Not open for further replies.

theweatherchannel

Name of your Banned Steam Account: theweatherchannel
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:40988677
Date and Time of the Ban: 2016-12-13 00:12:24
Reason about the Ban: Marked as a Steamrep Scammer
Admin that Banned you: Console, automatic

Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

Hi there! I tried to join your servers tonight to find an alternative to Uncletopia. I found that I was banned, and upon researching the ban, I found out I had been banned several years ago for being marked as a steam rep scammer.

Here's a little context on the steamrep ban:

I was in a raffle group, and there was a moderator who was using the old steam groupchat system to raffle off a Strange L'etranger. After being annoying in the chat, I changed my name to the winner's name and messaged the guy, who instantly reported me to steamrep. I was 13 years old.

I tried to appeal on steamrep, but the ban appeal I submitted for Steamrep happened when I was maybe 14?, so I didn't make any sort of convincing argument, nor were the admins really keen on listening. You only get one chance to appeal and then you're marked forever. The admin who banned me has long-been kicked out of the Steamrep community for stealing glitched Vintage Earbuds. Went by the name of "Ty An Wobbi" and after getting away from TF2, I'm not sure if his account even exists anymore.

In any case, this Steamrep Scammer marking was put on my account about a decade ago. I haven't been involved with trading for a very long time.

I was wondering if there was any way to get this lifted. I just wanna play TF2 without bots, man.

Thank you for reading. :)

Reactions: Fredo
Unfortunately without your steamrep tag removed there is nothing that can be done. If we did unban you, console will ban you again as soon as you join.

You'll just have to keep trying with steamrep. I see your appeal is 8 years old, perhaps speaking with a steamrep admin directly may help? If you've all ready tried all possible routes with steamrep, then not much can be done about it as we don't have a whitelist and don't plan to remove steamrep's affiliation.

So I have to decline your appeal, but good luck with steamrep. If your tag does get changed, feel free to post again your appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread