Accepted Ban Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatiacy

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=phatiacy&advType=name
Name of your Banned Steam Account: phatiacy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:191241315
Date and Time of the Ban: 01-20-19 18:50
Reason about the Ban: "Cheating"
Admin that Banned you: Lighty
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:

Greetings,
I've been banned a little over 2 years ago, being accused of cheating on dodgeball. I never had the chance to respond to any of the accusations as I was both very busy at the time and I've quit TF2 for a while.

I've returned some time ago and tried to join a MGE server only to remember that I was banned a few years ago. As I found out before posting this, the admin in question has stepped down from his position. Still, he provided a video with supposed evidence which I'd like to address as the thread was locked as soon as the admin replied.

(the old thread - https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ban-appeal.18726/)
(the evidence video -
)

1. "You airblast rockets without trouble at all" - don't see how this is compelling evidence
2. "You just look in the general direction and wait" - it's just the way I play. I'm not obliged to move all of the time. Furthermore, you can see me moving when the rocket is too difficult to reflect because of high speeds. As long as I considered it easy to reflect I kept still. (can be seen at 1:12 and also at the end, where I jump down because I realize the rocket is moving too fast)
3. "If the rocket went in a different angle you'd airblast but overshoot" - I use a very high sensitivity (800 dpi 7 sens in game to be exact); can be seen at around 1:54 in the video, fast movements and my crosshair "skips" pixels, which is only possible on very high sensitivities. Also can be seen at 1:59 in the rapid twitching, anyone that has used high sens will know how common this is; it's simply hard to make small adjustments.
4. "Near the end you look down and expect to reflect, but you didn't airblast, you keep looking down looking like you're struggling and then finally airblast it once it orbits around" - You can see I look down at the rocket, indeed getting ready to airblast, but I realize the rocket was going to go under me so I just wait for it to circle around and then airblast.
5. "Before falling down and panicking on the last airblast." - As stated before, I jump down so I'm able to move. I don't really see the panicking but even if would be there I still don't see how that is relevant.

Hopefully this can clear up some of suspicions that were raised in the evidence video. If for any reason I can not get unbanned I'd like to kindly ask if I can at least get access to the MGE servers. As stated in the old post, I don't spend that much time on the dodgeball servers and I can see how my playstyle was able to raise questions. I've seen many older players adopt this playstyle from time to time (standing still, waiting for the rocket and only moving when the situation requires it) and I've simply decided to try it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm sorry if this is more text than you usually get.

Considering the video isn't that obvious to me I'm willing to accept this appeal.
You didn't play on our serv since a long time, I'd advise you to read our rules to keep you updated!

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread