Banned for cheating? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHT

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/in...rch=STEAM_0:1:27589205&advType=steamid&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: dURP (Usually "DHT", although have several other aliases)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27589205
Date and Time of the Ban: 12-09-14 20:46
Reason about the Ban: Cheating
Admin that Banned you: Solid

Hello all,

I was playing TDM Hightower earlier and, to say the least, was very much being a try-hard (there are ducks to be had, after all). I was suddenly kicked from the game, and when I attempted to re-join I was informed that I had been banned. Yes, I was being a try-hard and perhaps should have been playing the map with the spirit it should be played. However, I can categorically say that I did not, nor have I ever, cheated. Is there something I can do to rectify this situation? I don't feel comfortable being branded a "cheater".

Thank you. :)

Solid is the only one who can reply to this thread. He is however, offline as of now.

I just want to congratulate you on following the template correctly. Does not happen so often.

Oh, I just extended sed ban, hue.

I have no idea of the situation.

(Also wtf do we do with ducks, haven't been in game yet)

Oh, I just extended sed ban, hue.

I have no idea of the situation.

(Also wtf do we do with ducks, haven't been in game yet)

New update; End of the Line community DLC.

Not really sure what I'm expected to say here. You cheated, I banned you. It doesn't have anything to do with "tryharding" (aka the people who play the game how it's supposed to be played) but with the fact that you couldn't hide your cheats well enough.
Sadly, as I've already told Evo, this was the first ban where I didn't record a demo in case someone appeals their ban(due to the obvious nature I didn't think it was necessary).

• Agree
Reactions: Redspike
All I can say is these allegations are simply not true on any level. I have, albeit infrequently, been accused of "hacking/cheating" before; however, it usually gets laughed off by the rest of the guys in the server and we carry on having a good time. I have been playing TF2 since late 2009 and this is the first time I have been banned for anything (let alone "cheating").

Unless there is some evidence of this continued allegation of "cheating", this ban must surely be meaningless?

I don't care about your life story, as it could be completely made up and is thus useless(you know, for example the fact that your steam ID only has 6 results on google). Bans are never "meaningless" and I don't dish them out because I feel like it. I have a lot of experience catching cheaters and your ban was not one that was very hard to decide(where I'd usually need a pov demo).

How can I further appeal this ban, please? Solid evidently has something against me.

You can't "further" appeal it, apart from hoping that people are going to want you unbanned. Solid is Anti-Cheat admin on ETF2L, he's got that going for him. Right now it's just your word versus his so it's up to us to decide what to do with you. We need more input from people.

Solid evidently has something against me.
How can I have something against you when I've never even heard of you before? You might be a little too paranoid there, pal.

I will accept that I did a mistake with this ban, not because I banned someone innocent(as I already said: It was pretty blatant) but because I didn't record the evidence so I could defend my position(in my defense, etf2l doesn't publish any of their evidence since that would undermine the whole ac process). Due to that fact I would be fine with the subject getting unbanned, just do us all a favor and try to hide it better when you're connecting to our servers again :)

All I will say is "thank you" and leave it at that, I guess.

Thank you. :)

So you've been unbanned already? All he said was he'd be fine with it, didn't realise we were at the unbanning stage yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Supreme
So you've been unbanned already? All he said was he'd be fine with it, didn't realise we were at the unbanning stage yet.
I just re-read over this and I'm surprised he got unbanned just like that, I feel there's still some things that need to be asked here.

I think not. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy

I am still banned. I read Solid's post and assumed I was unbanned (I could only just check as I have been at work for the past couple of days).

Well I'm fine with an unban too. I doubt he'd do it again, anyways, now that he knows how attentive we are around here.

I shall do the deed, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread