Accepted Blizz Ban appeal (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizz2469

blizz^ S>MannCo
STEAM_0:0:529580673
Reason, not sure at all. No idea when I was banned, ballpark would be a little before COVID. I don't know the reason why I was banned and for how long

I really don't know when or why I was banned. Whenever I join Panda related servers I am told I am banned and to go to the forums here. I searched my steam ID on your ban list and seem to not be able to find myself.

So the reason I was banned is because this account is an alternate account? I only have one other account which is a backpack.tf bot, that's it. I'm confused, was my supposed other account banned for something or is having an alt a bannable offense?

To answer your question, no using an alternate account is not against the rule directly. Using an alternate account to bypass punishment is, however in the event you for say are muted/gagged and use an alt account to talk (generally for malicious means).

Oh dear, this is a little rough. I've fixed everything here. @blizz2469 you mention that you have an alternative account do you mind listing it here by any chance?

I wonder if you can answer some of these question as this has been some time since you were banned. I am wondering if you know of anyone in your household at the time that may have also played Tf2 around July of 2020 or if you may share playing on a device/connection. If so could you list any account that you can recall. Do you happen to play in a public area such as a library or use mobile hot spot to play at that time? If so could you list any account that you can recall. Depending on how you answer these question I may have some follow up as there are some red flags.

If you feel uncomfortable answering these questions here feel free to send me a message on steam or on discord @minh#5341.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199000254342/ - My only alt which is a bot
I don't recall having anyone at the time of July 2020, but I did frequent friends houses at that time who did also play TF2. - I do not know their steam profiles anymore
I've solely played on this account alone and would only touch the bot through a node.js command requiring me to do nothing. Additionally, I was a trader at that time and my backpack had high value items that I would trade. It wouldn't make sense for me to make an alt to avoid something so small and not move my high value items to that alt so I can trade/use them - https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561199019427074 - My MAIN account that I've only used other than my bot

I'm also confused as why my "other account" was banned in the first place. As I know for a fact I would not have gone through so many lengths just to avoid a simple gag or mute.

The account you provided isn't currently banned in our server as shown here when inputting the SteamID.

Well looks like you already knew about the fact that you're suspended from trading on backpack.tf so that's a good start. We need to determine whether or not you're linked to someone who has an ongoing IP ban on our server and whether it was a positive or false flag. I have reasons to respect as such so I'm here to ask the questions and to come to a decision.

Since you're friends with these players at least and there's some connection, I want to know in specific what are your affiliations with these accounts ( are they friends, family, associates, etc) as listed below:

Those accounts are my friends accounts. I live with one of them right now.

Can you also private this thread as things might get personal.

To piggyback my previous question, I'll add to it. Since you currently live with your friends do you happen to share the same internet connection/use the same computer, is by any chance for you to use a separate connection than the ones they use? Are all those account a single friend or multiple friends? In terms of trading, what did your friends do in terms of trading to their knowledge?

With your answer I might have to end up consulting others before coming to a final decision as your circumstances is a bit unique if not advised otherwise.

Yes, many times we would share the same internet connection. We often would bring our laptops/computers and set up a mini lan, and they are multiple friends. In terms of trading, they were involved for a little bit, not too sure on specific details

Yes, many times we would share the same internet connection. We often would bring our laptops/computers and set up a mini lan, and they are multiple friends. In terms of trading, they were involved for a little bit, not too sure on specific details
Let me add that we all gambled heavily at that time as well

Addition.jpg

I'll close this for the time being. After getting some feedback from fellow staff I'll reply with the decision that was agreed on. In your circumstance since you share the same internet connection and living quarters IP ban will unfortunately have stay. Now by that if you do get unban I fear it may ping you again for a ban, however that's a simple fix of just unbanning you whenever that happens in that event I would suggest adding a staff for the sake of convenience.

You were as previous stated caught and suspended for trading with trading with your friends supposedly who were and are still marked as a scammer as shown on SteamRep for their part in scamming items. I'm not even going to go through your backpack.tf history and inventory (unless needed later). The fear here is that people tend to use alternative accounts as a means to scam people or what looks like in your case trade with those people in terms of gaining profit / a means to cash out and leave the scene altogether. How you're truly affiliated and the confidence of the team to lift it is open as of now. Please have some patience for the time being.

I'll retract a bit from my previous statement. No one seems oppose to it so I'll be removing the IP and server ban from the Steam account provided, but not on the account of the friend that's still flagged on Steamrep. I would advise for you to not join on any alts and discourage your friend from joining into the server as it may result in the IP being flagged again. In that event it occurs and is caught we'll have to go back and ban all of those account that share that IP.

I hope you understand and if have connection issues from here on out feel free to reach out and we'll see what we can do. ACCEPTED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread