Accepted Ban Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

>83

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=>83&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account: ( •_•)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163838580
Date and Time of the Ban:
2019-08-27 00:32:07
Reason about the Ban:Duplicate account
Admin that Banned you: Console
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
My brother was bored and his friends told him to try out this tf2 hack, on my pc. He's been using it for about 2 days and got bored. When I was able to use my pc again, I found out I've been banned on panda. I dont really have proof that it wasn't me, but i've been a member of panda and been playing tf2 for awhile and was top 10 on tx dodgeball. I have no interest in hacking and no reason to. I'll keep a better eye on him and hope this doesn't happen again.

I've seen you around since the time I came back to Panda, and you've never seemed suspect to me; that being said, I'm going to be kind and give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being and assume it really was your brother. I'm looking into the issue currently, and messaging another Admin to see what should be done about the situation. Give us a bit of time, and we'll get back to you with a definitive answer. Thank you.

Surely if it was your brother being bored he has a main account of his own. Would you mind linking us his account? Preferably with some sort of acknowledgement of the situation in the profile description.

I will vouch for 83, he's been around as long as I have with TX DB, and I can't say I have ever found him suspicious.

I am the one who banned the alternate account for cheating. I have the demo courtesy of @Agent C if anyone cares to see it.
(STEAM_0:1:512921494) is the alt.

The player who was banned, was most certainly cheating. I joined the server after Agent had already recorded, and it was obvious.
I did also check for alts, which is when I found 83's profile.

Unfortunately, you are correct, a person cannot prove that they are not cheating.
Also unfortunate, the excuse of a sibling is far too common to warrant unbans for any and every case.

So for sake of conclusions, please explain what steps you are taking to keep your brother off of your computer.

I will also need to remind you, if your brother gets another ip ban, your account will be flagged as well.
Another appeal for the same reason will not be accepted.

This was his account before it got hacked. I can change my pass and whenever he wants to play i'll know when to monitor him.

So after he got hacked he didn't make a new proper account in 2 years and then got bored and made a random account to cheat in tf2? And out of all things he decides to cheat on a dodgeball server his brother plays on?
All of that on August 25, which coincidentally was when you last played?
Sorry, but without any more from your side I call bullshit on that entire story. Ultimately I'm not the one who issued the ban though.

Also I'd like to ask why you waited over a week to create the appeal. I assume you just didn't know how to appeal here.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: TRGGB2 and PNN
Correctly criticized Zep, I told him to create the appeal if he cares about his standings, but two weeks late does suggest apathy.

The bans are sequential from the 26th to the 27th. Not sure where you got the 25th from.

And the same server coincidence is pure speculation, but his brother has probably seen him playing on it before.
There's just no way for any of us to have those answers though.

It's obvious we have some grey area about this type of appeal, but I think we can still come to a consensus.

Either his brother is a shit head, or it's an excuse for being an inexperienced cheater.

>83 has been playing for a long while, and unless the cheats are brand new, he's been flying under my radar for potentially years.

I'm going to leave this appeal open for another week or so, any further thoughts are welcome.

If accepted, from that point forward >83 will most certainly be observed more carefully, no questions about it.

The bans are sequential from the 26th to the 27th. Not sure where you got the 25th from.
I was referring to his sessions as the bans weren't the first time the cheater connected.
>83's sessions:
1570519802070.png

The cheaters sessions:
1570519827711.png

Although, there's about 7hrs delay between the 2 connections. Taken from the name history.
>83
1570520424221.png

cheater
1570520438855.png

There's also some relation between the old main account of his brother and >83 in terms of names as >83 renamed himself to hehehahahihi after the old main was last online in 2017. Whether that is a coincidence, means his brother has previously played on his account or they're both his accounts that I don't know.

>83 has been playing for a long while, and unless the cheats are brand new, he's been flying under my radar for potentially years.
I wouldn't go as far as suggesting he's been cheating on >83, though cheating on an alt out of boredom and using his brother as a scapegoat does sound very plausible to me.

None of the things I listed clearly tell he's cheating, the brother story may very well be true. I'd just personally like to hear some explanations for those relations.

• Agree
Reactions: Pricholas
Lack of feedback isn't great, case is standstill.

I have some gripes about this appeal, but there isn't much more to say.
Please stress to your brother if you care about playing on any particular servers.. If he is going to keep cheating, IP bans will count against both of you.
If you are banned again for the same reason, any appeal will be denied.

Accepting and moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread