Not open for further replies.

Fussica

SourceBans Ban URL: here
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Fussica
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:0:125226474
Date and Time of the Ban: 2022-04-27 12:23:07
Reason about the Ban: Exploiting +right
Admin that Banned you: AnOwOn
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: I had no idea that typing a command "+right" results in ban, I got no warning that it is a bannable thing, it isnt said anywhere that it's taken as exploiting.

Hello Fussica, all I will say is that this is not the first, second, third nor fourth time you do this, and we both know it. I've been warning people for almost a month now that using +right/+left/any other AFK movement strategies to avoid being moved into spectator mode is against the rules (it falls under the exploiting section). You have been warned quite a few times yourself and, if you are not aware of those warns for whatever reason, I have seen you online when I warned and kicked other people for that same reason (like I did with Ingenius1 today). This situation is comparable being given a fine for driving over the speed limit and then blaming the officer and the circulation rules because you didn't see the speed limit signs.

When the server is full I usually kick people who have been in spectator for a while to free up some player slots, but if people like you do this exploit, they are never moved to spectator mode and there is no way to tell if they are AFK unless I manually go on spectator looking for people doing it. This exploit also messes up the balance of the teams and, if the server is full (as it was this time I banned you), it is again hogging player slots for people who are going to be actively playing the game.

I firmly believe this punishment is well-deserved and you should wait the 12 hours in full.

I've never seen you warn about "+right" command and that it's a bannable thing if used, if I were to see it I'd obviously wouldn't test you by doing it right infront of you and even if, you should just warn or kick me, instead of straight up banning me for something like this.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Mikey and Snovarcho
you should just warn or kick me, instead of straight up banning me for something like this.
You have been warned quite a few times yourself and, if you are not aware of those warns for whatever reason, I have seen you online when I warned and kicked other people for that same reason (like I did with Ingenius1 today)

As I said, I've never seen you warn anyone not even me, only thing you did was kick me for being in spec for few mins, and it doesnt hurt to warn me again. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Snovarcho
As I said, I've never seen you warn anyone not even me, only thing you did was kick me for being in spec for few mins, and it doesnt hurt to warn me again. ;)
I mean, it doesn't hurt warning, no. But it's the 6th time I've seen you doing it this month. I've warned you 4 times, kicked you 5 for this reason (first time I didn't warn as I didn't know I had to warn for it). Just how many warnings must I issue for you to understand that it's considered an exploit and it's against the rules?

Well obviously if you see me doing "+right" that means that im either not looking at my screen or im alttabbed so i cant exactly see the warning you apparently gave me, so you should either wait for me to be back and then warn me about it or kick me, and as I said I've never been kicked for "+right", whenever i did that i came back to the game and played normally.

Just so it's clear as I've repeated this now in all sort of places but to make it official:

Being AFK is not bannable. Using +right +left or anything else that leads to bypass the intended plugin feature of being moved to spectator is not allowed.

So being afk while only ever lead to a kick . Never a ban or at least for now. If we have to make a thread about it sure but I know that majority of the team and players don't want to be banned for being afk. It's a silly thing to get punished over.

If you want to not be moved to spectator when afk, you have to donate. That feature is only intended for donators (doesn't work for admins).

So I've talked with the team to make what we're punishing is clear and also told them to reflect that within their warnings.
If what anon said is true about the warnings he gave you, you must of known at least something was up. Maybe you only thought these kicks where due to you just being AFK and nothing to do with you using +right. Anon stated that he did try but we came to the conclusion that, hopefully, waiting for the bypasser to come back to then warn them might be a better first solution. We want these warns to be clear and directed now. If the admin can't stick around, then I've given options to what they can do before they leave.

After a while of enforcing this, I'm sure the regulars of 2fort will adapt to this situation as it wasn't clear stated by Fussica and others. I'm hoping me saying this makes it clear. I will slide this into the rules under exploiting silently in the explanation so it's clear their too.

So we've decided we're just going to remove the punishment and clearly enforce this rule now. Anon is not in trouble as, according to him, he did warn but I will be checking logs later about this.
I'm hoping regulars read this and start helping making this common knowledge. Please do not get confused about being afk with using +right +left or anything else to bypass being moved to spectator. Also please don't start using +right when afk as donator to trick admins. Players will also see you doing this and thinking it's allowed without realising your status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread