Accepted Application for Jailbreak-Server (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Bread

• Name/Nickname: My Name is Jakob. My Steam name is Black†Bread.
  • Permission to apply: Don't need permission because I am 16.
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19992930
  • Online Times and Timezone:
    Timezone: Central European Time Zone(UTC + 1:00)

Online Times: On Summer I come online between 12-13:00. When the school starts I will be online after 16:00 pm.
  • Servers where I am playing and Server where I wish to apply for:
    The most of the time in TF2, I play on the Jailbreak-Server. The other servers haven't I visited yet.
    I want to apply for the Jailbreak-Server.
  • Microphone: Yes, I have a microphone but I dont use it very much.
  • Experience as Admin or Moderator: I Never were an Admin or a Moderator.
  • Experience with Administrating with SourceMod:
    I know a few commands but I try to learn other commands.
  • Why I should be a part of the team:
    I should be a part of the team because I am a friendly player and sometimes when I play on the Jailbreak-Server and no one of the admins are online, I see so many players getting freekilled and I want to help them.
  • How I would do my job:
    Spamming:
    30 minutes mute. When the same is spamming again after 30 minutes, then a 60 minutes mute.
    Swearing: First give him a warning. When he does it again, he/she whould get a 2-3 hour ban.
    Freekilling: When he does a mistake and can explain why he killed him, slay or he kills himself. When he is massive freekilling, ban.
    No Mic: If he/she doesn't have a microphone but doesn't freekill, Guardban for 1 hour If he/she doesn't have a mic and is freekilling, ban.

the "how i would do my job" part is really short, but for me it really isn't a problem reguarding Black Bread. black bread is a jailbreak usual and a verry good player. he has a verry good knowledge of jailbreak rules and jailbreak lost most of it's admins and is in need of admins now. Black Bread would be wealcome in the team.
+1

Your chatlogs looks fine, however I wanna comment on something in your application.

''Swearing: First give him a warning. When he does it again, he/she whould get a 2-3 hour ban.'' You would ban him for 2-3 hours for swearing? That seems a bit harsh in my opinion, since a gag/mute would do the job perfectly. Of course, it all depends on what level it is, if it's racism or something like that, perhaps I would agree, but just regular swearing, that's too harsh in my opinion.

''No Mic: If he/she doesn't have a microphone but doesn't freekill, Guardban for 1 hour If he/she doesn't have a mic and is freekilling, ban.'' Hmm, guardbanning a warden who doesn't have a mic for 1 hour is too light of a punishment I believe, since basically having no mic while being the warden, is ruining the game for everybody else, for not being able to carry out the tasks he's supposed to properly. I would personally ask him if he had a mic, and if he replied no, I would guardban him for a day, so that he has time to find one somewhere in his house.

And as OxyGene said, your job description has been done very short, and could probably need some more effort, if you ask me.

Neutral for now.

''No Mic: If he/she doesn't have a microphone but doesn't freekill, Guardban for 1 hour If he/she doesn't have a mic and is freekilling, ban.'' Hmm, guardbanning a warden who doesn't have a mic for 1 hour is too light of a punishment I believe, since basically having no mic while being the warden, is ruining the game for everybody else, for not being able to carry out the tasks he's supposed to properly. I would personally ask him if he had a mic, and if he replied no, I would guardban him for a day, so that he has time to find one somewhere in his house.
in my opinion, a one houre guard ban is fine. a guard ban is in minutes spent ALIVE, you know how much it is difficult to stay alive on jailbreak.

Yeah alright, didn't take that into consideration. But still, an hour spent alive? Would he really be able to get a mic in 2 hours, if he says he doesn't have one?

yes you got a point there, but applying this logic, the best would be a perm guard ban everytime until the banned gets a microphone.

Maybe it is too short but it is possible that he forgot to turn on the microphone

I've seen you a few times on Jailbreak, except it was a long time ago. You're a nice guy to hang around with. Staying Neutral until further notice.

yes you got a point there, but applying this logic, the best would be a perm guard ban everytime until the banned gets a microphone.

Yes, it is. People are always much too soft with these things.

If there's a 10-year old kid screaming in his horrible mic, why would you settle for anything less than a perm? "It's the first offence" and "It's harsh" are simply bad arguments to use, because there is no way anyone with a very immature voice or with a horrible microphone will fix their problems if you give them a punishment of a week. It's not something you can just go ahead and fix by improving anything. Actually, that is possible in the case of a bad microphone, but even then I still say give them a long punishment with the opportunity of an unmute if they report that they ave a new microphone.

Punishments don't always have to reflect the severity of a crime, but they should reflect an adequate solution to a problem. And a short mute is not an adequate solution to an immature voice or a bad microphone. Long ones are.

Reactions: daguywithdashadow
Yes, it is. People are always much too soft with these things.

If there's a 10-year old kid screaming in his horrible mic, why would you settle for anything less than a perm? "It's the first offence" and "It's harsh" are simply bad arguments to use, because there is no way anyone with a very immature voice or with a horrible microphone will fix their problems if you give them a punishment of a week. It's not something you can just go ahead and fix by improving anything. Actually, that is possible in the case of a bad microphone, but even then I still say give them a long punishment with the opportunity of an unmute if they report that they ave a new microphone.

Punishments don't always have to reflect the severity of a crime, but they should reflect an adequate solution to a problem. And a short mute is not an adequate solution to an immature voice or a bad microphone. Long ones are.
well, i changed my mind while reading this, i agree with you there. nevermind what i said before.

Here have a +0 to this list.

Hi Black Break good to see you again, I have to admit that you have some great time spend on the Jailbreak server and that your behaviour to other players is decent.
I see that your punishment list lacks a lot of information and the punishments itself could use some more effort, but this can all be helped trough mentoring.
I never seen you using your mic, and never seen you on the BLU team either.
Something tells me that you rather stay as a player then actually stand a step off the game itself to go to spectator to administrate when it's needed, I could be wrong!

The reason why I give you the +0 is actually because of your Application, It lacks information and personality.
I am open to Mentor you if you get accepted, we definitely have to work on your punishments.

Side Note: none of the Admins are online? I try my best to keep up the good work, It's almost a full time job if you see the time I spend on Jailbreak.

So after looking at him being warden/gameplay I am pretty pleased with what I saw. Though the application is short, he seems to pretty much sum up what we need to know well. Policies have had some thought into it, and with that +1 from Oxygene I'm pretty happy to give you a shot. I'm not sure why Wolf is holding back on you (Except for the application) but he seems happy take you on.
So with everything said, I'll give my +1.
And with that;

Accepted! Welcome to the team ::):
You will receive powers on Panda-Community.com TF2 #17 [Jailbreak|gameME] and your mentor will be @Wolf . Though, currently Wolf is on vacation I think? So just ask me questions for now, or @OxyGenE if he's still knocking about.
Please add @Kevin on steam, as he is responsible for your admin rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread