Accepted Banned without a real reason. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secret

Name of your Banned Steam Account: ⎛⎝Secret⎠⎞
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80053775
Date and Time of the Ban: 11-26-16 00:41
Reason about the Ban: Abusing the !call system.
Admin that Banned you: Luigi123
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I've called admins numerous times for reason, yes. But one never comes. I called one today (Earlier about 8 hours ago.) and then had to go to the store with my parents after I called an admin. Because this guy kept suiciding when he got the rocket, and it would kill other players. THE RULES SAY DONT DO THAT, BY THE WAY. I got back on, and about 5 minutes after I get on I get banned for 4 hours for "abusing it" like, for real? I did nothing wrong. My life doesn't revolve around sitting on a dodgeball server over 5 minutes waiting for an admin. (I called the admin when we had 5 minutes left on the map, when map changed, I left)

Thanks for reading... Sorry for "ABUSING" the call admin system.

First of all, the report you submitted did not say someone was constantly suiciding, instead you put "lol" as your reason, there were no other reports from you today other than this, therefore I banned you for abusing it, putting a reason like that will get you banned. If a rule breaker is active and no other admin comes on, simply record a demo of that person doing so and report it on the Forums. Also a Screenshot is provided as well.

Proof:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/efupsge2f1e2115/Capture.PNG?dl=0

I didn't know I put a reason. I didn't know I was suppose to put a reason even. I put "lol" as a responce to someone, most likely. I'm new to PandaCommunity. I thought putting "Custom Reason" would just get an admin to come and I could tell them. I did not know I was suppose to put a reason in the chat box. Honestly, I didn't see it ask me for a reason.
But whatever :L

Sorry for that, I guess.

• Friendly
Reactions: Viking34
I'm pretty sure that it tells you to type something, it should say so both in the box you get where you click something along the lines of "confirm" as well as in the chat straight after said confirmation. But quite many people miss this, it's pretty much the number one thing people do wrong with calls. You're definitely not alone.

Kudos on your tone. Many people will not admit they made a mistake and keep shoving the blame elsewhere.

I probably didn't see the message that told me to type the reason because dodgball chat is often spammed with rules and other advertisement stuff for PandaCommunity.

Huh, I had never considered it that way. When you confirm your call and some green-coloured message or whatever it looks like comes up, people will be inclined to think that it's just another message they already know (forum link, trade chat, etc.). I had never made that connection. Will be something that people should keep in mind in debates about the future of regularised chat messages.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
Yeah, this appears to be a common issue. I see at least 5 calls every day that have nonsensical reasons that just appear to be random fragments of chat.

A simple misunderstanding; don't stress about it man.

Now that you're fully aware of how the call system works, please try to refrain from doing the same mistake again.

Accepted and closed.

Edit: Since your ban has already expired, I can't unban you. However, I left a note that you should've been unbanned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread