Declined Banned (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruun

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=orewaa&Submit=Search

Name of your Banned Steam Account: OREWAA
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:57399865

Date and Time of the Ban: 16:06 9-9-2017
Reason about the Ban: Point Farming
Admin that Banned you: Husky
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:

Me and dale both had a teleport trap on each other and we got 5 or so points.
Dale asked if it was a nono and Zannc said it wasn't allowed, then removed his teleport trap but i was tabbed out so i took a little longer, i removed my teleporters but was banned quickly.
While tabbed out i din't see it was allowed so i responded a bit late.

69f113be74d0172c2535068d298a10ef.png

assuming this is the part where Dale indeed asked about whether or not it was allowed, why did @Husky still ban him if he did indeed remove the trap? Or are we missing some context?

I can't really speak for anyone but this caught my eye.

Reactions: DaLe 2
that was the part where dale asked yes, and after he asked he removed his teleporters instantly.

Right so, I was watching both you and DaLe teleport on each others teleports aka point farming. Once DaLe looked up and saw me, he killed himself and then destroyed his teleporters instantly. Then asking if it was allowed when both you and DaLe are fully aware of the rules and have access to the shoutbox and the fact that DaLe has me in his friends list on steam just means he could of asked.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolfgang
As i said we aren't fully 100% aware of what was allowed and what isn't. that is why we asked.

dale din't notice you rejoin after you left shortly before thus he din't think of asking.

I did not have the intention of point farming, i was just trying to see if it worked.

If someone looks up at an admin and instantly destroys their trap or whatever, i can only conclude that they were somewhat aware that they were doing something wrong

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
We were not aware if it was allowed, thus we asked and stopped accordingly.

That's kind of the point I'm trying to make, if Dale (or you, for that matter) was 100% unaware of it being allowed or disallowed, why would Dale feel the need to kill himself and destroy his trap instantly at the sight of an admin before actually asking the million dollar question? Unless there was already some notion of knowing what you did was wrong. It could be just me but it doesn't add up?
To my knowledge teleport trapping is against the rules, which would include any and all variation of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm just trying to make sense of the situation :p

Alright i'll recap it.

We did it for a very short while to see if it still worked.

Husky left and we did not see him rejoin thus we din't have the "mindset/urge?" to ask about it.

Then dale noticed Husky looking and stopped what he did to ask if it was allowed, Wouldn't you?
Because why would he continue if he was unsure?

and as i;ve said i was tabbed out looking at something else so...

It's difficult to explain as i do not have the right vocabulary to explain how i want to but i think this is good enough, i hope.

• Informative
Reactions: Wolfgang
I like the way that I was standing right infront of DaLe building Exit and Entry teleporters in the spawn and I also said "DaLe"
Then you guys went on to point farm to see if it worked while I just came and started looking at you. Then,
Right so, I was watching both you and DaLe teleport on each others teleports aka point farming. Once DaLe looked up and saw me, he killed himself and then destroyed his teleporters instantly. Then asking if it was allowed when both you and DaLe are fully aware of the rules and have access to the shoutbox and the fact that DaLe has me in his friends list on steam just means he could of asked.

If you know something is borderline wrong but are not 100% sure if it's allowed or not, please refrain from even trying it out before getting an answer from someone who knows for sure.

There may have been some hasty administrative actions as well included, but I think everyone has gotten their answers for this case.
Closed, if someone disagrees feel free to reopen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread