Declined blocking in dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuthouse

Steam name: Bratiii ❤
Steam ID32: STEAM_0:0:84935237
Rules broken: Blocking
Evidence:

music in the background is a finnish nursery rhyme. it also didn't occur to me to screenshot the chat but "Cherrie" in the same server called me a weeb :(.

Do you know what blocking means

• Winner
Reactions: Waxel
That can definitely constitute as blocking, the first half of the clip.

Edit: Blocking isn't limited to actually hugging the player, Bratii is obsctructing(blocking) view and rocket path.

Blocking as a rule is obscure enough as it is, just keep your damn distance people.

• Agree
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
Bratii could just easily get teamkilled, and nuthouse could've just moved to another position. Its not like bratii wants to teamkill him anyway, and I don't think that it's a problem if u cant see like 60% of the map cuz of him.

Bratii could just easily get teamkilled, and nuthouse could've just moved to another position. Its not like bratii wants to teamkill him anyway, and I don't think that it's a problem if u cant see like 60% of the map cuz of him.

That is besides the point, nuthouse shouldn't be forced to move because Bratii is homing in too close. He's blocking, end of.

It's not like he could take nuthouse with him, he keeps his distance. I dont see the problem here, cuz bratii could easily get killed by nuthouse's rocket and there arent rly any issues on seeing where the rocket is coming from.

• Dislike
Reactions: Vecomti
"• No blocking; leave space for others.
What is considered as blocking includes:

1. Getting close to an enemy and immediately returning their rocket when it's not yours.
2. Not giving other players enough space to handle the rocket.
3. Hindering enemies' movement."

Bratii isnt breaking any of these, because he leaves some space between him and nuthouse. I didnt see nuthouse struggling to reflect a single rocket cuz of him, he just died cuz he reflected too late.

You may not see the problem and you may be fine with the above behaviour which is absolutely cool, I myself wouldn't mind much either but as evidenced by the above report not everybody feels the same. No matter the intent what Bratii is doing can and imo should be seen as blocking although to a minor extent. Again, it isn't just limited to ENEMIES. Teamkilling might've not been his intent but you can more than clearly see from the FIRST half of the clip that he is intentionally obstructing and again, evidenced by the report nuthouse might've felt intimidated by it.

Closing off; if nuthouse has actually asked Bratii to lay off and this is the clip that followed? Not gud imho

Did nuthouse warn him to back off tho?

I should probably also mention that I don't feel this is something worthy of punishment, a warning at best to be a bit more considerate to your teammate(s) perhaps.

• Agree
Reactions: DeadSworn
Enlighten us with your presence, Titbomb63

I would consider this blocking if I saw it.

Edit: As Wolfgang said I wouldn't punish this unless you made it clear that he should move, or this happened over multiple rounds (if you have evidence of that).

Reactions: Bass and Wolfgang
I don't think it's inherently blocking, I wouldn't care myself either. I found the first 10 seconds were too close however.

Also OP only asked not to have their view blocked after the scene shown in this video. If of course there was evidence over multiple rounds or him continuing after being asked to stop, while I'd warn for this ingame, I don't think it's enough for a ban.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolfgang
We can agree the we wouldn't punish for that unless it went on for quite long after the reporter asked the other to stop. With that said I'm closing this.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolfgang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread