Declined Application for #20: The Hidden (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabalas

- Your nickname:
My ingame nickname is vabalas.

- Your age:

- Your Steam2 ID:

STEAM_0:0:41407471.

- Your general online times and your timezone:

In summer, I am generally online ~ 12-19 o' clock (GMT + 3:00), however, I do take breaks or work around the house. In autumn, I will probably be online ~17-20 o' clock (no guarantees). Keep in mind that I might go out somewhere, e.g. a lake, and about 1-7th of August I will not be online. Also, I do play elsewhere so I won't stick to just The Hidden server while I am online of course.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?:

I play and am applying for #20: The Hidden.
I will come to another server in case of a report if I can.

- Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, but I don't usually use it in TF2.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

I have been an admin in CS 1.6, CS:S and CS:GO, but not in TF2.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?:

As I mentioned before, I have been an admin in other source games, so I should know at least the basic command usage.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?:

I may be wrong, but I noticed a very big lack of administration in The Hidden server. While I am not an active forum member, I am an active player and willing to help in case of a report if I can. As I said, it looks to me like the server could use an active admin. I am willing to learn and stick to the rules that you think are appropriate in case what I think is best is wrong.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments:

I am capable of improvising but I would rather stick to the rules if I am elevated to admin. I do hope that you will improve my punishments so they would be dependable and truthful. I have low tolerance for most rules being broken. This is how my mind set it:

Hacking:
This is probably the biggest rule and can result in permanent bans which I would not give myself the power to do. If I think (spectating, of course) that there is a hacker I would report it to a higher ranked admin.

Everything else starts with a warning (normal chat).

Late joining:
Slay.

Rejoining (to get another life after dying):
Slay, if it continues, ban for a short time (5 minutes, perhaps), because kicking is not effective (after all, it is rejoining).

Ghosting:

Kick, short ban.

Foreign language, voice/chat spam:

Gag/mute.

Teaming:

Slay both players at the start of the next round, kick...

Offensive language (Gameserver Rules):

This is very, very common where I come from, so I may not be very sensitive with this rule. However, if I notice bad intentions (insults, discrimination, racism...) - kick, short ban.

You WILL notice a lot of excessive language and messy chat in the log, but, though it may seem hard to believe, I can control myself if necessary.

Thank you for your attention and patience reading my mumbling.

You WILL notice a lot of excessive language and messy chat in the log, but, though it may seem hard to believe, I can control myself if necessary.
I do understand that your chatlog is messy, but I do believe that you're somewhat insulting people too,:
useless.png

noob.png

Maybe you can control yourself, but still, no Admin should insult...

And I found this too:
panda.png

Slipping this on the app so other Admins can check this.

I am an active player
Active? From what I can see, you joined the server again on July 13th, and the last connection before that was in February, and from October 2014 to February 2015, all of your sessions didn't last more than 1 hour.

The app might be well-written, you don't have my support on this one.

I agree with you, but I am a teenager after all... and from July 13th you must have noticed my activity spiking - that's just what I am when not responsible.
After that chat log, I may have to vote myself down, I can hardly believe that it was myself who wrote it. No excuses, no idea what happened there.
I guess there are two people inside this body and I'm just the one in control this moment.

I'm not sure what this spark of applications which all have the pattern of that they have just returned and just as soon as they like the place again they want to apply.
You have a 5 months break from when you where previously fully active. I highly suggest this is put on hold so we know you're not just having a phase in where you think this is what you want for now rather then you thinking in the future. Though this hold thing is your choice, but if you read the couple of declined recent applications you'll notice the pattern.

It's quite simple to me actually: we played it, got bored of it, played something else, noticed this in the history book, came back for it - and we like it again for some reason. Because of that, we know (at least I do) that we will play this for quite some time and - why not? Might as well go for the chance while there's still a lot of time left before you get bored of it. To my mind, this is the best choice, because I know that I like it and I am not tired of it even a little bit.
Not sure what the point in holding this is - after what mignone noticed, I don't consider myself a participant for being an admin here. I just hope that someone else will succeed and watch over the server - there are lots of rule breakers here. Seriously.
Another thing I forgot for a future app - include AFK and I want to ask if spawn camping or general camping should be punished.

Not sure what the point in holding this is - after what mignone noticed, I don't consider myself a participant for being an admin here. I just hope that someone else will succeed and watch over the server - there are lots of rule breakers here. Seriously.

I understand your concern, but if you don't consider yourself being a part of the admin team there is no point applying.
There is always the !call function if you need an admin. If you need someone instant you can always add me on steam to message me if you need me (And I'll respond if I'm free) and you can also report people on the forums if you have the evidence on hand.

We do need dedicated admins on particular servers, but that doesn't mean we're going to get desperate.

With all that is said, are you sure you want to keep this up for a chance? From what's been said and what is against you now, you may want to think about it.

I thought I made myself clear with the last post - if I don't consider myself as a possibility, I clearly think that neither do you; the future app part, the voting myself down part... the chance part was just an explanation for why people do it - they know themselves and believe in themselves.
What you said - there always is the "if" part as well as it takes time.
You may close the thread for I now say that I am not going to be an admin if I did not make myself clear last time. You should really encourage other people to apply for The Hidden administration place as no admins actually want to be there from what I've seen (not seen, actually).

I wanted to make sure that is what you wanted before I closed it, that's why I asked. So thank you for clearing it up.

You may reapply in 1 month if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread