Accepted Application for #6 & #10 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spAce

• Your name and/or nickname: spAce
  • Your age: 20 years.
  • Your SteamID2: STEAM_0:1:41039466
  • Who gave you permission to apply?
I am 20 years old and I have been told that I don’t need to get approval.​

• Your general online times and your time zone.
GMT +5:30, Indian Standard Time. I am generally online around 2 pm to 5 pm in the evening and 9 pm to 11 pm in the night.​

• Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I wish to apply for HighTower #6 and #10. I would gladly like to lend my two cents on other servers since I seek to help this community as a whole.​

• Do you have a microphone?
I do have one but I don’t really use it, would happily use it if it's a necessity.​

• Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator.
Not in Team Fortress 2 community, but if it counts I used to be administrator in games such as San Andreas Multiplayer and some authoritative experience in Minecraft.​

• Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Sadly no, but I do know what and how to do (such as; commands) and also I am always very keen to learn new stuff.​

• Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
It’s a trick question to answer, I spend majority to all of my time in Panda servers since they are the most stable ones for me to play on and generally the only servers where I find where sane people. I am also a very active player on both the HighTower servers (roughly 375~ hours in total on both #6 and #10). I always remain calm and I don't get in trouble with others which I think works in my favor in this case. I have also been a pretty big-time-trader (cashed out around 2600 USD out of this game) so if anyone needs help regarding trading I will surely help to my level best, just pointing this out if it helps my case, since a person should be well aware of everything related to this game.​

• Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
There always have been one rule that I abide by; ‘observe and take suitable action’, it's the general rule of thumb and as much as I would try to answer this question in most complex form it'll finally conclude to it, haha. I am not very harsh person as I don't really get mad, even when derogatory attitude is thrown at me, so I judge people's punishment using instinct rather than general set of rules since most of the cases are different as they require human touch for their final resolution. I will confess that I am a pretty informal person which I think works in my favor as informal attitude helps you blend in with other players and it in my opinion is a lot better than those authority boasting individuals.​

I just would like to bring it up but I checked you playtime and it looks very good, but your chat is very bad full of lennies and other types of bad things, just bringing it up for everyone to look at.

My opinions:

I took a look at your session logs at both servers, they are really really poor. Most of them is less than an hour, yet you got many days of connection time on both. I would recommend you to improve those sessions significantly, because 40 minutes per day is not really enough in my opinion. Your chatlog is very short, I get the feeling that you're not a fan of talking/communicating with others on the server, do you even keep track of what people say in the chat? As admin you need to pay attention all the time. And @Joe, I see 3 lenny faces on #10 and 4 on #06 and it's not like he's spamming it but the less the better, I get it.

@spAce could you give us some of your punishment policies? Take a look at previous accepted applications and you will get what I mean, that would help us a lot. Other than what I have mentioned, I don't find any more problems. Good luck.

Tl;Dr: Improve your sessions and your chatlog (you dont seem to communicate with others so I wonder if you even pay attention to the chat).

My opinions:
I took a look at your session logs at both servers, they are really really poor. Most of them is less than an hour, yet you got many days of connection time on both. I would recommend you to improve those sessions significantly, because 40 minutes per day is not really enough in my opinion. Your chatlog is very short, I get the feeling that you're not a fan of talking/communicating with others on the server, do you even keep track of what people say in the chat? As admin you need to pay attention all the time. And @Joe, I see 3 lenny faces on #10 and 4 on #06 and it's not like he's spamming it but the less the better, I get it.

I live in India my apologies if I am not on continuously as I am not able to maintain a stable connection due to power outages and sometimes internet down-times which might hamper my logs and play-times sometimes, I do connect twice in a day I don't know how the session logs might have missed it, I do agree I have been not-so-very-active in last two weeks as I wasn't even on my PC, I was involved in activities like classes and gym and friends. I do like to chat where input or opinion of mine is necessary, the less I talk the better it is for me to be out of the messes (example: hate / derogatory from others for killing them), I do always keep a record of chat, it's hard to ignore chats as you may know. About lenny I agree I use it (like many others, just for fun) but I don't intend or use to spam, take it as the most humble internet reply to someone who is trying to bury you.

My opinions:
@spAce could you give us some of your punishment policies? Take a look at previous accepted applications and you will get what I mean, that would help us a lot. Other than what I have mentioned, I don't find any more problems. Good luck.

I have seen the application and I do agree they make sense (some even more than mine), so I thought making out a creative reply would be more appreciated rather than some set standards. So here we go:

1. Hackers: Spectate them, observe their behavior and ask help from fellow people to make a precise judgement, if it vastly varies from the normal ones we have a cheater and they don't deserve to be on the server, hence the ban.
  2. Spawncampers: I don't really fancy them, even as a normal player I discourage people to do so, I'd start with warns, slays and then a kicks and bans.
  3. Griefing: Same tolerance as spawncampers.
  4. Insults / Trolls: Hated by everyone, gags and mutes are the rewards they get out of it, and if it continues; kick.
  5. Spammers (Voice and Text): Spammers should be started with mild warns and if it doesn't end there, a good long mute would be coming their way.
  6. Scammers: As I stated I used to be a trader and I really hate someone scamming others out of their valuables, they don't deserve to be in the entire game let alone Panda, I'd straight away go for a ban if the scammer doesn't do a trade-back.
Thank you.

I've seen spAce countless times on Hightower. He's a nice and friendly fellow, never really insults anyone and is generally not the one to rage.

His session activity is a bit of a problem, but he does know, in a way, most of the regulars there and judging by how he'd deal with rulebreakers - he fits the position (unlike a certain someone in mind).

The only problem we might have is the available admin positions. As I was the one who told how many admins are needed on Hightower, I'd like to note that player activity has severely declined and having more than 2 is pointless. Either 1 of the 2 here get accepted and 1 of the trials gets replaced/promoted for doing a good job or the applications get declined.

Good luck to you and I hope you make it.

spAce is cool, I've played with and against him on the server plenty of times and he has always been polite.

This application is current under review, thank you for your patience during this process.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the panda admin team.

I also want to mention that what Hawwis has mentioned is true, the situation on Hightower's activity has lowered and we will take this into consideration for the two new applicants and future ones.

We have decided to put you On Hold after discussing every single factor that needed to be considered.
I'll keep the reason short, we just want to see improvement in both spAce (If all ready improving, if not more) and the HighTower servers itself. Depending on the outcome in the next month(or less) will decide were this decision goes.

The application will be re-opened for any comments that anyone needs to share about this applicant for the up coming weeks.

Reactions: spAce
No worries, I already am working on making my sessions last longer than usual. Thanks for considering me as a potential applicant, it's really appreciated that you have faith in me.

• Friendly
Reactions: OxyGenE and Madact
Accepted, welcome to the team ::):

Since we do not have any full admins on Hightower at the moment I'll be your temporary mentor. Please add me when you can and I'll give the basics/answer questions to the best of my ability. @Claymore can also help out as he has more Hightower administration experience then me. Also Hawwis and Inu(I think) do as well so you do have a selection to ask. My apologizes that we couldn't get someone better suited, but we'll have to make do.
Also please add @Kevin on steam as he is responsible for your administration rights.

Reactions: Kevin and spAce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread