 1k damage, why not nerf jack's 600+ dmg per hit when he's below 50% hp?
The hale has a weightdown+dynamic jump like miku that makes him way too tryhard-ish at times. You would just have the hale spam cloaks, (Which cost only 50 rage, absolutely bull in my opinion.) and spam superjumps + weightdown and get out with the cloak easily. That is no good.

The Mimicer: Mimicer... oh boy does he needs a HUGE nerf. That goes without saying, he has an immense amount of HP, 2x lives, a rage that can be activated literally every 2k~ dmg that he takes, the rage stuns people for a LONG time, stuns sentries, blinds everyone, gives himself uber, has a teleport, has a dead ringer, has a matrix ability like gaben on a lifeloss. Like, what else can you give him to make him more OP...
His hp really needs to go. The 2x lives can stay to ensure his uniqueness or whatever, but the stun duration + hp needs to be nerfed, big time.

Beepman: Beepman's ability to survive is pretty bad imo. You can teleport often with him but he's too fragile to even get *close* to anyone after being knocked away. It's very hard for him to recover and plan a comeback, (Pyros can literally airblast him non-stop.) The buff is a good idea.

Piss Cakehole's, Ninja Spy's, Painis Cupcake's and The Rock's superjump needs to be changed into a dynamic one. But not a powerful one. (As of not like jack's), I believe you can change the power of the super jump via the cfg.

Foxy: And foxy needs to be buffed just like the suggestion shows. He's just way too bad at finishing off people without the crits.

As for
I believe I already explained it in MeeM's section.
I hadnt much time to Explain each nerf / buff on the Hales i will do a new Thread in the next days when i have enough time to explain the Hales buffes and nerfes

Gentlespy's arbitrary teleport can be solved by replacing his teleport plugin with dynamic_teleport. (On a side note, remove triple damage from spy and scout hales.) His rage formulæ also needs to be doubled as his rage is powerful and his ambassador is an actual lasor pointer that insta-kills people.

Spyper is a horrible hale, his kit encourages nothing but boring 10 minute gameplay for both sides as a point and click adventure with 15K HP and infinite ammo, especially on large maps. He also dies instantly on smaller maps like Military Area, somehow managing to be unfun to play as and against. Delete him.

Human sentry buster should have his rage extended enough to reach retreating demoknights with max heads to actually put risk when meleeing him, as of now it is only respected within close quarters, if a config setting is not avaliable it should take minimal sourcepawn knowledge to do this via recompiling the plugin the hale uses.

Handsome Jack needs his invisibility ability to be removed or replaced, am knackered of having a stroke every time I hear his superjump sound just above my head mere nanoseconds before my death via goomba.

Mimicer just needs his HP division factor in his health formulæ increased to /4 rather than the orignal /2 since its obviously not enough.

Am not too sure if am right about this but I think Beep Man's rage can sometimes cause full servers to crash.

I would be fine with a small reduction of The Rock™'s rage duration in return for a jump cooldown of 3 seconds instead of the ludicrous 10 seconds.

Replace all hales using default superjump to dynamic superjump as the dynamic one is far superior to the default one in terms of how useful it is.

Whilst Zerstører does need more knockback resistance, virtually all hales need more knockback resistance to counter the new meta of simply stacking heavies on an amplifier. I am also fine with reducing his damage since he has a swing speed limited to how fast you can spam M1 (or just use a macro idk).

Hatsune needs to be deleted since its obviously made by someone who went on a powertrip to ensure they win constantly, anyone who is not a lobotomite will know infinite double jumps is a horrible idea to give to hales.

Also remove dustshowdown, crevice and hakurei shrine for being way too large for normal FF2 gameplay and all Arena maps since they are not made for FF2 gameplay-wise to begin with.
I agree with removing Spyper, hes literally a map time waste if the player is just camping and doesnt know how to play him at all

the only thing i want is Zer's rage back and Mimicer nerfed, that's literally it.

Reactions: Nisoria

NERF THESE HALES

GentleSpy

Gaben Newell
Fix:

"abilityX"
{
"arg1" "1"
}

The Human Sentry Buster
Spyper
MeeM
Handsome Jack
Fedorable
The Mimicer
BUFF THESE HALES

Beep Man

Foxy

Fedorable: OP

• Teleports ramdom player *WARNING* If u teleport to engineer u get killed by telefrag*
  • Rage: Gains Uber, Stun, and Video Glitch.
  • Dmg: 605

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread