Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
What are you guys favorite remakes of old maps?

Famouz 2, xmf, carcerem, hopjb, and snowday v9 are my personal favorite remakes.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black and vinny
they are all good cept for snowday and minecraft is boring (but better than the eye blinding original)

im glad WIP is back, i liked playing on the older versions, except for the maze, I also loved trains at the time so that might of contributed to the love of the map

Hard decision between Oranger and District. District was a bit wonky, tbh, but the remake gives it a much more cohesive vision. I think it's a bit sprawling, and climb is a bit too difficult to be heavy (why I'm generally playing Medic or Sniper on District), but the minigames are original and the polish is great. Oranger, on the other hand, is very linear in its layout and has great secrets & randomness. It doesn't have the same 'polish' that you'd expect from a more maximalist map like District or even MLCastle, but you can tell that it's a very intentional matter. Oranger is a bunch of inside jokes for the Panda community and is just a joy to play. While District has a variety of novel things in it, Oranger is great from the perspective of encouraging chaos. I've said that before and I'll say it again.

I just don't like snowday and the remake took away one of my favorite parts of the map (the stairway). XMF is a map that feels a little dead, although the remake is fine (hard obby though). Famouz was a good update; MLCastle breathes a bit of life into a very old map while also adding and taking away things. Minecraft is more a visual update than a substantive one. Hop's update is... I don't know how to feel about it but disco is such a hard minigame to actually do because of how chaotic it is, and deathrun my beloved is gone, but prop hunt is lovely. ("Who would put a bench here?" The map creator says as they killed her for hiding as a bench in a spot that had a bench in previous versions)

Has to be oranger, but Snow day is my least favorite remake

Users who are viewing this thread