banned by console (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GER]GummiBärJulee

Last edited:
I always wondered what "eye test violation" meant

It means hacking basically. No idea why it's called eye test violation though.

Steam account Name: [GER]GummibaerJulee
Steam ID: Steam_0:1:57361041
Date and Time of the ban: 06-02-14 15:35
Reason: SMAC 0.8.5.2: Eye Test Violation
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=[GER]GummiBärJulee &advType=name

i just got banned by the console while joining the server. I have really no clue why this happends.

i really enjoyed to play on the server and i hope that i will get unbanned soon.
any game modifications?

Eye Test Violation means:
a) You were using FOV beyond what a player can set. If you have plugins/aliases/scripts for easier aim, or that eliminate recoil, or that make it harder to aim at you, your FOV sometimes skips to 180/360 for fraction of a second, and that's where SMAC detects it. For a spectator, it would show as you having a shaky screen.
or
b) You were seeing objects on a map you were not supposed to see from your current point of view. In other words, wallhacking. If your average ping is over 300, Eye Test can sometimes give off a false positive on this, but it's not your case as your average ping is 50 to 100.

I suggest removing all scripts and aliases except keybindings and turning off any third-party software you use for/with tf2.

What server were you trying to join? A little while ago there was this screwup of SMAC that made it prolifically ban people from Jailbreak for no reason. I thought it was fixed / removed there but who knows.

What server were you trying to join? A little while ago there was this screwup of SMAC that made it prolifically ban people from Jailbreak for no reason. I thought it was fixed / removed there but who knows.
it is fixed.

Unbanned.

If it will happen again you will not be unbanned.

Reactions: Kevin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread