Accepted Banned for AFKing mid-round while not AFK (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:26487333&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: neobenedict
Steam ID 32 (How to get your Steam ID 32: Click here): STEAM_0:0:26487333
Date and Time of the Ban: 15:53 14th July
Reason about the Ban: "AFK"
Admin that Banned you:DarkWolf
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

Banned for 1 week for "afking" while hale mid-way through a round AS HALE while not actively AFK. I was not AFK the previous rounds either so I'm not sure where this came from.

I didn't ban you however, I have kicked you this week for being afk on red. We appreciate that people make mistakes forget to join spec etc etc. But this is your 4th ban for afk related offenses.

@Darky it is your decision my friend

I didn't ban you however, I have kicked you this week for being afk on red. We appreciate that people make mistakes forget to join spec etc etc. But this is your 4th ban for afk related offenses.

@Darky it is your decision my friend
May I make a suggestion? Install a move to spectate plugin, instead of banning people for a week because they're AFK. Even if in this case I was not AFK and mid-round as hale when banned...

Even skial can do this, come on guys.

I do agree it sucks to get banned for it.

However, being afk in red does ruin the experience of the other players in the server.

It gives hale more hp,.
It forces fail rounds when the afk inevitably ends up as hale without resetting.
Denies the last surviing player crits, because most smart hales will keep afks alive to deny crits.

Neo it sucks and I do agree an afk manager would be super nice. But is it really that hard to join spec, its not like this is a one time thing if it was no problem. But 4 separate bans because you can't press join spec.

The ban was likely given because I informed DarkWolf that I had kicked you a few times recently and a call which I attempted to answer was given reporting you he kicked you as to him it was his first warning, then after a coversation decided to much later on ban you for it.

I do agree it sucks to get banned for it.

However, being afk in red does ruin the experience of the other players in the server.

It gives hale more hp,.
It forces fail rounds when the afk inevitably ends up as hale without resetting.
Denies the last surviing player crits, because most smart hales will keep afks alive to deny crits.

Neo it sucks and I do agree an afk manager would be super nice. But is it really that hard to join spec, its not like this is a one time thing if it was no problem. But 4 separate bans because you can't press join spec.

The ban was likely given because I informed DarkWolf that I had kicked you a few times recently and a call which I attempted to answer was given reporting you he kicked you as to him it was his first warning, then after a coversation decided to much later on ban you for it.
Regardless of anything else, every single round when an admin isn't online seems to have multiple players AFK, you can't be handing out lengthy bans to active players to try and solve this wider issue. Seriously, just push for an AFK manager to be added. You have to be the ones to do that.

I have reduced your ban from a week to 3 days. Please remember to go spectator mode before going AFK. It only takes 3 seconds to do so. These suggestions sound nice, but its up to Kevin if he wishes to add these things or not.

Accepted.

Reactions: Magglet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread