Banned for "war3source server farming" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderson

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/in...rch=STEAM_0:1:54605227&advType=steamid&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: anderson_0
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54605227
Date and Time of the Ban: 07-22-14 16:09
Reason about the Ban: He has been farming in the war3source mod servers by placing sentries in/at hostile spawn.
Admin that Banned you: Saxton Hale

Now about the situation, I've took a break for 2 days, came back and a quite angry player started telling admins I've been farming war3source servers while placing sentries in hostile spawns - however you can place sentries in the spawn after the new update. Also there is no proof (I don't see any demos or screenshots). Also I can provide screenshots with Lord POOTIS McGraw's hate talk (he was the one who lied to Saxton Hale in the first place about the points farm - sure trust the player who blames everybody of being "noobs and idiots"...

Mister Anderson.
It is not the first "farming" ban on the ban list.
Farming is taken seriously, because players on the War3Mod server have gained the points fair and square.

In case you do not know what "farming" is/means:
"Definition - What does Farming mean?
Farming refers to a gaming tactic where a player performs repetitive actions to gain experience, points or some form of in-game currency. Farming usually involves staying in a game area with a spawn point that generates endless numbers of items or enemies. The player collects the items or continuously kills the enemies for the experience, points and currency.
Farming is also known as gold farming or experience (XP) farming." - Technopedia

It may sound funny, but it is not, when you know the definition of the word that is.

I've seen you myself building Sentries in front of the opposite team's spawn, which is the same as spawncamping.
As you already know (I hope); spawncamping is not allowed, and the consequenses are punishments. I.e. slay, kick and ban.

Have a nice day.

Mister Anderson.
It is not the first "farming" ban on the ban list.
Farming is taken seriously, because players on the War3Mod server have gained the points fair and square.

In case you do not know what "farming" is/means:
"Definition - What does Farming mean?
Farming refers to a gaming tactic where a player performs repetitive actions to gain experience, points or some form of in-game currency. Farming usually involves staying in a game area with a spawn point that generates endless numbers of items or enemies. The player collects the items or continuously kills the enemies for the experience, points and currency.
Farming is also known as gold farming or experience (XP) farming." - Technopedia

It may sound funny, but it is not, when you know the definition of the word that is.

I've seen you myself building Sentries in front of the opposite team's spawn, which is the same as spawncamping.
As you already know (I hope); spawncamping is not allowed, and the consequenses are punishments. I.e. slay, kick and ban.

Have a nice day.
Then running helmet as Sniper should be considered the same, as you are completely eliminating your only enemy by running razorback and peeking your head out from a wall.

You can no longer be:
-Countersniped
-Backstabbed

If you are a decent player you:
-Eliminate all enemy snipers because you literally can not be killed by them
-Wear headphones and use your eyes to spot spies and quickly kill them
-Headshot anything jumping at you
-Position yourself in a way that your team fights off most of the offenders.

If you are going to punish him then I suggest punishing people who run helmet as sniper to get uncounterable free kills, because his sentries can at least EASILY be destroyed by any demoman.

The hell is this - if you're an admin why didn't you take screenshots or post a demo (or by rules ban/slay/kick me normally in the server not a web ban), I never put the sentries on the spawn, I admit I've put them near the spawn when our team captures the last point - but the sentry wouldn't hit you until you go out. Also I've never seen you "DanEdward123" playing on the war3source server (I did however spend 16 days on the server?). Yes I got banned but nobody even looked at my statistics or provided any proof I did it. If you'd just ask how I got points so fast I'd anwser.

Since I'm still in Italy I can't do much. I'll keep it short.

Lord Pootis has been in trouble before for raging and such. I can confirm that one. I will look at his log later to see what he's been doing and if he requires punishment.

On this ban, if Saxton only went on the report he got then that's not enough. I never ban if I only get one report; I need to see it myself or at least get two similar reports from decently credible sources. If you take action after 1 report without proof it's one word vs the other, and the situation is unsolvable.

No clue how long the ban is, but if it's still going on it should be removed.

I don't even see a report, Saxton Hale gave me a free ban without any evidence just by listening to someone in the server.
Saxton laughs his ass off while writing "lel" all the time, what can he actually see?

flikgm.jpg

2qitd7m.jpg

Now this isn't such a big deal since the ban is only 1 week. its not a permanent. also I've seen you break the rules myself aswell. Now some players also had screenshots of you admitting that you were indeed farming. Now the ban is only 1 week, just wait it out.

The hell is this - if you're an admin why didn't you take screenshots or post a demo (or by rules ban/slay/kick me normally in the server not a web ban), I never put the sentries on the spawn, I admit I've put them near the spawn when our team captures the last point - but the sentry wouldn't hit you until you go out. Also I've never seen you "DanEdward123" playing on the war3source server (I did however spend 16 days on the server?). Yes I got banned but nobody even looked at my statistics or provided any proof I did it. If you'd just ask how I got points so fast I'd anwser.
Actually he is right. If you are going to ban someone for a really long time (like this guy for 1 week) you need to get evidence or no ban...

Provide me a screenshot where I put the sentries inside the circled areas or inside the actual hostile spawn (building)

98842.jpg

I play engineer offensively, if the sentry is near the spawn but can't reach the spawned players it's not a rule break.
I'm doing this not only about the 7 days ban, talking to some people is like talking to a brick wall, and I'm sure that if I won't solve this this won't be my only ban.

Not that I saw you do this kind of action and KNEW it was not allowed. Anyways I saw you do it a couple months ago, but I considered not to bother, since the sentries were easy to destroy, just like Inu said.

My name on the forums is not my IGN.

Well, to get something right: I was the first to complain about andersons sudden top2 position. I had only recently begun working my way up to top1 as i was only one place behind. I felt confident that I would be able to make it in a few weeks if I worked hard enough. I remember feeling safe about the people under me because there was quite a bit of point distance. When confronting anderson I wanted to know how he did it, but that turned out to be pointless. The only reasonable conclusion to me seemed that he must have farmed in the meantime (as i had seen him somewhere under me before just mere hours ago). To add to my reasoning: I am the one with the highest point gain usually with only rare exceptions, but anderson isnt one of those exceptions. When he is on the server and I join, depending on how long he was on the server i maybe need an hour or two and then I have more points than him.

Oh and btw.:http://imgur.com/9bsnsSA http://imgur.com/k52EOiS

Last edited:
Now this isn't such a big deal since the ban is only 1 week. its not a permanent. also I've seen you break the rules myself aswell. Now some players also had screenshots of you admitting that you were indeed farming. Now the ban is only 1 week, just wait it out.
Very mature response. So anything that is not a permanent ban is not worth your time? Great!

Well, to get something right: I was the first to complain about andersons sudden top2 position. I had only recently begun working my way up to top1 as i was only one place behind. I felt confident that I would be able to make it in a few weeks if I worked hard enough. I remember feeling safe about the people under me because there was quite a bit of point distance. When confronting anderson I wanted to know how he did it, but that turned out to be pointless. The only reasonable conclusion to me seemed that he must have farmed in the meantime (as i had seen him somewhere under me before just mere hours ago). To add to my reasoning: I am the one with the highest point gain usually with only rare exceptions, but anderson isnt one of those exceptions. When he is on the server and I join, depending on how long he was on the server i maybe need an hour or two and then I have more points than him.

Oh and btw.:http://imgur.com/9bsnsSA http://imgur.com/k52EOiS
Putting the ridiculous chase for meaningless points aside, how was what he did farming and how does your statement prove anything? He is placing a sentry in a strategically advantageous spot, that is not being reached through an exploit, and relies on the players to not bother shooting it...and it works for him. It is not farming because the average player just does not care that they die over and over again and wait for someone else to destroy that sentry whilst frantically trying to leave their spawn in vain.

I don't see how this ban holds any ground at all.

Wait, wait, wait Inu. The situation you described is everyday with anderson, BUT in doesnt result in him gaining exorbitant amounts of points. "People dont mind being killed over and over"? Yeah, tell that to the people ragequitting after last point has been taken over because they kept dying to a damn mini thats ALWAYS there, no matter how many times you destroy it.
By the way of "16" days played: so have I. When i most of the time have a higher point gain than he not even his time played makes sense.

Wait, wait, wait Inu. The situation you described is everyday with anderson, BUT in doesnt result in him gaining exorbitant amounts of points. "People dont mind being killed over and over"? Yeah, tell that to the people ragequitting after last point has been taken over because they kept dying to a damn mini thats ALWAYS there, no matter how many times you destroy it.
By the way of "16" days played: so have I. When i most of the time have a higher point gain than he not even his time played makes sense.
Obviously they don't mind or they'd switch to demoman and deal with the situation at hand.

People ragequit for various reasons, you can not attribute this to one player just because you happen not to like him. I'd have to be banned too for making tons of sniper players ragequit then.

If you take your time to look through both of your player sessions, he has point gains of 3-4K per session, whilst 1-2K are normal for you. He is simply getting more points because he is playing a smart, albeit brutally annoying, playstyle.

>playing a smart, albeit brutally annoying, playstyle
All I can say is I'm happy that hale doesn't play on dm_duel ^_^

Reactions: Kevin
Okay, first of all: most people leaving right after round end are mostly on the team opposite of anderson. He does NOT have 3-4k poits gain per session when im there. I almost always (unless id have to play 4 hours straight) end up on the leaderboard with more points than anyone else and thus, he cannot under any circumstance be gaining more on average than me. The statistics you mention would even count any farming of his. The thought that "hurr durr, i can destroy that sentry and its not gonna pop up again" is just plain dumb. You know how anderson operates? Sentry down->Sentry up, cause why not? Not like he got no metal, cause that regens.

Kill an engineer wielding orb, sure. As what? Demo? Oh, sorry, had to waste all my stickies and nades on those infinite sentries. Not like he is always gonna be able to hit you with his luggermorph as you are either slowed by the engi itself or one of his sentries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread