IceStick

Hi!

SourceBans Ban URL: Here
Name of your Banned Steam Account: IxeStick
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41929382
Date and Time of the Ban: 07-21-17 18:33
Reason about the Ban: Stealing when no admin is on
Admin that Banned you: @Lighty
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: 3 days for stealing 2 times fully knowing an admin is on is unjust.
I would've stolen those rockets with an admin on or without one on.

#4 , #19, #29 & USA – Dodgeball:

No stealing or attempting to steal / intercept rockets.
Only attempt to airblast the rocket after hearing the sentry activation noise, unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying. This does not include standing still and airblasting when the rocket comes close or moving toward the rocket and then airblasting.

"unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying."

Seldom do admins pay attention to that bit, especially Lighty. He creates rules out of nowhere, such as: "stealing is allowed if you're next to someone else (walling.)"
While I understand the power an admin has to create rules as they please, I don't understand the power they think they have by nullifying rules as their hearts desire.

I have never been banned for stealing, and 3 days is too much, even for a "strict" and officious admin such as the notorious Lighty.

If Lighty wants my demo for that entire session, I'd be happy to provide it.
One last thing, Lighty, that last rocket I stole was due to the fact someone was literally walking behind me, a fact that you probably aren't aware of since you seemingly care about raising your bar among your peers more than you care about a fair gameplay. I will steal if my team wishes my death by their rockets.

Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: Mon
So you think stealing after round start is fair? You think stealing the rocket while it goes past you is fair? It was nowhere near close enough to you to kill you.

So you think stealing after round start is fair? You think stealing the rocket while it goes past you is fair? It was nowhere near close enough to you to kill you.
At the beginning of the round, you say? You meant the one that was above me? Someone was behind me (or rather to my left) and had it impacted them, I would've been affected.
The last one was close enough to get me killed if it hit the person behind me. If you're oblivious to basic Panda Dodgeball physics then you honestly need to play on the server you're supposed to administrate more often.

• Agree
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
Guess that demo would be handy now.

EDIT: also to chip in on the walling business: how is that stealing? Technically the system considers blasting any rocket that isn't yours stealing, but we have brains and can see whether or not something was stealing.

If someone gets forced taunt and I can deflect the rocket for them? I'll take that.
If someone and I are walling by pure consent? I'll take that.
If someone orbits for way too long and no admin is around? I'll take that.

Those aren't stealing. Those are saving, sharing and taking by necessity, respectively.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty and Mon
At the beginning of the round, you say? You meant the one that was above me? Someone was behind me (or rather to my left) and had it impacted them, I would've been affected.
The last one was close enough to get me killed if it hit the person behind me. If you're oblivious to basic Panda Dodgeball physics then you honestly need to play on the server you're supposed to administrate more often.

One round you attempted to steal it and the next round you did steal it. Didn't want to get killed that way? Don't walk right in front of your teammates, you can always walk away from there quickly enough before that happens.

The last one wasn't close enough to get you killed nor the person jumping around you. If you realized that before it happened you could've moved away, but you stayed right in place. I do allow saving if the rocket goes directly towards you and is indeed gonna hit you. However I do not allow stealing at the start of the round if the simple solution is moving in another direction instead of intentionally stealing, nor do I allow stealing after the rocket almost hits you and you don't move.

He creates rules out of nowhere, such as: "stealing is allowed if you're next to someone else (walling.)"
I did not create the rule, it is written in the gameserver rules thread
1. It is allowed to "wall" (statue as a group).

I have never been banned for stealing, and 3 days is too much, even for a "strict" and officious admin such as the notorious Lighty.
I don't take players that steal after an admin leaves nicely.

If you provide the demo and I find that I did a mistake, I'll happily remove it. For now I'm against this appeal.

Guess that demo would be handy now.

http://puu.sh/wPuCf/69ca5c0bb3.dem enjoy.

If someone gets forced taunt and I can deflect the rocket for them? I'll take that.
If someone and I are walling by pure consent? I'll take that.
If someone orbits for way too long and no admin is around? I'll take that.

Those aren't stealing. Those are saving, sharing and taking by necessity, respectively.
Haha, nice ones. Too bad we get punished for doing those.

One round you attempted to steal it and the next round you did steal it. Didn't want to get killed that way? Don't walk right in front of your teammates, you can always walk away from there quickly enough before that happens.
So jumping and moving my view is considered an attempt? That's nice.

The last one wasn't close enough to get you killed nor the person jumping around you. If you realized that before it happened you could've moved away, but you stayed right in place. I do allow saving if the rocket goes directly towards you and is indeed gonna hit you.
I'm sure that one player that argued over them being in the way of a speeding rocket would disagree with you. You could check my demo for that, too.
So I ought to be inclined to move away from someone that keeps aiming at me, and a player that constantly goes behind me, yeah?

I did not create the rule, it is written in the gameserver rules thread
Thanks for enlightening me, apparently the rules that get spammed on the server aren't all that useful.

Haha, nice ones. Too bad we
get punished for doing those.
You don't actually, if an admin punishes you for doing these things (except the last one) please tell it to a full admin that plays on db servers, better yet their mentor.

Tick 19800 that is a steal that was in no way a threat to you, neither was the one at 48100 unless you moved to the right.
Tick ~50500 You were close to an enemy which is not a problem, the problem here is you were airblasting after every rocket that came to them. 114700 you steal the rocket intentionally 118800 the rocket missed both of you and you missed the rocket. At 119001 it would have missed you and killed the person next to you, not hurting you at all.

I did not mention every steal in the demo as some or most are saves by some degree. Constantly airblasting at the rocket is attempting to steal which is still a bannable offense, you did that all the way throughout the demo until I joined.
Re-read the rules
No stealing or attempting to steal / intercept rockets.
Only attempt to airblast the rocket after hearing the sentry activation noise, unless you absolutely have to save yourself from dying. This does not include standing still and airblasting when the rocket comes close or moving toward the rocket and then airblasting.

Examples of Stealing:

1. Going after and attempting to airblast every rocket even without having heard the sentry alert.
2. Reflecting the rocket in spite of being able to avoid it.
3. Positioning yourself badly and then repeatedly stealing the rocket when it comes toward you instead of moving.

and from the blocking part
1. Getting close to an enemy and immediately returning their rocket when it's not yours.

I am still against this appeal. Other admins feedback is appreciated.

and from the blocking part
I was on my side, so they came to me. I can't predict the future; I wouldn't have been able to tell when they were going to switch to me. I didn't go in front of them and attempted to steal.

you did that all the way throughout the demo until I joined.
More like I stopped moving when you joined, because I've been slain before for literally jumping in the middle of the map, the reason? "Attempting to steal." Yes, I do act differently when an admin is on, not because I'm acting in a wrongful manner when they aren't, but rather because some admins are blind and refuse to be argued with.

I did not mention every steal in the demo as some or most are saves by some degree.
Thank you, just to support my claim that I don't steal just to ruin everyone else's fun time, which is why the rule was put there, I presume.

114700 you steal the rocket intentionally 118800 the rocket missed both of you and you missed the rocket.
How can a steal not be intentional? I'm not forced to play the game.
The rocket missed us and I couldn't blast it? You do realize that you're watching a replay of a game. I don't know about you, but I personally can't always calculate the path of a rocket while I'm playing the game itself. I couldn't have known it was going to miss, so I just took the safe route and attempted to steal it.

Tick ~50500 You were close to an enemy which is not a problem, the problem here is you were airblasting after every rocket that came to them.
I can do that if I'm expecting a switch, can I not? If not, then I humbly apologize for my wrongdoing.

Tick 19800 that is a steal that was in no way a threat to you, neither was the one at 48100 unless you moved to the right.
I'm not infallible; I do break the rules at times.

Be against the appeal if you want to, as I'm not asking for it to be completely revoked.
I don't take players that steal after an admin leaves nicely.
Neither did GameME announce your disconnection, nor did you say some witty sentence before you had allegedly left like I've always seen you do.
3 days is too much for someone that knew you were on and has no priors regarding this matter.

I have reviewed the whole demo and noted the following ticks:
7000 - steal attempt
19700 - steal, no way it would've hit him
24700 - reflex steal attempt that was very far from him
~30000 - defensive blasts against rockets that might hit him since is standing on the side (positioning and high ping can be blamed)
34800 - steal attempt (someone orbiting next to him, but was clearly far enough not to hit him)
38200 - steal attempt, clearly wasn't going to hit him
38550 - steal, would've hit him, or was very close
39220 - steal, someone was about to orbit the rocket into him while he was standing still
39380 - steal attempt, clearly wasn't going to hit him
48000 - steal, wasn't going to hit him
49500 - defensive steal while he was on the enemy's side
51500 - airblasts while he is behind red and steals, can be considered blocking blocking if he got any closer
66700 - steal attempt, clearly wasn't going to hit him, but the fear of being is somewhat understandable as he was standing on another pyro
69300 - similar to 34800
69900-72000 - he knew EKIN was behind him far enough that if EKIN died, he wouldn't have, was clearly not going to hit him, multiple attempts and steals after while EKIN was too far for walling.
103200 - attempt, was far away from him
114900 - steal, was clearly not going to hit him
116600 - attempt, clearly not going to hit him
119000 - steal, was clearly not going to hit him

Some of these may be explained and justified since your extremely high sensitivity makes it a bit annoying to judge. Anyone is free to review these ticks and give their inputs, but after reviewing the demo, the ban is justified in my opinion. However, since it's only his second ban and his last ban was 2 years ago, I wouldn't mind reducing it to a day.

Some of these may be explained and justified since your extremely high sensitivity makes it a bit annoying to judge.
That makes two of us.

the ban is justified in my opinion.
I've never said it wasn't. I deserved the ban, just not the duration.

However, since it's only his second ban and his last ban was 2 years ago, I wouldn't mind reducing it to a day.
May I add that it was for a completely different reason that I've disputed, as well.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate the time you've put into making your post.

2 admins are to keep it at 3d, 1 is to reduce it to 1d. But I'm reducing it to 2 days.
You know the rules so follow them.

Closed and Accepted

Don't be an ass to any admins, I might take your next ban appeal less nicely if you don't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread