Declined Arrow's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrow

Banned
- Your name and/or nickname:
  • My nickname is Arrow, my real life name is Tom.

- Your age:
  • I am 16 years old, but in my honest opinion i am usually quite mature, especially online.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
  • No permission required.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:107753551
  • Steam32 ID: 215507102
  • Steam64 ID: 76561198175772830

- Your general online times and your timezone
  • I am 16 years old, which means i have quite a lot of free time, I'm usually on any time between (weekdays) 17:00 and 23:00 GMT, mixing my time between tf2 and Payday 2 but mostly tf2. On weekends I go on whenever i feel like it, usually after 11:00 or 12:00 GMT. I usually spend about 2-4 hours each day on Panda servers depending on how much work (if any) i have.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
  • I usually play on dodgeball servers #04 and #19, but I would definitely go to another non-dodgeball server if a report came up and check it out. I have before gone on jailbreak and Freak Fortress servers quite a lot (although not Panda, but I'm clear on the rules there).

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes, but i rarely use it as i prefer to type, but i would use if it necessary.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
  • I have none, but I have learnt a lot from other Panda admins about how to manage servers and players.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
  • No, but im familiar with at least the basic commands which are necessary for admin work (ban, kick, gag).

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
  • I believe you should choose me because I am regularly on quite a lot, and have a generally good experience with dodgeball admins both on Panda and other servers. I rarely break the rules such as stealing or spamming, unless I had no choice such as about to be sniped with a rocket. I type in chat a fair amount and try to be on good terms with many of the regulars, and I am very helpful with new players when they ask questions about the game mode. I am also open to playing on various servers if a report comes up, it wouldn't bother me at all if I had to switch servers many times per session.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
  • I have little tolerance for stealers (unless justified), and I would do as any other dodgeball admin does, slay the player and give a reason for the slay. After 4 or 5 steals, and them not learning anything that I told them not to do, I would ban the player for 1-2 days or so, and then more if they continue to steal even more times after that. Likely wouldn't perma ban someone for stealing however.
  • If i catch a player being racist or homophobic i will instantly gag or ban for a few days depending on the severity of the word/phrase they used. An extremely rude racial comment would result in a permanent gag in my opinion, but I would consult an admin to see how to punish this.
  • I don't mind mic spamming, as long as they're not screaming into the mic, playing a song on their mic or having their mic constantly on so that it repeats every noise the game makes such as sentry beeps when the rocket comes to them which always confuses me and other players. Mic spamming like this would get a week mute.
  • Cheating would obviously get a permanent ban, i don't have any leniency for cheaters.
  • Teamkilling will result in a warning at first, then a 1 day ban and if i continue to see them teamkilling, the ban will increase in time.
(If any admins have a different approach to their punishments, I would appreciate if they would tell me any better and fairer ways to punish these things, as I know some of them are quite harsh in comparison to other people's views on punishments)

Here is the goods:

(DB #4)
Gameme
Sessions - 2 days 02:44:33 hours
Chat
https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/2570197
(DB #19)
Gameme
Sessions - 3 days 07:41:18 hours
Chat

Zero bans
Comms (one from 2016)

I thought this user was somebody else who uses the same alias until I saw you are from EU.
I won't have a lot of input here, but there is nothing screaming wrong with your application.
Your chat doesn't have anything too obviously sensitive.
You technically need another day of server time to apply for #4, but that's more or less up to the big boys upstairs.
You also have the bare minimum of game time to apply for #19.
This isn't a necessarily a problem, but it certainly doesn't suggest you are a veteran to the server.

Whenever staff is accepted to the team they will receive guidelines which does include suggested ban times.
Your policies seems close enough that you would be easy to mold to proper punishments.
Don't think homophobia is a reason to be gagged, that is somebody's opinion. Hate speech on gays would be very different.

I'm way less familiar with the servers and the staff for dodgeball overseas. So I'll leave it to them.
Good luck either way, I don't think my opinion has any weight here. ( ͜。 ͡ʖ ͜。)

Here is the goods:
Don't think homophobia is a reason to be gagged, that is somebody's opinion. Hate speech on gays would be very different.

That is essentially what i meant by homophobia, just depends on what exactly they say

I play with this young lad all the time (for last few months), and I can say only good thing about him.
Good player and well behaved.
+1
Good luck

I haven't played with the player all too much so I cannot form an opinion as of yet. Staying NEUTRAL for now.

Played with this guy a bit now and he is a decent person who follows the rules. Punishments need refining, but that is easily learned and will be taught (player acknowledges this). I will keep an eye out for this player more and see how he acts in game. Remaining Neutral for now.::pandaspy::

Changed punishments:

Mic Spam
  1. 1/2 Warnings (depending on how bad it is)
  2. 240 mins
  3. 480 mins
  4. 720 mins
  5. 1440 mins
  6. Perm
Chat Spam
  1. 1/2 Warnings (depending on how bad it is)
  2. 240 mins
  3. 480 mins
  4. 720 mins
  5. 1440 mins
  6. Perm
Cheating:
  1. Perm with demo
Stealing/Attempting to steal
  1. Warning
  2. 3 slays
  3. 480 mins
  4. 720 mins
  5. 1440 mins
  6. 10080 mins
Insulting
  1. Warning
  2. 240 mins gag/mute
  3. 480 mins gag/mute
  4. 720 mins gag/mute
  5. 1440 mins gag/mute
  6. Perma gag/mute
Racism
  1. 720 mins gag/mute
  2. 1440 mins gag/mute
  3. Perma gag/mute
Blocking (bit unsure on this one)
  1. Warning
  2. 3 Slays
  3. 240 mins
  4. 480 mins
  5. 720 mins
Call abuse
  1. Warning
  2. 480 mins
  3. 720 mins
  4. 1440 mins
Map abuse
  1. Warning
  2. Slay
  3. 480 mins
  4. 720 mins
  5. 1440 mins
Inappropriate spray
  1. Warning/request to change spray
  2. Spray ban
Foreign language
  1. Warning
  2. 480 mins gag/mute
  3. 720 mins gag/mute
  4. 1440 mins gag/mute
  5. 10080 mins gag/mute
  6. Perma gag/mute
Offensive name
  1. Kick and request to change name
  2. 480 mins
  3. 720 mins
  4. 1440 mins
If i missed anything please tell me and I'll add them to the list

• Creative
Reactions: TBotV63
Applicant wont be much online from Thursday to Sunday because he is moving houses.

Applicant decided to retract their app
You may reapply in 1 month time
Closed and declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread