"Be a robot" mod (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marios

This isn't mainstream as many servers lack it, and best of all it does not require downloading as it uses canon content. In fun servers this won't ruin the game either. And it doesn't at all support having the feature donator only! So, why not?

Servers this can be added for sure:
  • Trade
  • Orange
  • Surf
  • Jump
  • Duel (which tends to get less of a duel by the time there's 4 or more players anyway)
  • Deathrun

Discuss here if you have any questions or issues. Until then, the mod is here.

It messes with hitboxes and is therefore annoying to fight against. Should be reserved for deathrun, dodgeball, trade or surf.

It messes with hitboxes and is therefore annoying to fight against. Should be reserved for deathrun, dodgeball, trade or surf.

Messes with hitboxes? Aren't robots just TFBots with model replaced?

Maybe the most used plugin messes up hit boxes, calling input 'SetCustomModel' on the player entity should not mess with hit boxes. No idea if SM has the option to call that. Maybe we make something our self, @Ron you know something about this?

Reference: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Player

I was thinking of crouching, robots cannot crouch. The player's hitbox is still crouched though.

I was thinking of crouching, robots cannot crouch. The player's hitbox is still crouched though.

The model should still play the proper animation though.

The model should still play the proper animation though.

It didn't in the last couple servers I was in that had the feature, maybe that was just a bad plugin. They also cannot show special taunts, but I'm not sure how that affects the hitbox when doing so.

It didn't in the last couple servers I was in that had the feature, maybe that was just a bad plugin. They also cannot show special taunts, but I'm not sure how that affects the hitbox when doing so.

I believe what they show is what you get.

Maybe the most used plugin messes up hit boxes, calling input 'SetCustomModel' on the player entity should not mess with hit boxes. No idea if SM has the option to call that. Maybe we make something our self, @Ron you know something about this?

Reference: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Player

No idea about that.

Anyway, always disliked the be a robot plugins, fun for 3 minutes and then you don't really care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread